Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 09-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Smile 850 hp chevrolet corvette c5 zo6

Rc 45 will your corvette be anything like this?
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

No - that car is nothing like my car. That is just another procharged car. I chose to NOT go that route with my car for the simple reason an aftermarket blown car does not lend itself to thrashing around a road course in the Texas heat.

Its that simple.

There are probably 50 Procharged C5 Vettes in Houston all with 700 to 1000rwhp - and not a single one can lap a road course in the summer heat without pulling timing and threatening to die - they are all like big HP Supras... they are only good for freeway rollons.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Nice to see a high powered Vette sliding around
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

What RC said, but it looked like a nicely done Vette.

I esp like how the exhaust is done.

Last edited by 5vz-fe; 09-21-2008 at 04:30 PM.
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
No - that car is nothing like my car. That is just another procharged car. I chose to NOT go that route with my car for the simple reason an aftermarket blown car does not lend itself to thrashing around a road course in the Texas heat.

Its that simple.

There are probably 50 Procharged C5 Vettes in Houston all with 700 to 1000rwhp - and not a single one can lap a road course in the summer heat without pulling timing and threatening to die - they are all like big HP Supras... they are only good for freeway rollons.
What route will you go then?
Big cubic inch?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Big cubic inch?
Eventually, I think RC will go with Kinsler, or Harrop and also have to get a new hood to fit the new throttle bodies. That will yield some more power. However, I think he is satisfied with his power as-is, and looking for the best track session killer that he can drive to and from the track; hence his new splitter, ductail, and forthcoming park bench
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 AM   #7
79TA
Regular User

Big cubic inch?

Well, so far he's gone with cubic inches, a big cam, and some compression. I'm guessing more of the same, but I'm sure RC will chime in. There are always more things to be addressed . . . sigh, so much to do to my on car.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
Svensson
Regular User

Thumbs up

I also believe ITB's are the way to go. Besides more power and torque, they also give better throttle response and a deep growling induction roar. What more can you wish for!

Here you can see the Harrop setup:

Sounds something like this:
http://www.harrop.com.au/site_resour...e_manifold.mpg
Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Well, so far he's gone with cubic inches, a big cam, and some compression. I'm guessing more of the same, but I'm sure RC will chime in. There are always more things to be addressed . . . sigh, so much to do to my on car.
I mean more than 8 litre
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

I mean more than 8 litre
427ci is 7 litres. 500ci just to pursue a power number is better left to the Jay Leno's of the world (The $50,000+ cost of a 500ci LSx based motor is just out of regular folks leagues) - and the return on the ITB's investment is pretty low - especially considering you need a new engine managment solution.

Such motors are really only for the folks who view a $50, $60, $75 or $100,000 motor as an interesting hobby or whom are powertrain managers of million dollar GT1 teams

This is what makes the EVS super charger that MTI Racing in Georgia have put together so interesting.

For around $20K they transform the 427ci motor into a very capable track monster - and not just a "dyno and roll on queen".
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
427ci is 7 litres. 500ci just to pursue a power number is better left to the Jay Leno's of the world (The $50,000+ cost of a 500ci LSx based motor is just out of regular folks leagues) - and the return on the ITB's investment is pretty low - especially considering you need a new engine managment solution.

Such motors are really only for the folks who view a $50, $60, $75 or $100,000 motor as an interesting hobby or whom are powertrain managers of million dollar GT1 teams

This is what makes the EVS super charger that MTI Racing in Georgia have put together so interesting.

For around $20K they transform the 427ci motor into a very capable track monster - and not just a "dyno and roll on queen".
So you can still considering a supercharger for more power?