Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

tapping 145... if the car could hook up on launch, it would be good for 9's
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
tapping 145... if the car could hook up on launch, it would be good for 9's
Yes it could run a 9 second pass but is not made for the dragstrip.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

LS2... and an LS7.

Having sat in and seen an Ultima up close and tootled around the parking lot, I was both impressed but disappointed at the same time.

To build it properly its an expensive car that clearly is very narrowly focused and not that easy to enjoy outside some specific circumstances.

You would need to have a couple of cars as sometimes the spartan nature of the car would get old quickly.

Sort of like tryign to live with a Viper RT/10 or a Cobra replica as an only sports car.

For the same money an "only car" for me would be a 996 GT3.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
LS2...
Whoops.
The ultima is really great car that you build yourself.
It would be cool to make one whit a duramax diesel engine 700 hp and lots of torque mid engine.
8)
Old 08-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
pagani
Regular User

LS2... and an LS7.

Having sat in and seen an Ultima up close and tootled around the parking lot, I was both impressed but disappointed at the same time.

To build it properly its an expensive car that clearly is very narrowly focused and not that easy to enjoy outside some specific circumstances.

You would need to have a couple of cars as sometimes the spartan nature of the car would get old quickly.

Sort of like tryign to live with a Viper RT/10 or a Cobra replica as an only sports car.

I would take the ultima gtr over the porsche 996 gt3.
How compares a gtr to your own corvette??
Old 08-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
LS2... and an LS7.

If you were to choose just one sports car for the money - you would be an idiot to choose an Ultima over a GT3.

Note the qualifier is "one sports car".

The point is that you want to drive from home to the track, drive to the country side, occasionaly commute and even run errands and enjoy the car everywhere.

Dude - use your brain - how the fuck do you think a 800rwhp 2200lb rwd mid engine purpose built race car compares to a 3100lb 570rwhp street driven sports car compare? :roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
LS2... and an LS7.

If you were to choose just one sports car for the money - you would be an idiot to choose an Ultima over a GT3.

Note the qualifier is "one sports car".

The point is that you want to drive from home to the track, drive to the country side, occasionaly commute and even run errands and enjoy the car everywhere.

Dude - use your brain - how the fuck do you think a 800rwhp 2200lb rwd mid engine purpose built race car compares to a 3100lb 570rwhp street driven sports car compare? :roll:
Ok i understand your point now your car has a full interior more sportscar than pure racer i schould have tought of that.
i kown one porsche that good is good on the street and on the track.

8)
Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Jeff schwartz ultima gtr tt@silver state classic in nevada 2007
8)