Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #46
5vz-fe
Regular User

I think its the proportionality factor that got messed up here.

We do like the adrenalin of going fast (yes even on public roads) but how far will u push your car say in a 60kph zone? Say 100. Of course, our cars are infesible compare to the Enzo. The Enzo should be double the capability of the cars we are driving at least, so he goes in 200.....nope....250 something. This is the part where I don't agree. The equation should not be linear, and there should always be a limit on how far u push it w/o proper safety equipment (like a racetrack does).

One might say that adrenalin is cause by the car @ the limit and 250 is where the limit is, but 250 is clearly not the limit of the road. I do feel sorry for him, his wife and childern .... but that doesn't mean he's not stupid for doing such a stunt.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #47
graywolf624
Regular User

Al, what does the dubble white line mean? this is a style that we dont have here... im sure we do, but not with that specific raod lines.
2 way traffic.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #48
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Al, what does the dubble white line mean? this is a style that we dont have here... im sure we do, but not with that specific raod lines.
2 way traffic.
ok, so the equivilant to a dubble yellow line (white lines here mean 1-way street)

thanks gray
Old 11-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #49
st-anger
Regular User

well said, both Espen and Al but i´m afraid this´ll end up in a "point of view" discussion with no result for this specific situation...

personally i have to say that due to my experience i see things a bit different for this specific issue than others would but well, everyone´s free to put in his personal thoughts...

ride safe my friends..........
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #50
graywolf624
Regular User

Yes Gray we all know the text book examples of how things should be, and we all know you wrote the book so let it rest allready.....
No.. But I've witnessed the outcome of driving stupidly, you learn from your mistakes and those of others or your doomed to repeat them. But whatever, I guess anyone who has a sense of morals and understands right and wrong is somehow high and mighty in your book. I sometimes wonder how you've lived this long with that attitude. You'd certainly feel differently had you watched 3 people from your car club end up in the ground because of driving beyond their abilities/not accounting for the abilities and predictabilities of those cars and things around them on a public street.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #51
Banchi105
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
I agree with st anger here...yes it was the drivers fault if he was going in that speed, but that doesnt make him an idiot.....it makes him a car guy who liked the thrill of going fast....pretty much like 99% of this forums members if we are going to be honest..
Dont act like you never have gone too fast yourself, cuz if you are a car nut you most likely have done, and in a much less capable car than an Enzo....
Im starting to get tired of comments like these on forums (JW not being the worst, but we got our cases) I know its the politicaly correct thing to say, but come on you are fooling no one...most of us like to go fast the memebers top speed thread and the thrill people get from watching GIS ghostrider, gumball and other vids prove this.....it only makes one sound like a hypocrit.....
Its easy to say he was an idiot cuz he was speeding on such a road, but its on those kind of roads its most thrilling to go fast.....going fast on the Autobahn are just going fast not exactly adrenalin pumping....sometimes things goes south like in this case wich is sad, but shit happens in life thats just how it is.....

My toughts goes to his wife kids and friends....

RIP fellow car enthusiast....
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #52
TT
Regular User

Well said st-anger as always. It's too easy to call him "idiot", but a guy with a woman he loves and two children waiting for him at home should be carefull when driving a fast car. We don't know the details, but if he was really doing 256 on a 80 kmh road, far from me to say he deserved it (nobody does), but that was total madness from him
Everybody speed, sure, and we always feel like nothing can touch us. Even on track you can die as we sadly saw some time ago .
I don't have children myself and maybe when I will, I will still be as stupid as today, but once ppl depend on your, need you and your love, some things have to be put aside
That said, again, it is too easy to call him idiot and affirm he deserved it
Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #53
No.1
Regular User

Shame he died... shame about the car too

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Sorry Stracing but saying that he deserves it is stupid :roll: I say fuck the car - the man was much more important, and the man who was able to make money to buy an Enzo have my respect. I think Ferrari didnt sell Enzo's to everyone.
Money=Respect ???? I think not :roll:

And anybody with the money can get hold of an Enzo
Old 11-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #54
graywolf624
Regular User

..yes he was driving fast on a two lane highway but if you claim to not have gone past 100mph on a two lane highway ever I think you are lying or just dont have driven that much....
If I died from driving 100 mph on a 2 lane highway, or if when I drove 100 on a 2 lane(never done it) I would be an idiot too.

I have a sense of morals and I know the difference of right and wrong I just dont think I am any better than anyone else.....be honest and look inside yourself and you will know you got alot of skeletons your self...
And yet again I don't think myself perfect, but I expect that if I died cause of driving like an idiot you'd have the balls to call it as you see it and say I acted like an idiot and its my own damn fault. That I shouldnt have endangered my own and other peoples lives. I don't sugar coat things just cause the person died, and it pisses me off when people do so.

As I stated above, I feel sorry for his family.. But Im glad he only killed himself and feel had he lived he should have had his license and his car revoked.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #55
st-anger
Regular User

...the level of disrespectfulness to the family calling a dead father "asshat", "idiot", ... makes me feel ashamed and some ppl here should better leave it now... :idea:

...can only shake my head when reading some "wisdoms" here, sorry....
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #56
acs power
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
idiot, he deserved it!
Nobody deserves this, could be anyone

RIP
Old 11-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #57
acs power
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
:cry: :cry: :cry: there goes another one, I feel terrible for the man and his family, but another enzo down the drain due to an unskilled driver. I guess when an enzo bites, it bites HARD.... so is that 2 RIP enzos" (this one and the fireball in texas?) I hope there isnt any more....... :cry:
Nice criteria for judging who is skilled and who unskilled driver you have
Old 11-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #58
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

This arguing sounds silly, end of the day he was responsible for his actions. He could of been the greatest Skilled driver in the world, this wasnt a race track, someone or a vehicle could of jumped in front of him and he tried to get out of the way. You dont get sand traps on the roads, looks like he collected a pole or tree.

Skills doesnt come into it, common sense does, it wasnt a freeway/autostrada it was a normal road. If he was using common sense he would of done 80--100 like the rest of them, but he decided to give it a fang and now has paid the ultimate price for it.

If people respected others when they are alive, there wouldnt be a need to respect them when they die.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #59
bmagni
Regular User

ill just say we all make mistakes and we dont always take the best decisions, only god and the driver knows what happened, and were no one to judge him. Who knows if he did it on purpose.
In the end he did no harm to other than his family and loved ones, and "just" in a sentimental way, and hes just responsible for that.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #60
dingo
Regular User

I don't think anyone can argue what he was doing was reckless and highly risky - and he ended up paying the price for it. It doesn't do any good calling him names after he's dead, so maybe we should just leave it.

When I was in Alice Springs in August we regularly did 300kmh+ (332kmh max) and it could all have gone horribly wrong at any moment. The big difference however is that we were on a road with no speed limits, and that was flat for miles and miles with very minimal traffic. This guy in the Enzo wasn't quite as selective in choosing the place to achieve these speeds.....

Originally Posted by bmagni
....Who knows if he did it on purpose.....
I think we can safely say he didn't kill himself on purpose.