Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 07-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #61
Darkel
Regular User

I guess I was supposed to know it
Sorry but everything can happen in this series even a space ship landing on the beach

TT >> I just watched episode 10, now I understand what you wanted to say with "you'd better also download ep 11"
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #62
sheruken
Regular User

PMed you the Link, TT.. But dont check it till you're done with season 1, it starts with Spoilers
And dont worry guys, you can come to this thread, we wont discuss it "openly"..

And yeah, the spaceship bit in the final episode was annoying.. But hey wasnt that episode Directed by Speilberg?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #63
TT
Regular User

Stored them and definitely won't check them out before the series will end! But it will be quite hard to resist
Old 07-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #64
Darkel
Regular User

I have a question for the american guys here, or those who watched this series in english : is the radio message in the second episode in french or german ?

Because we're wondering (on another board) if they hadn't some translation troubles, in the french version this message is in german but the woman is still called "Rousseau" and she still wrote french on her maps
That's not so realistic, shannon's ex-boyfriend is supposed to be german and called "Laurent" :roll:
Old 07-16-2005, 06:31 PM   #65
TT
Regular User

In the english version it is indeed a french message, period.

In the french version it is a big mess, they say it is German, but in the radio you hear different languages, her name is French, the maps are written in french ... but well, no real solution to go around the problem for the french version LOL
Old 07-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #66
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
they say it is German, but in the radio you hear different languages
I just remember she had a terrible french accent when speaking german ... and shannon's translation isn't perfect either, she said "it killed everybody" instead of something like "it killed all men" and that could've tell us that she was the only woman of her expedition :roll:
Old 07-17-2005, 08:51 AM   #67
sheruken
Regular User

Well Shannon keeps saying that her "French" in the English version, sucks. She's not too good with it. So if the translation isnt perfect, its basically because Shannon isnt very good at it.. This exactly was my questions a few pages back. I kept wondering how they'd keep the "Drama" alive in the dubbed versions.. because anything even remotely funny in this situation would just kill that feel to it, just as you said!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #68
Darkel
Regular User

She said her german sucked yesterday
There's a big mess with the french episodes (and probably just here, because the french audience wouldn't have any problems to understand the message and what is written on the maps), god bless the original version in english :roll:
And they even dubbed shannon's song at the end of the episode , it must have been quite weird with an english accent :shock:
Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #69
gis
Regular User

Well its finally started here in the UK.just watching the first episode right now and a second episode is also on 2nite.only been on 30 minutes and im lovin it.just gone off for a break now,went off with something in the forrest making a weird noise that i can actually only describe as what the T-rex does in jurrasic park,lol......but it cant be a dinosaur.......can it? LOL

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #70
gis
Regular User

LOL nah im not asking.....well.i do want to know,but i love these type of series were they have you guessing,not watched a series like that since 24 ended months ago

Old 08-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #71
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
but it cant be a dinosaur.......can it? LOL
That's Hurley being hungry

This saturday, episodes 22 and 23, it's nearly the end of season one :cry:
Old 08-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #72
gis
Regular User

episodes 22 and 23.....i think were gettin just 1 episode a week.they usually start a season with a double bill liek they did 2day and end with a double bill.but between that they show 1 episode a week.man its gonna be a frustrating time,lol

Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #73
Darkel
Regular User

Argh, here we had 3 per week (one evening in fact) and now only 2 for the end of the season, and a belgian channel even aired 4/evening :shock:
Old 08-11-2005, 06:01 AM   #74
gis
Regular User

That sucks,id much rather have more in one night,even if its just 2 a week.it sucks but i guess im gonna be here a few months watching this.lol

i only seen 2 episodes and there have been a couple surprises already,dunno if im allowed to talk about them yet though,lol

Old 08-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #75
sheruken
Regular User

You guys talking about this, makes me wanna see it all over again!
DAMN, can't wait for the Season 2 to start.. At TV.com they've said it is going to start on the 21st of September 2005. Now can anyone confirm this please?

And gis, you better start getting used to NOT coming in this thread! , coz once the season 2 starts.. we would WANT to discuss it here, and That'll be a huge spoilers for you brow!