Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 03-14-2005, 02:01 AM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

ha ha actually there was a show called strip poker here in the states aswell but no one ever got fully naked.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

canadian eh? well Trailer Park Boys is funny as hell, and a show that is really out there on it own.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:03 AM   #3
Daggernite
Regular User

TV is pretty poor these days, at 7PM my nan like alot of other people in england, take control of the TV and watch, Emmadale, Coronation street and Eastenders !! There all proper chessey aswell. But as for the most original TV program, well I'm not too sure. There was this show on yesterday which was pretty good. It was about these two generals, who control a virtual roman army, Even little Richard Hammond was on there, and the show after that called ruffs or summat.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #4
lev_p
Regular User

Räsypokka (strippoker),
Actually, that's an old one too. Saw it about 8 or 9 years ago on Russian TV (NTV), the only difference being only one couple at a time, filmed at a TV studio. They also had erotic ballet dancers there and a special or unusual car every show. It was hosted by a guy, who is a showman and also a racing driver.
Later he hosted a show, where 2 groups of 4 people had to escape police chace in Moscow for 30 minutes, while their cars were equipped with a GSM positioner. That was also a nice show, with real police chaces. Cameras were both in the escaping cars and in police vehicles (there were 6 of them). The winner took the car (Daewoo Super Racer ).
Here in Israel we have a show that I have yet to see on other TV channels, where couples compete in different tasks, both logical and physical throught the country. Every couple gets a jeep for the task, and the prize is a 4 room apartment.

Spirit In The Dark
lev_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 AM   #5
komotar
Regular User

well, I can't think of a cool show in Slovenia, but I almost always tune in
to a german show called TV TOTAL with Stefan Raab.

He is one of the coolest guys on the planet...

The sketches he pulls are unbelivable and his crazy ideas, competitions...

the guy can pull off anything.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:14 AM   #6
blah
Regular User

Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Sealab 2021, The Venture Brothers, and Home Movies. Can you tell i only watch tv at night?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:16 AM   #7
T-Bird
Regular User

do other countries have shows like Overhaulin where they properly fix up a junk car and DON'T make it look like shit?
Also does anyone have a show like the Amazing Race where couples race around the world completing some pretty cool tasks?
I think we originated the Adult Oriented Cartoons.
Shows like the Sopranos, Deadwood (they really push the boundaries being on HBO) Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily Show.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #8
TransAm
Regular User

I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

The best of them all must be Fawlty Towers

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx ops:

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #9
bmwmpower
Regular User

here is every show with west style so nothing special

oh i had idea
show called Mojsejovci http://mojsejovci.markiza.sk/

about very rich husbands
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #10
TransAm
Regular User

^ Big Brother - dutch idea, but ripped off by every other country. Very original idea though, IMHO.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #11
666fast
Regular User

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx
I was flipping through the channels and somehow ended up watching that show the other day. The first 10 minutes was some old woman just sitting in her room. I'm gonna have to say it was one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen! LOL
Some dude was also pissed at some dog the entire show.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #12
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx
I was flipping through the channels and somehow ended up watching that show the other day. The first 10 minutes was some old woman just sitting in her room. I'm gonna have to say it was one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen! LOL
Some dude was also pissed at some dog the entire show.
You did well to find it considering its not been on TV in this part of the USA since Sept 03. It sounds like an old episode on PBS to me.

Anyway, IMHO it's better than a lot of the american crap I have to put up with :roll:

/dons flameproof suit...

Old 03-15-2005, 12:29 PM   #13
Anile8er

I agree with dani_d_mas. In Spain the best TV show, at our days, is Buenafuente. He is so funny!!!!!
There are lots of rubbish (the most of TV programs) like VIP big brother with "famous" people, etc.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #14
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I think the Married with Children was pretty original. It was a far cry from the "happy family" shows of it's day. Now we have the Simpsons and Family Guy

I think these days though, CSI is the probably the most original show on (the original one, not Miami or NY) But i don't have cable so there are alot of channels i'm missing

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

i LOVE Viva LaBam. that shit is HYSTERICAL!