Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 06-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #31
Global Warming
Regular User

So you admit that all this flashy technology in the video really only represents is an improved form of communication between devices? I can agree with that. So just take whatever improved means of communication is in those tiles and put it into PDA’s

But having a little tile that you have to carry, store, cant resize, wont stay on a vertical screen without some sort of holder, all just to tell you the weather?!?? Well that is just funny… “Damnt I left my weather tile at work again, oh well I can still get it on my PDA, cell phone, pager, laptop with wireless, desktop computer, TV, radio, etc… But damn that weather tile is still REALLY useful”!!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

You are trying to turn this into a pissing contest - for what reason I can't fathom - and I don't feel like allowing you to misrepresent the message I posted.

If you bothered to READ what I had typed I qualified that IF IT WAS PROFUCKINGDUCED AS A STANDAFUCKINGLONE COMPONENT - THAT DID NOT RELY ON THE SUBSTRATE AS DISPLAYED - AND IT WAS NOT SINGLE FUNCTION CONSTRAINED then it COULD POSSIBLY BE USED AS PORTRAYED.

:roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #33
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
You are trying to turn this into a pissing contest - for what reason I can't fathom - and I don't feel like allowing you to misrepresent the message I posted.

If you bothered to READ what I had typed I qualified that IF IT WAS PROFUCKINGDUCED AS A STANDAFUCKINGLONE COMPONENT - THAT DID NOT RELY ON THE SUBSTRATE AS DISPLAYED - AND IT WAS NOT SINGLE FUNCTION CONSTRAINED then it COULD POSSIBLY BE USED AS PORTRAYED.

Haha I have no idea what you just said...! So I guess that means I was wrong... You got me. Sorry to upset you.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:12 AM   #34
sads
Regular User

All I know is one thing that is so fucking cool
Old 06-03-2005, 02:19 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere

Haha I have no idea what you just said...! So I guess that means I was wrong... You got me. Sorry to upset you.
There in lines the entire God damned problem - you can't understand written English.. :roll:
Old 06-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #36
pharzo
Regular User

Another benefit that seems to come from this "modularity" is the different interactions the tiles can have with each other. You can't connect an ipod to a phone, and get some new music on it. But with this, several different interactions were shown between the tiles.

This system was shown in 2001, and was made by the Sony Computer Science Labs

http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/rekimoto/datatile/

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #37
Global Warming
Regular User

" You can't connect an ipod to a phone" But you can a PDA and have been able to for years. PDAs have been around playing MP3s for 5 or 6 years before the iPod was even introduced.

Nothing new.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #38
pharzo
Regular User

Yes they have, but with capacities of 128 mb. Now let's compare that with the 20 gb's of my 2 year old ipod. The idea is that you create modules with specific functions, not objects that do it everything poorly. Like a camera/cellphone/mp3. It may be able to do all those things, but it's not as good as a real camera, and it's not as good as a real mp3 player

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

" You can't connect an ipod to a phone" But you can a PDA and have been able to for years. PDAs have been around playing MP3s for 5 or 6 years before the iPod was even introduced.

Nothing new.
Neither is this demo apparently - since it dates from 2001.

Either way - iPods, PDA's and cell phones have not become interchangeble evices that EVERYONE uses as simply as a toaster.

Each is still isolated and not simply interconnected.

You are just sour because when you came pissing on our parade we didn't just take it lying down.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #40
Global Warming
Regular User

Nothing new.

Either way - iPods, PDA's and cell phones have not become interchangeble evices that EVERYONE uses as simply as a toaster.

You are just sour because when you came pissing on our parade we didn't just take it lying down.
No, actually many mobile phones are combination PDAs now. You can open your browser on the phone, surf then net, download an MP3 and play it and listen to it with your headphones. Sure they are still $3-400 for these devices but that will come down like everything. So actually you are wrong. They are all interconnected in an array of devices made by many different companies.

Pissing match? You sure like to say that a lot. I guess that is what you are in. I am simply pointing out that we have devices and services available today to do everything this represents and are most certainly all interconnected. There is nothing new or meaningful in that video except the fact that they took a virtual window on a virtual desktop and made them both physical. And that has no use. It was basically a cool looking science project and nothing more.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Nothing new.

No, actually many mobile phones are combination PDAs now.
No fucking shit sherlock - do you some how think you are the only person that is up to date on the latests and greatest teachnology?

Everyone and the uncle knows this - so you are not sharing any new news with anyone.

You can open your browser on the phone, surf then net, download an MP3 and play it and listen to it with your headphones.
Again - you are not telling anyone something they didn't already know.

Why would you presume that you hold the patent on knowing whats the latest tech? :roll:

Sure they are still $3-400 for these devices but that will come down like everything.
That is the problem - after 6 years the price has not come down at all - and they are not universaly used by everyone - but rather only a select few technogeeks and yuppie posers.

So actually you are wrong. They are all interconnected in an array of devices made by many different companies.
I am not wrong. You are. These devices are no more connected than your and my computer are connected. We happen to have "browsable" and "downloadable" access to the same content - but we are not "interconnected" - we are in fact seperated by the very nature of the network we are on.

I happen to run an interpreter that can access the same content as you can - until I install some sftware component we are not "interconnected".

Pissing match? You sure like to say that a lot. I guess that is what you are in. I am simply pointing out that we have devices and services available today to do everything this represents and are most certainly all interconnected.
Wrong - they are service subscription dependent.

There is nothing new or meaningful in that video except the fact that they took a virtual window on a virtual desktop and made them both physical.
Well - again, considering how old the video is - it's not new currently.

And ifyou can't get past your obvious obsession with "virtual to physical" you are obviously not able to realise the gist of my entire supposition - if you read MY COMMENT with comprehension you would realize that the basis for the comment was that one assumes in later versions the ENTIRE SUITE of functionality is available on the ONE see-through device and that is is NOT RESTRICTED to needing to be on the substrate.

And that has no use. It was basically a cool looking science project and nothing more.
In your flawed opinion.

Agh fuckit you are just being an obtuse jackoff.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #42
Global Warming
Regular User

Nothing new.

No, actually many mobile phones are combination PDAs now.
No fucking shit sherlock - do you some how think you are the only person that is up to date on the latests and greatest teachnology?

Everyone and the uncle knows this - so you are not sharing any new news with anyone.

You can open your browser on the phone, surf then net, download an MP3 and play it and listen to it with your headphones.
Again - you are not telling anyone something they didn't already know.

Why would you presume that you hold the patent on knowing whats the latest tech? :roll:

Sure they are still $3-400 for these devices but that will come down like everything.
That is the problem - after 6 years the price has not come down at all - and they are not universaly used by everyone - but rather only a select few technogeeks and yuppie posers.

So actually you are wrong. They are all interconnected in an array of devices made by many different companies.
I am not wrong. You are. These devices are no more connected than your and my computer are connected. We happen to have "browsable" and "downloadable" access to the same content - but we are not "interconnected" - we are in fact seperated by the very nature of the network we are on.

I happen to run an interpreter that can access the same content as you can - until I install some sftware component we are not "interconnected".

Pissing match? You sure like to say that a lot. I guess that is what you are in. I am simply pointing out that we have devices and services available today to do everything this represents and are most certainly all interconnected.
Wrong - they are service subscription dependent.

There is nothing new or meaningful in that video except the fact that they took a virtual window on a virtual desktop and made them both physical.
Well - again, considering how old the video is - it's not new currently.

And ifyou can't get past your obvious obsession with "virtual to physical" you are obviously not able to realise the gist of my entire supposition - if you read MY COMMENT with comprehension you would realize that the basis for the comment was that one assumes in later versions the ENTIRE SUITE of functionality is available on the ONE see-through device and that is is NOT RESTRICTED to needing to be on the substrate.

And that has no use. It was basically a cool looking science project and nothing more.
In your flawed opinion.

Agh fuckit you are just being an obtuse jackoff.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:27 AM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Again - the problem is not my writing skills, but your reading and comprehension skills.

You know there is no statute of limitations on taking the the school system to court for failing you in your education.

:fist: