Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 08-22-2005, 08:41 AM   #1
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Default New F430 options

Here are the new carbon options available for the F430:

Carbon lined engine bay:

Carbon steering wheel:

CF door sills:

Ball polished rims (I don't like them):

If you find any higher res pics, don't hesitate to add them

Here are some other ones:

Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
kjekki
Regular User

totally agree with the rims, i smell BLING here
kjekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Uhm - CF engine bay liner?

This pretty much proves the F430 is the culminaiton of all things poser and bling.

Granted Ferrari must sell cars to make money, but it seems they are celebrating the fact that more of their customers these days are poser wannabe's for whom appearance is more important than substance.

An F430 with backup-radar? Is this to make the parking valets life easier?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

This pretty much proves the F430 is the culminaiton of all things poser and bling.

Granted Ferrari must sell cars to make money, but it seems they are celebrating the fact that more of their customers these days are poser wannabe's for whom appearance is more important than substance.

1. In my book, CF isn't bling... crome and spinners on the other hand, is. And as far as I know, Ferrari isn't offering them yet. :roll:

2. Don't comment on whether the CF in the engine bay is more "appearance than substance" if you don't know for sure whether its completely useless.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
SFDMALEX
Regular User

My fuck, you hate at any opportunity you find... :roll:

I guess they should make the car out of plastic...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek

1. In my book, CF isn't bling... crome and spinners on the other hand, is. And as far as I know, Ferrari isn't offering them yet. :roll:
So -pasting a CF cover over items in not bling then ?

CF sill plates etc are structural components then

2. Don't comment on whether the CF in the engine bay is more "appearance than substance" if you don't know for sure whether its completely useless.
So - is the CF strucrural or decorative? Let's hear it

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

My fuck, you hate at any opportunity you find... :roll:

I guess they should make the car out of plastic...
I will poke fun at and make jokes about any car coming from the factory with cosmetic bullsh!t stuck all over it... and if you call that hating - so be it.

But of all the phoney junk, CF/Chrome etc "decor" is as rice as big vinyls..

2nd: If producing the car out of fibreglass keeps the weight low - then go for it.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Its weight saving and its "optional".
Old 08-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #8
TT
Regular User

For sure in this case the new CF are not meant to reduce weight, improve rigitity or something... but well, while "decorative" CF on a riced up Civic can for sure be seen as more bling/rice/useless stuff, when you have a nice car you can desire to improve/change its look.. maybe because you want to make it a bit different from the basic model, maybe because you just like it.. anyway, the 430 isn't an anonymous car that won't attract any attention before the CF options are installed :roll:

I see nothing bad in them.. just a way to personalize your Ferrari, like different kind of leathers or other options :bah:
Old 08-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #9
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
For sure in this case the new CF are not meant to reduce weight, improve rigitity or something... but well, while "decorative" CF on a riced up Civic can for sure be seen as more bling/rice/useless stuff, when you have a nice car you can desire to improve/change its look.. maybe because you want to make it a bit different from the basic model, maybe because you just like it.. anyway, the 430 isn't an anonymous car that won't attract any attention before the CF options are installed :roll:

I see nothing bad in them.. just a way to personalize your Ferrari, like different kind of leathers or other options :bah:
Well put TT..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT

Rubbish you Eurocrat, its supposed to be made out of plastic, leather? Nylon bithc! j/k
Old 08-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT

Come on now - you are using a double standard here - it's ok for a Ferrari owner to dress up their car but it's not for an econo-car owner to do the same?

It's rice - no matter who puts it on..

The Macca F1 and F40 and F50 aren't rice - they are made of CF and other exotics, and well - are true Ferraris - purpose built to go fast - no compromise... this F430 is built to appease the poser in everyone - you guys included

Just admit in this case that a blinged Ferrari is no better than a rapers Escalade..
Old 08-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

how the fuck is it blinged? Big deal, has carbon fiber bits as an option.

Z06 has cup holders! Fuck its a hair dressers car!!! It has a cheap plastic interior! Its a Ford Tauris...............seriously man :roll:

Find something else to do except pick on every possible thing you can in anything non Vette..... :roll:

Its funny how you comment on "options" being your self a fan of muscle cars who sell on auction blocks for their "options".
Old 08-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
how the fuck is it blinged? Big deal, has carbon fiber bits as an option.

Z06 has cup holders! Fuck its a hair dressers car!!! It has a cheap plastic interior! Its a Ford Tauris...............seriously man :roll:

Find something else to do except pick on every possible thing you can in anything non Vette..... :roll:
You are bringing Vette into this... I never mentioned it

I have the same opion about all the CF options you can stick all over the inside of the new Porsche you buy, or the interior kits pasting CF all over the inside of a new Beemer - and yes, even those CF/brushed aluminium interior kits for the Vette - made by the same guys who do the Beemer stuff...

If it didn't ship with it, and the new components don't contribute functionaly then it's all rice

Y'all are so quick to label a guy with a Civic who has a CF shifter a ricer, yet state that altering an F430 with non-fucntional CF decorations is "expressing personal taste"
Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

A Civic is an econo box. And something like a shifter is too small of a detail to discuss whats rice or not on.

And whats wrong with the Aluminun kits for a Vette? Is it wrong? Im sure its better then the plastic it comes with, its an option, a mater of taste.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #15
TT
Regular User

Come on now - you are using a double standard here...
To be honest, where is the problem?