Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #46
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!! My DVR is useless :bad-words: Speed isn't replaying it either :x

I missed the damn race because of one pile of shit peice of technology :x
you didn't miss a lot. But you could *cough* find it *cough* somewhere else
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #47
sameerrao
Regular User

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!! My DVR is useless :bad-words: Speed isn't replaying it either :x

Speed will be replaying it next weekend on 4/30 to be precise! Check their schedule out

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #48
sameerrao
Regular User

Another boring race at Slowmola. 2005 was the exception but pretty much processional races are whats on the menu here with very narrow track and overtaking with similar cars a virtual impossibility.

Having said that, It was nice to see a reverse of 2005 with Alonso attempting to apply the pressure and Michael having to resist. I think Michael did a splendid job to hold Alonso back who tried everything in the book to get past but didnt succeed.

I wonder what is up with Kimi and the McLarens in general. Despite having less fuel than Alonso, they were well behind the pace of Alonso. Kimi had a subdued race this time around. I hope this is a one-off for him and that he can along with Michael challenge Alonso for the title.

Fisi must have been an emotional wreck after qualifying when he couldnt complete a lap due to the yellow flags. I think his mood must have been low during this race. I bet if it was Alonso starting 11th, he wouls have ended up a lot higher.

Alonso's pace was devastating in the first stint considering how much fuel he had onboard. I am pretty sure he could have won if Renault stuck to their original fuel gameplan.

Webber drove a great (but invisible) race - the TV guys didnt pick him up at all.

Button did a great job on track but the team lacks proper strategy and smooth, quick pitwork. Both these factors mean that they have very little chance of beating a Renault/Ferrari/McLaren for a win. Barrichello played the disappearing act today ... what the heck happened?

Ide is a nuisance and his superlicence must be revoked. He is a menace on the track.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #49
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao

Speed will be replaying it next weekend on 4/30 to be precise! Check their schedule out
the dvr doesn't post scheduling that far ahead

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #50
DeMoN
Regular User

I recorded using Brighthouse DVR. You cant look that far in advanced, but if you do a title search and have it record for al FORMULA ONE shows, then you'll get it. I had to go eat with friends and got like 30 mins late but thanx to DVR I rewindid and catched up by forwarding commersials.

God Damn McLaren, press the gass fukerz~!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #51
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I recorded using Brighthouse DVR. You cant look that far in advanced, but if you do a title search and have it record for al FORMULA ONE shows, then you'll get it. I had to go eat with friends and got like 30 mins late but thanx to DVR I rewindid and catched up by forwarding commersials.

God Damn McLaren, press the gass fukerz~!!!
It set to record, and you can go back and see that it is STILL set to record. Just pisses me off

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #52
Max Power

^^^
did u try hitting it with an axe?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #53
DeMoN
Regular User

I tried deleting and adding formula one, but it gave me an error. Apparently, you cant do it so far in advanced. Just make sure you make it record ALL F1 and then dont remvoe it from the schedule.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #54
jenkF1
Regular User

wow wow hold your horses there

They already totaly bastardized the track with that new chicane.

Imola is one of the best layouts in the world mate, just cause Alonso doesnt have the balls to do anything doesnt make it bad.
They have already totally bastardised the track after '94 its used to be pretty flowing. Alonso didn't have a lot of balls but nor did the rest of the pack. Even if he didn't, did you see his advantage? Even if it meant a Schumacher chop I doubt Alonso would hold back if there was any sort of possibility. He even said in the press conference it is impossible to overtake, as did all the drivers, as reflected in the lack of overtaking in the whole race.

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #55
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^^^ Another one of the races where Alonso is using his brains he knew from the beginning that he would settle for second. I guess him pushing michael wasn't him trying to pass he was just to trying to pressurize him into making a mistake, which isn't very clever because its michael. He could have done an outrageouse manouvre and took himself and schumi out(which IMO is good thing from my perspective, Both McLaren's on the podium), but which woould you rather have 8 points or risk it all for ten.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #56
Max Power

^^^
Alonso may have appeared to be pleased about his 2nd place...but in reality he's pissed cause he couldn't beat MS with twice the laps remaining that MS had last year...and prove to everyone how fantastic he thinks he is...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #57
caneswell
Regular User

Well Renault fucked that up didn't they! Could have taken the win had they not pitted before Schui, don't know how they ever thought that would work!?

Yeah it is disapointing to see a race with no overtaking but on a track like that, with no massive braking zones, it will never happen with the current cars. They pull 5g in braking the difference between a late and early braking point isn't a car length, so its not possible unless they make a mistake. Schui takes pressure pretty well too. Renault fucked up their strategy simple as that, Ferrari were lucky, well Bridgstone really!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #58
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
^^^^ Another one of the races where Alonso is using his brains he knew from the beginning that he would settle for second. I guess him pushing michael wasn't him trying to pass he was just to trying to pressurize him into making a mistake, which isn't very clever because its michael. He could have done an outrageouse manouvre and took himself and schumi out(which IMO is good thing from my perspective, Both McLaren's on the podium), but which woould you rather have 8 points or risk it all for ten.
using his brains, but a true race that thinks hes better would push for the win. how many times has MS done something risky to come out on top??

a true racer/champ doesnt settle for anything else then first, regardless of what they say at the end of the race!!

Originally Posted by Max Power
^^^
Alonso may have appeared to be pleased about his 2nd place...but in reality he's pissed cause he couldn't beat MS with twice the laps remaining that MS had last year...and prove to everyone how fantastic he thinks he is...
this is also very true!!

just hope Bridgestone works a little harder and that Ferrari make a better choice in tires next time!!
Fair enough alonso isn't a 'true racer' because he never setlled for the win, but think back to schumis championships, he won them when the cars aerodynimics allowed cars to follow one another very closley that is now very difficult with the current regs. Also if your saying schumi is a true racer then why is it at spa 04 when he was only a few seconds behing raikkonen did he settle for second, noting also that his result gave him his 7th title. So why didn't he win it with a win.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #59
mindgam3
Regular User

Alonso didn't need to win, its very early on in the championship and he's miles ahead
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #60
Max Power

what?...he's not miles ahead...if anything he's behind (ala Imola )...its Renault that are miles ahead