Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-28-2003, 03:15 PM   #46
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="Chingachgook"]Yes I know! But also the old one is called Nurburgring!

No. The old 20km circuit is called Nordschleife. The new F1 circuit is called Nurburgring. Peple use " 'Ring " also for the old circuit.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:31 PM   #47
lauriv
Regular User

My two cents go on Enzo/Schumi. Time has moved on a lot, the Enzo has better brakes and tires as standard. If you'd modify the F1, I suppose it'd be able to put up a good fight and maybe even win, but in stock condition it'll be beaten. Anyway, I love the Mac and I'd buy it if..., you know, if it wasn't that small issue with money
lauriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #48
maalox
Regular User

As much as I'd like for the Mac to win, it's competing with 10 years of technical advancement in the Enzo. Acceleratively it still wins (less weight) but on the track the Enzo's gearbox and carbon brakes would easily make up--and pass--the distance. The McLaren was never meant to be a true track machine; it was designed as the ultimate road car. It is certainly fast on a track, but the Enzo is a more focused machine in that regard. Still, I wish I knew how little time separated the two. Could be interesting...
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:31 AM   #49
Chingachgook
Regular User

The McLaren could be more technological, but Gordon Murray didn't want anything.
The big problem of the McLaren it's the aerodynamic. His body doesn't generate downforce, and in such a light car downforce is absolutely necessary to have grip in corners,especially when you have such a small front and rear track. Think a little about it...the Enzo is more powerful, but is capable to reach "only" 350 kmh, the McLaren has 627 bhp and with Andy Wallace menaged 391 kmh!!! So it's clear that it has been designed in order ti have low drag,but also less downforce
Old 09-02-2003, 11:31 PM   #50
robruf
Regular User

Yes, the Enzo would win, but not because of the driver, it is all due to the car. If you put Schue, Kimi, Montoya, and Coulthard all in the Enzo and let them loose on any track in the work sans Maranello, I bet that the times would be incredibly close. Another thing, what if Jeff Gordon was driving the Enzo, as last year at the World of Champions race he crushed Alonso, when he raced against him, I mean he humiliated him. Coulthard may be superior in a manual transmission than Schue, one never knows.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #51
twboy1999
Regular User

around the track ENZO would win for sure
straight line speed is about the same
but the corning ability of ENZO, and the way it handle, no one can compare to it, even the mighty Mclaren F1

and no one can drive better then Michael Schumacher around a track ,, he is freaking the KING of track,, u guys agree with u on that or what?? SCHUMACHER rules
twboy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:54 PM   #52
twboy1999
Regular User

straight line should be around teh same speed
because engine technology has involve alot since McF1 came out
twboy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 AM   #53
f0racer
Regular User

I have to say the Enzo Ferrari will win. Like many on this thread said: the Enzo is a better car with newer technology and Michael is faster. The Mclaren is outdated (but can still hold its own to a lot of other sports cars), ten years has past and in terms of automotive technology ten years can be a lifetime. In racing technology especially in Formula One (where a lot of the technology of the Enzo came from), it’s just a lost cause. If it was Enzo Ferrari vs. McLaren F1 LM, that a different story and a close race.
f0racer is offline   Reply With Quote