Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Default just started playing

just found this forum today.... and I thought id make the announcemeant that since my injuries prevent me from seeing teh real world outside... I started playing GT4 last monday. I am not on my 3rd endurance race, and its taking forever. I am very bored of watching the tv just do laps and laps and laps, so im gonna leave and go play some gothem racing game on a xbox 360 or something... im just rambling now and have noidea whats going on, but this man says its time to leave.. so bubye
Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Create a mini-me to do the endurance races for you...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

an easy way to get money/cars
once you have a little money, then just make it way faster then the competition, and put it on B-spec, push R2, then hold L2,and d-pad over to the right 2 times so the race runs at 3x normal speed.

make sure to do the driving missions, and all the licence tests... they will make you faster
Old 12-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

yeah ive been using the B spec mode for the endurance races. I have about 900,000credits... what car could I buy that would be the absolute fastest car to own. Ive been using a camaro race car for most of these events, it has about 900hp... but I dont think it will cut it for the iB endurance races. any recommendations? if I suped up my 69' GT40 would that work? or should I buy a pagandi zonda... etc.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
once you have a little money, then just make it way faster then the competition, and put it on B-spec, push R2, then hold L2,and d-pad over to the right 2 times so the race runs at 3x normal speed.

make sure to do the driving missions, and all the licence tests... they will make you faster
do you mean run the B-spec in level 5, to make the races go by faster? or do you mean, to actually speed up time?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by corpse_grinder0
yeah ive been using the B spec mode for the endurance races. I have about 900,000credits... what car could I buy that would be the absolute fastest car to own. Ive been using a camaro race car for most of these events, it has about 900hp... but I dont think it will cut it for the iB endurance races. any recommendations? if I suped up my 69' GT40 would that work? or should I buy a pagandi zonda... etc.

Originally Posted by nthfinity

do you mean run the B-spec in level 5, to make the races go by faster? or do you mean, to actually speed up time?
answer to your first question, enter endurance races with your 'maro, and just repeatedly win "200 miles of leguna seca" and use the hard compound race tires to limit your pit stops.

you win 200,000 credits, and a new 69' gt40... go back to your home, sell it, and you have almost 1,000,000 credits to use (the gt40 is worht 700,000 or so after doing that a few times, the Bendly Speed 8 race car is pretty good... then move to run the 24 hr. of Nurburgring with that car (i recomend modding it to ensure a win against the Group C cars)

to answer the second question...
no, it actually speeds up to 3x realtime... makes it much much faster to do those endurance races.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 AM   #6
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

ok, you can win the gt40 more than once? do you need to sell it first, than do the race again, or can you have two in your garage? and when I put it on B-spec, pushed R2, then held L2,and d-pad over to the right 2 times, it only put the pace to 5, instead of actually speeding up time....why wont it work for me :x
Old 12-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

hehe

you can own as many gt40's as you want, just clear the race when it askes if you want to or not

ill get the process down for you
1. Press R1 to get into a different screen
2. hold L1
3. press the d-pad right 2x
4. run at whatever rate you want 1-5
5. prolly want to leave on overtake... (triangle)

(sorry i goofed you soo much, i only use the wheel, and for some reason, i thought the paddle shift buttons were L2, and R2 respectively :idea:

the race will complete in like 30 minutes instead of hours
it also switches from the sped-up telemetry screen every time you enter the pits
Old 12-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

wow thats helps sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo much. thanks!

I also got the Minolta Toyota 88c-v race car... that helps alot.

ok as for the clearing of races... I was asked that option once... and said no, how do I do it again? I
Old 12-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
Minacious
Regular User

ok as for the clearing of races... I was asked that option once... and said no, how do I do it again? I
Just go back into the race and it will ask you again.

You better hope I don't come over with my Mem Card and own you in that game.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Just go back into the race and it will ask you again.

You better hope I don't come over with my Mem Card and own you in that game.
yeah I got it.. just had to actually try, and it asked me. But yeah come over I can use your cars aswell as your company ops: ops: ops:
Old 12-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

wow thats helps sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo much. thanks!

I also got the Minolta Toyota 88c-v race car... that helps alot.
no, how do I do it again? I
you are very welcome
i didnt find out about that option til much later, and by accident

when doing b-spec... the only thing i actually find fun is running on RSS for 3-4 laps on low fuel at the max (1-5 speed) for each corner... its pretty funny, cause even at "pushing" im faster when i drive the car myself on whatever fuel loads. in any case, at least during the race, i set myself up to run as fast as the computer can.

pushing X in the telemetry screen, you can see your fast lap time