Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 06-25-2003, 06:17 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default MODEL CLUB PROGRAMME 1

**** DOWNLOAD LINKS ****

http://www.jabbasworld.net/videos/Mo...gramme%201.zip
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:40 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Great, thanks! As soon as I'll have a spare 30 min today, I'll watch it, I'm curious!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #3
novass
Regular User

nice vid. i love toys, im still lost in my childhood.

i like the little steam boats. at one point someone says one of the boats can tow a boat with 2 people on it. wtf, that little thing?

the red f1 ferrari they show at the convention is incredible, i wouldnt ever drive it, id be too scared of breakin it.

the mini construction crew is amazing too. some of those models are too intricate for me, i like to build things and all that, but that shit would make me crazy.

the air show at the end was good. i like the jet planes and the stalls they were doing with the prop planes. the helis were cool too, i would hate to know how many they crashed before they could get that good at flyin em

thanks Jabba

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Ziploc
Regular User

done

however im not a fan of 2 part DLs cause i have to save them to hard drive to unzip them on piece vids are nive and easy because i can chioose to open and unzip instead of save and unzip

wow that show is indeed alot of fun to watch!
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

An interesting show! The boats feature wasn't so interesting, while the cars championships at the beginning were thrilling.
Planes and elicopter are impressing.. I had a pair or simple planes and to fly as you wish is very hard, especially if wind adds to the equation. Copter are even harder to control, with more channels!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
Johns
Regular User

this show is off da hook!! I like the R/C dirt cars..fast as shit I want to get one but they could be a pain to take car of :x the boats were kinda boring cus their slow the planes was the hot shit, I would get one anyday but, theres nowhere in my area to fly them w/out hittin a fuckin tree 8) also for a beginner it means alot of money to burn
thanks Jabb for this show, it kicked ass
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:45 PM   #7
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Holy shit :shock: I wonder what the acceleration of those dirt cars is. I was hoping they whould show 1/5th scale cars race.
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:40 PM   #8
FusionWave18
Regular User

Default Model Club

Nice to be away for a while and come on here and see all the new vids. Cept when u missed them lol. Damn i wanted to see that tomahawk. Anyway will review later. Thanxx JAbba
Old 06-25-2003, 11:01 PM   #9
maalox
Regular User

That show was actually really entertaining. It's fascinating what kind of detail those modellers can achieve in such small size. Also the fact that the power to weight ratios are way up on their full size counterparts must mean they're pretty difficult to handle.

I most enjoyed the RC car bit as well as the helicopters/jets at the end of the show. I'd love to have one of those to fool around with, although I'm sure I would crash it. The Ferrari F1 model was particularly amazing.

It should be interesting to see what else this show has to offer. It's neat as a one time thing, although I'm not sure I'd watch an entire series. Thanks.
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #10
666fast
Regular User

Here is my review of the new video.
I'm not sure what to expect, I've never watched a show on RC cars and the like. (I type my reviews as I watch them).
RC cars are insanely fun. I know it seems they are for little kids, but most kids can't afford the new and best stuff out there.
These things run into thousands upon thousands of dollars.
The club race track is damn cool. There is absolutely nothing like that here. That I know of anyway. I usually take mine to a bunch of jumps built by
a bunch of kids for their bikes. They work perfect for RC Monster Trucks.
the buggies you see racing at the beginning are very expensive. Some of them are $600 without radio gear and an engine. Then there
is the stuff needed for those as well. Batteries, glow plugs, fuel, etc.
These buggies can be damn fast too. They accelerate really quick. Soem of them even have three speed transmissions. Fastest I've seen out of a almost stock 1/8th scale buggy was about 70mph.
They get there in seconds.

Heh, RC Boats. I've always wanted one, but I haven't been able to convince myself to buy one. These also can be very fast.
Some of them will go 40MPH out of the box. The little tugboats and such would be kind of boring if you ask me. I want one that goes really fast.
Those little steam engines are pretty cool though.

The model show was pretty neat. Showed some cool cars. The 1/5th scale cars are crazy. Huge ventilated disc brakes and everything. Too bad they
are thousands of dollars. It would be fun to drive.
The construction vehicles were very cool I think. The bulldozer and dump trucks were cool. If I had a garden, it would be the way I'd move dirt around!
That is if I had the cash to buy these toys.
The little hill climb competition was funny. That poor little truck, heh, mine would go up it without a problem!

Some of the detail people go into these things with is insane. Very talented and patient people.

The airplanes are very cool. I wouldn't ever buy one simply because of their price. I would hate to plunk down all that cash
and crash the thing into the ground or a tree. Crazy stuff. I can't imagine how much these things cost.
The helicopter is also very cool. Heh, and again, I'd be afraid to fly it.
I wonder how fast some of these planes will go?

A very entertaining video. But it's definately not for everyone.
Thank you to Jabba for putting this up. I like the video, but I don't think there will be much demand for them. I'll continue to watch them if you keep putting them up though.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 AM   #11
Anonymous

A good friend of mine who also has a 935 Turbo by Ruf is a radio control nutcase. He has a couple of off shore racer boats with recoil start weed wacker engines in them, one has 3 of em the boat is BIG almost 5 feet long! goes super fast has trim tabs elevators all sorts of shit I want to borrow it and take the neighbors cat for a ride LMAO :shock: :shock: here kitty lets go for a lil boat ride LooL
Same guy also Builds and designs rc helecopters, I was at his house and he was blazing around INSIDE the house with a killer electric copter he made flying upside down doing all sorts of rad shit! He's currently the top rc pilot in the state and sold the patent for one of his heles for major bux recently. His name is Barron Guss maybe some of you guys heard of him.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:46 AM   #12
toprpm
Regular User

downloading now ....
toprpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #13
robruf
Regular User

Didn't see that request until a little while ago. I have now d/l'ed it but i have some stuff to do around the property, so I will post my review later on.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:00 PM   #14
robruf
Regular User

Model Club Review

1) Autos -- 1/8 model, I have never seen anything like this before, I am very impressed with the quality of the machines. The facility is quite remarkable for the model cars, alot of race tracks would like to have that type of a facility. These people take this stuff very seriously. The 3-4 seconds pitstops are great, let's see Ferrari and McLaren try to beat that this weekend, LOL. In the 4x4 final, they were going over a double jump, this is pretty cool, these people have great control over there cars and the cars are super tough

2) Boats -- These are insanely well done, they must take huge amounts of sacrifice and money to make these and have great engineering skills as well. This is alot harder to do that the cars, I would have to presume. One of the boats had a Canadian flag and there was a Canadian tugboat model as well, sweet.

3) Model Show -- 30,000 m2 and 45,000 people, that's huge. Those 1/5 models of the F1 cars must be super expensive. The construction machines are great as they actually work and do what a real machine would do, very realistic and fantastic. The boats are super expensive about 3,500 euros, WOW! But, you have to pay the price for that type of quality, especially for the submarines, or else you won't get it back, LOL. The Concorde and other examples are planes are quite exemplary. Then they go outside and fly the planes, upside down in the aerobatic planes and the tricks are insane, particularly where the guy holds the plane in place so that his buddy can grab it. The Robinson 22 helicopter flying are very well done and what can one say about the Jet Cat and the other jet planes, that was absolutely insane. I want one right now.

A very different but at the same time very good episode, something to broaden our horizons a little bit further.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:16 PM   #15
draak666
Regular User

I didn't download this one, 'cause I thought I wasn't interested in these miniature things anymore. But now that I read your reviews I feel nostalgia coming up. I remember I wanted all of these things so bad a few years ago. Definitely gonna d/l it next time.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote