Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 10-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
No.1
Regular User

Default evo 86 - Dec 05 discussion

Got my collectors edition copy on saturday.

Again, too busy to read it at the moment, but here is a few snippets

Driven

Ford Focus ST
Corvette Z06
'06 Impreza WRX
'06 Impreza WRX Sti UK
Saab 9-5 Aero
Toyota Celica GT
Peugeot 407 Coupe V6 diesel
Pontiac Solstice
Audi S4 Cabriolet
Jag X-Type 2.2d

Cover Stories

"World's Fastest" The Bugatti Veyron launch in Sicily....
"Gallardo Improved" The Lambo Gallardo SE
"1000bhp for pennies" Related to the Veyron story, includes Skylines and other Jap and american cars

Features

"Ferraris across China" The story of the two 612 Scagliettis as the do 15k miles around China
"130i M Sport vs. R32" Title says it all
"M3 Ring Project Car" Bovingdon finds out if his car will crack the 8:00min barrier at the 'Ring
"Marcos GT2 vs Sagaris"

Fastfleet

R300 and Jag S-Type R leave the evo fleet
New Golf GTi and Brabus Smart ForFour join
993 air-cooled Porsche from last months mag introduced to the fleet

And here's my cover

Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Arghh, can't wait to receive my issue
Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
inso
Regular User

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I used to get my Evos late in mail, and sent some email about it, and after that my mags have come in time.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
crayzayjay
Regular User

Good issue this month. Have already read it cover to cover

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
crayzayjay
Regular User

Little snippet from the Veyron article

... if a fully wound-up McLaren F1 went past a poised, stationary Veyron at 100mph and the Veyron driver gave it the gun as the F1 passed, the Bugatti would still reach 200mph just before the McLaren did.

:shock:

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #6
chest3r
Regular User

Oh man... I'm a bit late! I didn't even bought number 85 :roll:
Old 11-04-2005, 04:14 AM   #7
inso
Regular User

From evo-site:

Bugatti Veyron: the biggest power output, the highest top speed and the most enormous price tag of any road car yet seen. So what does the 1000bhp, two-ton, four-wheel-drive supercar feel like? Harry Metcalfe found out. Also this month, 130i M Sport v VW's R32; Gallardo SE, Marcos GT2 v TVR Sagaris and news that the 'Ring's lap record has been smashed by a Radical SR8.

014 Planet evo
Nissan's Skyline successor, the hard-nosed GTR, is shown at Tokyo, Audi shocks us with a chunky new TT, the Gallardo's V10 finds a new home under the nose of the Audi S8, Giugiaro unveils the Ferrari he designed for himself, and the Americans reveal their own 1050bhp supercar, the Shelby (no relation to Carroll). Also, Porter takes a look at those ha-ha-ha crazy French and their curious approach to driving. Mon dieu, cul-de-sacre bleu, etc

044 Driven
Ford Focus ST, Corvette Z0-6, '06 Subaru Impreza WRX, '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi UK, Saab 9-5 Aero, Toyota Celica GT, Peugeot 407 Coupe V6 diesel, Pontiac Solstice, Audi S4 Cabriolet, Jaguar X-Type 2.2d

073 Letters
Our Nurburgring guide has inspired one reader to make the trip, one feisty lady reckons we're going through a mid-life crisis, and John Simister is taken to task over his assertion that US petrol is inferior to what we get in Europe

080 World's fastest
Itt has been a long time coming and its gestation has been somewhat troubled, but the sensational Bugatti Veyron is finally here, with the biggest power output, the highest top speed and the most enormous price tag of any road car yet seen. So what does the 1000bhp, two-ton, four-wheel-drive supercar feel like? Harry Metcalfe eased himself behind its paddle-shift steering wheel, checked for rips in the space/time continuum and nailed it

094 1000bhp for pennies
You don't need £834,000 to feel the force of 1000bhp. Supercharged American muscle and turbocharged Japanese motors can get you there for a fraction of the cost, discovers Brett Fraser. Meanwhile, Martin Buckley fondly recalls 'The Beast', a 27-litre Merlin-engined coupe, and evo writers recall the most powerful cars they've driven and ridden in

104 Gallardo improved
Far away in another part of the world, Richard Meaden felt the earth move, but that's because he was wringing out the new Lamborghini Gallardo SE. With more power and shorter gearing it's harder and sharper. But is it any good? Only one of the best Lambos ever, he says

114 Ferraris across China
Richard Meaden joins a factory team attempting to drive a pair of Ferrari 612s 15,000 miles around China. It sounds like madness but the reality is, at times, more terrifying, awe-inspiring and extraordinary than you could imagine. Part
1: the mountains, starts on p114. Part 2 is next issue

124 130i M Sport v R32
Big six-cylinder engines lurk beneath the bonnets of the BMW 130i M Sport and VW Golf R32. With the help of some great A- and B-roads, a test track and a rolling road, John Barker discovers which is the best of the pair

132 M3 Ring Project Car
The moment of truth: Bovingdon's 'target eight-minutes' Nrburgring car tackles the track it was built to conquer. But only after the final component is installedÖ ringmeister Dirk Schoysman. Did they do it? You'll just have to read the story

140 Marcos GT2 v Sagaris
The new Marcos TSO GT2 takes on 'the establishment' in the wild shape of TVR's formidable Sagaris. With its 420bhp 5.7-litre Chevy V8, the handsome newcomer won't lack muscle. Jethro Bovingdon referees a battle of the British heavyweights

148 Long-term tests
Both the Caterham R300 and Jaguar S-type R have left us this month, though we're hoping to see the Jag again when it's fixed. On the up side, there are three newcomers - a Golf GTI, Brabus Smart Forfour and an air-cooled 911 purchased from petty cash. Plus, Meaden's Exige has had its first birthday, the Mustang has had its second service and the Monaro's tyres have had it

164 The Knowledge
It might not be in the listings, but we know a bargain when we see one, which is why we've bought a Mitsubishi 3000GT. Red, 1/32 scale

194 Best Day of My Life
Gordon Murray, Formula 1 designer and architect of the McLaren F1, remembers his most satisfying motorsport success. The story takes him back to his roots in South Africa and a car he built himself
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Err how about scanning inside the GallardoSE and Veyron stories :p

(i get evo one month later )
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #9
crayzayjay
Regular User

I would gladly do it but my scanner is absolute rubbish

Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #10
astonmartinandy
Regular User

I just love getting these 'collector's edition' front covers... i'm a sucker for marketing
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #11
5vz-fe
Regular User

M3 Ring Project !!!!!!!! woohooo Can't wait
Old 11-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #12
dingo
Regular User

Who is going to scan the articles for us, it seems TT is too busy to do it lately.....someone needs to step up to the plate (please).
Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Who is going to scan the articles for us, it seems TT is too busy to do it lately.....someone needs to step up to the plate (please).
Well, i have the issue obviously, but there is a problem with my scanner.

I spent £50 on it a few weeks ago, and it was DOA... i just have to take it back to get it replaced, but i haven't got anytime for it.

Let me see how i get on with the return etc...
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #14
crayzayjay
Regular User

In way of apology for late delivery of the November issue, evo has sent an 'exclusive print of the Bugatti Veyron, taken during this month's cover story in Sicily. This print has been produced solely for those of you who experienced this unfortunate delay in the mailing of last month's issue'.

Not bad. Would have been nicer if it was a CGT

Old 11-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #15
lorbmw69
Regular User

i'd love to read the article about the Ferrari's in China! I find it hard to believe that would be easy to do in a Ferrari! the roads are total crap especially outside the cities!

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote