Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
inso
Regular User

Default 1.7.05 Evo Magazine

World exclusive this month as the magazine compares the Zonda F, Porsche Carrera GT and the technology-laden Ferrari F430 - the three best supercars money can buy, tested high up in the Italian Dolomites on some quite extraordinary roads. Also this month: BBR's 160mph MINI, DB9 versus Vanquish S, Mazda's new MX-5 and all the usual regulars. On Sale now.

014 Planet evo
Lotus unveils its 'Circuit Car', an Elise-based successor to the track-oriented 340R; Ferrari announces the FXX, a very limited edition 800bhp hyper-Enzo; we get our first look at the Impreza's new face, and Porsche-modifier 9ff reveals the most radical 911 since Porsche's own GT1. Plus, the Nürburgring lap record on Gran Turismo 4 has been lowered again...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/

040 Driven
Lotus Sport Exige 240R, Porsche Carrera 4S, BMW M3 CS, Chrysler 300C SRT-8, Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Saab Sport Wagon Aero, SEAT Leon 2.0 TFSI, Citroën C1/107/Aygo, Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro, Fiat Stilo Schumacher GP, Lexus RX400h
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driven/

065 Letters
Insurance woes, bird strikes, praise for fair reporting and technical editor Jeff Daniels is taken to task over his explanation for high-profile tyres in Formula 1

070 Porsche Cayman
Poor man's 911, rich man's Boxster or a distinctly different new Porsche? We get up close and personal with the new Cayman coupe, on sale in the UK from November, and get our first on-road impressions durability-testing in South Africa

082 Supercar shoot-out
Which is the best supercar you can buy today? Is it Porsche's sublime V10 Carrera GT, Pagani's new 602bhp V12 Zonda F (driven here first in a world-wide exclusive), or could it possibly be a 'junior' supercar, the remarkable, technology-laden Ferrari F430? High up in the Italian Dolomites, on some quite extraordinary roads, Richard Meaden goes searching for the ultimate answer to the ultimate question. All you have to do is enjoy the ride

107 Complete Guide to the Nürburgring Nordschleife
All you need to know about The Nordschleife, the world's most demanding race/test-track-cum-toll-road - how to get there, where to stay, what to see, what to do and, of course, how to string a good lap together. Plus, we hitch a ride in an M5 with BMW Williams F1's rising star, Nick Heidfeld, and Jethro Bovingdon (who's never driven the circuit) sets out to build a car capable of an 8min lap

126 New Mazda MX-5
We finally get behind the wheel of the long-awaited, all-new MX-5... and, after a blast around Hawaii, discover that it's not quite what we were expecting

132 DB9 versus Vanquish S
A six-speed manual gearbox and chassis tweaks ought to make the effortlessly handsome but under-achieving DB9 much more desirable. Jethro Bovingdon discovers if he should cancel his order for a Vanquish S

150 BBR Mini Cooper S
If you dismiss all Minis as girls' cars, you'd better hope you never meet this one. It's got 307bhp, and it knows how to use it. We take Brodie Brittain Racing's turbocharged tearway out on the roads then off to the test track to find out precisely 'what she'll do'. How about 160mph...

158 Long-term tests
We say hello to an autographed Renault Mégane Trophy and farewell to the Brabus Smart Roadster, Meaden and Green venture to the Nürburgring in the Exige and Caterham, and Barker bonds with his Monaro at Donington
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fastfleet/

179 The Knowledge
Lies, damned lies and statistics. Or, as we prefer to describe it, The Knowledge: your indispensable guide to what's hot and what's grot

210 Best Day of My Life
Designer Ian Callum describes the tension and elation of the day the Aston Martin DB7 was unveiled at the Geneva motor show.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

This is something to look forward too - great issue!!

The CGT v Zonda F v F430 should be a classic read, DB9 v Vanquish will be interesting and the N'Ring guide should be a good reference.

Can't wait.....lets hope TT gets it early so the scans arrive.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
inso
Regular User

Yeah, looks a lot more interesting than the latest CAR magazine, there was Cayman and that´s about it. EVO rocks. New TG seamed a little boring too, great scans thou.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Not to brag or nothin... but i've had my copy for a week now.

Only i haven't read it as i still haven't finished last months. :roll: Exams and shit...

The 430 is surely going to be outclassed by such opposition, though.
The Aston comparison looks good, and the Nurburgring guide seems a bit like "well, everybody's talking about the 'ring at the moment, so why dont we..." but should be a good read nonetheless

In fact.... whilst it's such a nice day, i might go and finish off last months magazine. 27 deg celsius in my garden 8)
Old 07-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

In fact.... whilst it's such a nice day, i might go and finish off last months magazine. 27 deg celsius in my garden 8)
Stop showing off , here its been around 2 deg. C in the morning and I won't have a 'copy' of this mag for at least another week.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo

Stop showing off , here its been around 2 deg. C in the morning and I won't have a 'copy' of this mag for at least another week.
I'm sure you will post something around novermber... how it's 30 deg C there, and its miserable, rainy, shitty and cold over in the UK.

As for the magazine... well, our journalists are better
Old 07-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
That's awsome. Thanks.
All this info was gleaned from the evo website :arrow: www.evo.co.uk
Still... posting here allows some discussion to take place before TT's scans arrive

They also have articles posted there... not all of them, and most a month later than they appear in the magazine (for obvious reasons)
Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #8
davide
Regular User

crap.. have to buy that magazine now!
only cost 9 Euros here... that's quite alot but of course, cruising with a Carrera GT and Zonda F is something worth reading/watching...

nice
Old 07-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #9
1zippo1
Regular User

Plenty of good stuff to look forward to.

I don't think the 430 is really a competitor for the CGT though, still it will make for an interesting read.

The rest of the magazine seems to be filled to the brim. I wish they had also done a real test of the Cayman S and maybe compare it with some rivals.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #10
inso
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
That's awsome. Thanks.
All this info was gleaned from the evo website :arrow: www.evo.co.uk
Still... posting here allows some discussion to take place before TT's scans arrive

They also have articles posted there... not all of them, and most a month later than they appear in the magazine (for obvious reasons)
Of course this info was from the EVO-site, also the links to articles (Driven, news and garage) are from the site