Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #46
saadie
Regular User

^^^
Originally Posted by Tege
No offence but 1.46 is really slow... that's with GTI at
Blackwood, right? You need some practise
it was actually a GT turbo ... ell dot wory im improving ... last night i got a 1:40 :roll: ...

Originally Posted by RC45
Honestly... is this LFS really that good?
is there anything better .... :roll:

ohh and RC .. its not about how fake the game is ... its about how much you enjoy it ......
Old 06-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #47
saadie
Regular User

wtf :roll: this is the second post i cant delete
Old 06-17-2005, 10:41 PM   #48
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
Originally Posted by RC45
Honestly... is this LFS really that good?
is there anything better .... :roll:
Sure there is. LFS is a solid ONLINE DRIVING SIMULATOR, thats about it. Physics are good but far from top stuff, cars are fictional, tracks are fictional, graphics are far from special...its just a different type of sim Its something you go to fix when you dont want to race AI, but I really dont see my self lapping in LFS offline, it just doesnt have anything going for it in the offline mode.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #49
saadie
Regular User

is there anything better ....
really ..... i really cant think of anyhting better ....
LFS is a driving simulator and its works pritty good imo .....
its fun .... and thats what matters more then it being worse then any other game ..
Old 06-18-2005, 12:59 AM   #50
RC45
Regular User

^^ GTR is great fun offline for me... haven't bothered with the online.

GT4 is really fun - if only because the Logitech DFP adds a lot.

Come to think of it, every thing I tried with the DFP has felt "funner".

LFS1 left me with a bad taste - it was almost as if the it was too simulated... and that is what lost some of the fun for me - because when I tried to anticipate what the car would do, I found myslef not having mastered the nuances of the controller in their engine yet - that's all.

And with so many sims and driving games out there - you can't really run em all - maybe one day...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #51
saadie
Regular User

well .... im gonna buy GTR .... hope its still in the market ... :roll:
RC u are somehow or the other right about LFS .... it looks like a simulator but its not a simulator .. its just another game ... i just realised this wile messing with the settings ..... :roll:

And with so many sims and driving games out there - you can't really run em all - maybe one day...
yeah ... but who need all of em ... i just need a couple of good ones

btw ... when u but the PS3 send me yer old PS2
Old 06-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #52
Tege
Regular User

LFS is more simulator that any other game. Think about it there isn't much game in LFS. No career mode or anything like it. It's just pure simulation of racing and driving. No other game does that better. About physics there's more stuff simulated in than maybe in any other game and it's only (almost) 2/3 done. So what if there's no proper offline. You can't ever make AI's drive like humans atleast not in a long time.

And for people who rate the game playing it on other controller than a good force feedback wheel. Come on could you drive a car with keyboard or on gamepad?

I know LFS S1 has it's problems but it still used to a lot of fun. Most physics stuff are corrected in S2. I've been "with" LFS from the beginning and now I'm "closer" to it than ever.

This maybe sounded like I don't know any other game than LFS. I've been playing driving games since GP1 and have tried all the other good games in the market now but never had more fun in other games.
Tege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #53
topgeartom
Regular User

LFS is more simulator that any other game. Think about it there isn't much game in LFS. No career mode or anything like it. It's just pure simulation of racing and driving. No other game does that better. About physics there's more stuff simulated in than maybe in any other game and it's only (almost) 2/3 done. So what if there's no proper offline. You can't ever make AI's drive like humans atleast not in a long time.

And for people who rate the game playing it on other controller than a good force feedback wheel. Come on could you drive a car with keyboard or on gamepad?

I know LFS S1 has it's problems but it still used to a lot of fun. Most physics stuff are corrected in S2. I've been "with" LFS from the beginning and now I'm "closer" to it than ever.

This maybe sounded like I don't know any other game than LFS. I've been playing driving games since GP1 and have tried all the other good games in the market now but never had more fun in other games.
A-MEN to that
Old 06-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #54
SFDMALEX
Regular User

It's just pure simulation of racing and driving. No other game does that better. About physics there's more stuff simulated in than maybe in any other game.
No its not
Old 06-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #55
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
It's just pure simulation of racing and driving. No other game does that better. About physics there's more stuff simulated in than maybe in any other game.
No its not
it is made in such a way that its looks like a 'true simulator' .... and its not a pure simulation, its just a game ..........
how aboout areodynamics ... is that also included in the game ... and just check out the tire wear .... even F1 wheels from couple of years back would do better
saadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #56
Tege
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
No its not
it is made in such a way that its looks like a 'true simulator' .... and its not a pure simulation, its just a game ..........
how aboout areodynamics ... is that also included in the game ... and just check out the tire wear .... even F1 wheels from couple of years back would do better
Yes it has aerodynamics... drag and downforce... you can slipstream. Aerodynamics aren't really complex yet, though. What's wrong with tyre wear?
Tege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #57
saadie
Regular User

k ... sry fer the late post ... but it dont have aerodynamics ..... welll atlast they dont work fer me ..... and the best thing of all ... the AI drivers are do damn intelligent .. tht they can go anywhere except fer my ass ... htey just come and bag yer spinning ...... the inteligence is crap .... the main thing in a simulation is artificial intelligence .... and the tye wear is not all tht much realistic ...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #58
RC45
Regular User

.. tht they can go anywhere except fer my ass ...
Hhmmm - I don't think you meant to post this here..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #59
saadie
Regular User

lol .. k .. my car's ass ....
really .... they got no AI atall .... the jsut bang into yer cars arse and u spin arround .. tht pisses me off .... lol ..... sometimes i think this game is made by gays .... but oh welll ...
Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #60
SFDMALEX
Regular User

k ... sry fer the late post ... but it dont have aerodynamics ..... welll atlast they dont work fer me ..... and the best thing of all ... the AI drivers are do damn intelligent .. tht they can go anywhere except fer my ass ... htey just come and bag yer spinning ...... the inteligence is crap .... the main thing in a simulation is artificial intelligence .... and the tye wear is not all tht much realistic ...

Ahh in this day and age no earo in simulation is a joke. LFS does have aro simulation and yeah the tire model aint all that great either.

And the main thing in a simulation is simulating the car physics and not AI AI will never behave like humans, its forever going to stay that way, everythihng will move forward except the AI.