Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #1
bobafett
Regular User

Default Carrera GT - opinions

Saw Noel Li's car this weekend. Honestly, i thought it looked like a boxster from the front. His color scheme was bad (red over this dark dark brown interior), and the shifter is a bit odd. The interior is so-so, and that engine cover looks like plastic. The rear end looks cool.

I then saw a silver one @ PA Concourse later (because of the concourse, many hot cars were on the road - my favorite was of course the 250 GT California (SWB)) - better in silver/black, but same problem. Silver hides the silly rear grill problem (much like black does on the rear of the murcies).

David Wong, one of Noel's employee's (who tools around in all of his 50+ cars), told me that driving the car is a fucking bitch. He said that the clutch is literally an on/off switch with no progressive feel (4 plate carbon clutch, he said), and that overall the car was not as "sorted out" as they had thought.

Once Noel is done with his show stuff, I will have a chance to drive it. Until then, I can only go by what people say.

--Dan