Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 04-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #16
adamwich
Regular User

I love it
Old 04-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #17
oscargarza88
Regular User

i like it, the exterior is different which i like but not too different, and i got on one in the houston auto show and to tell u the truth there was nothing really special in the inside, it seemed pretty normal for a porsche, and i think my dad is gonna buy the v6 one
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:48 PM   #18
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The Cayenne should not be even called a Porsche. I think it may be "ok" for a sports car manufacturer to make a sport "utility" vehicle. The problem with cayenne is that it's a mass-market item. The SUV is designed to be a transport for a sport's player's wife's trip to local market. I mean, look at the Lambo LM002. It was a totally extreme machine stricktly for off road, ugly to behold-not in cayenne's near estrogen injected way. And also, only 300 or so were ever produced, over six years. And it ran in Paris-Dakar Rally, employed in army purposes,... but Cayenne is ...nothing right now...it's the new champion of the footballer's wife's dream car (so to speak), over the Lexus RX
Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #19
spitfire6000
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
The Cayenne should not be even called a Porsche. I think it may be "ok" for a sports car manufacturer to make a sport "utility" vehicle. The problem with cayenne is that it's a mass-market item. The SUV is designed to be a transport for a sport's player's wife's trip to local market. I mean, look at the Lambo LM002. It was a totally extreme machine stricktly for off road, ugly to behold-not in cayenne's near estrogen injected way. And also, only 300 or so were ever produced, over six years. And it ran in Paris-Dakar Rally, employed in army purposes,... but Cayenne is ...nothing right now...it's the new champion of the footballer's wife's dream car (so to speak), over the Lexus RX
How does that make any sense? At which point did god come down and tell you that suvs are made for sports players wives? From your example i can say that the murcielago is a car for 20 year old girls just because the hilton sisters and all of their friends drive one as a primary car. And i can say the same thing about corvettes as being designed as a car for a middle aged man going through mid-life crisis.

Just because some wemen drive the cayenne, it doesnt make it any less manly than any other porche.

Yes the cayenne has an auto tranny, but its an optional feature for every other porsche except the highend models
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #20
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I love the Cayenne, I think its the best SUV available, and on top of that it's a Porsche!!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:36 PM   #21
schnell318
Regular User

Spitfire6000:
You said thereĀ“s a Top Gear Episode where they test it both off road and on track... am i missing something here, in the one i have, they do not take it to the track.
Did you just mean on road?
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #22
HeilSvenska
Regular User

At which point did god come down and tell you that suvs are made for sports players wives? From your example i can say that the murcielago is a car for 20 year old girls just because the hilton sisters and all of their friends drive one as a primary car. And i can say the same thing about corvettes as being designed as a car for a middle aged man going through mid-life crisis.
There you go. Murcielago IS a bling-bling car along with any other Mercedeses and Corvette IS a car favored by a middle aged old man and Porsche Cayenne and Lexuses ARE favored by rich people's wives.

I'm not saying that Cayenne is a car exclusively made for rich wives. All I'm saying is that Porsche image has been damaged by rich wives who happen to buy Cayennes.

It's just that I really don't know Cayenne's purpose on earth. Unless Porsche wants to be a known as a brand that makes 4-door cars. Then it would be Porsche's ultimate undoing and its damaged image will be completely whored out and people wouldn't respect Porsche anymore as a sports car company, and not even 911 could save the Porsche that gets more profit from saloon and SUV than 911 and Boxter...I think
Old 04-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #23
spitfire6000
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
It's just that I really don't know Cayenne's purpose on earth. Unless Porsche wants to be a known as a brand that makes 4-door cars. Then it would be Porsche's ultimate undoing and its damaged image will be completely whored out and people wouldn't respect Porsche anymore as a sports car company, and not even 911 could save the Porsche that gets more profit from saloon and SUV than 911 and Boxter...I think
I think i know where youre coming from here. Well only thing i know up to this point is that the cayenne was in fact made to boost porsche sales, seeing how the suv market is far larger than the sports car market.

Honestly, i dont remember where, but i remember reading that they were making the cayenne as a means of safety because lets be honest here...porsche isnt exactly bmw, who can survive on the sales of the 3 series alone.
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:35 AM   #24
normy360
Regular User

I agree with Crazidude that the Cayenne's looks leave much to be desired. I've driven it and dynamically it is probably the best handling SUV on the market. Porsche had the chance to build the BEST SUV, but blew the styling. To me, it looks like a bubble. It lacks aggression and eye appeal. The interior is nice, but I think the seats could be more comfortable. After test driving it, I opted to purchase an '04 Range Rover as my daily driver.

For those who think Porsche sold their soul to produce this car: Porsche has been a small player in the car world, and has been subject to the ups and downs of economies. In the late 80's/early 90's, Porsche almost went out of existance. They had to expand their market away from pure sports cars to gain stability for their company. Porsche fans (and I can say this because I used to own a 993 Carrera S) have been notoriously tradition bound and unwilling to change. In the 60's they said it was sacrilege to bring out the 911, that the 356 was the only "true" Porsche. Then they lambasted the water-cooled 924/944/928's because the only "true" Porsche is air cooled and rear-engined. They did the same to the 996. And now they're doing it to the Cayenne. :roll: Sigh..... So, despite my first paragraph disparaging the ugly Cayenne, I think Porsche did the right thing. Hopefully with the second generation we will get the world-class beautiful to behold Cayenne that should have been built in the first place.
normy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:08 PM   #25
jakan714
Regular User

its not mouthwatering as Tiff would say... i regret to say... technically impressive.
Yet sth. is missing... looks? Well it looks pretty much OK....
i dont know what that is....
jakan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:20 PM   #26
5.7 V10
Regular User

I love the Cayenne. S or Turbo. It's looks awesome, appears to be well built, no slouch in speed. I love it, would be in my dream car garage.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #27
meetmeroundthecorner
Regular User

Visually the Cayenne does nothing for me, but once your inside and it gets going, it is fantastic. It comes down to preference, but i'd rather have the cayenne turbo to break away from the normal BMW X5 and Range Rover gang!!! Its more of a status thing.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:58 AM   #28
amanthapar
Regular User

if i had to buy a suv/jeep it would be the cayenne turbo no doubt..
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:14 AM   #29
fedezyl

hate it because of the lights and huge bulky exterior but interior is nice and comfortable (ive been there)
Old 05-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

after learning about its track abilities, it seems more appealing to me. i love the front facia on the Turbo model, but beyond that its styling doesnt seem so great. i love this car, and would defend it versus other lux. SUV's .... would i buy it?

not now, as i am financially limited to a poor college student......

but if i already had my sports car... id definately would want one as a daily driver... perhaps id take it to a track day to astound people here and there lol