Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Nissan 350Z
subzero 6 10.34%
cool 34 58.62%
uncool 12 20.69%
seriously uncool 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Nissan 350Z

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

I think the 350Z is pretty cool. Decent rwd sportscar performance without paying Porsche bucks.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
a cheap imitation of other cars. pretty uncool in every way.
I beg to differ. Definetely not an imitiation and being "cheap" doesn't have to be bad. Most people can't afford Ferraris and Porshes. And come on everso at least it's a proper rwd car with a powerful V6. isn't that what sportscars are all about?
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
TNT
Regular User

I have to say subzero, mainly because, name a car that sounds that good, a car that can run with the big boys for under 35K. And it looks great. one of the best all around cars that can upset a lot of cars that cost way more.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
MIHALS
Regular User

not SZ, there are a "BIGGER" cars, but definitelly cool! I like the shape, sound and everytime I see it on the road, I have to turn around
I wouldn't mind to have one in my garage 8)

edit: who is this 350 tuned by TT? know? looks great with those wheels and spoiler
Old 02-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
SnakeBitten
Regular User

a cheap imitation of other cars. pretty uncool in every way.
Not surprised to hear that from an Audi TT owner...Seems like you guys have alot of animosity towards Z's....Dont know why....The Z is a real sports car. Its unique. Look at it and theres no question its a Z..Stock to stock you know what it will do to your TT...

The Z has gone toe to toe with the M3 on different tracks and beaten it a few times..Its also beaten the S2000 on a few tracks. Cant do that if you are a cheap imitation.

"Uncool in every way"????Bwaaahaaahaaa :roll:
Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
taygunho
Regular User

I think all of 350z versions(z tune stune) is uncool. I don't like this car.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
ae86_16v
Regular User

:good: to Carlos Ghosn for bringing back an icon!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
SnakeBitten
Regular User

the Z was designed by a guy named Ajay. yknow what he drove himself while he was designing the Z? a TT i have no animosity towards the Z. i've driven a few....even before i had the TT (when i was shopping for a car) and wasn't impressed that much.....that's all

i've also raced against 350Zs in autocross and on the track, and all i can say is: don't believe everything you see on Best Motoring.

I agree its not the be all of sportscars but to say its uncool in everyway? No animosity towards the Z? lol.. I guess you are thinking it looks like your TT when you say its an imitation...Park em next to each other and see which one gets more looks.....Im certainly not overly impressed with its power or handling but its a very capable car that will mix it up with the best of them in its class....As for you on track and autocross, remember thats more to do with driver than anything else. Ive also read how good the Z is in those venues from other racers. I guess those guys are delusional huh...I guess MotorTrend is wrong as well as the Z beat both the M3 and S2000 on the same track the same day same driver if memory serves. Only car that beat it was a 405hp Z06...I respect racers opinions but yours is plainly bias...BTW did you race them in your TT???Got pics...Would like to see the killer BTW dont get it twisted...This aint a call out...Im strictly a poser I love the TT..Had a few friends with them and hooked up...Sweet cars...
Old 02-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
irrational_i
Regular User

Uncool. It looks bling and cheap to me. Seen a few on the road and everytime I think its another poser that do not know whats out there.
Just what I feel, doesn't mean it is so.
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
Zot09
Regular User

Deffinitly "cool." Nice power, nice design, and BEAUTIFUL exhaust note all for under 35k. But for the price, i'd rather get it's cousin, the G35.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
sentra_dude

Wow, seems like a number of people have it out for the Z...I'm certainly not a huge fan of it, but how can an affordable, RWD sports-car be uncool or seriously uncool to a bunch of car nuts?

Its cool, the looks may not be as good as they could be and it may not be the purest sports car, but its a hell of a lot better than a TT...

Originally Posted by bmw06m6
Seriously Uncool, not to mention the fact that it is really a Datsun, it is just another two-seater in an already ungodly overcrowded market, the looks of it seem strangely familiar to Porsche, strange never thought the Japanese would copy Euro-Boxes?

It is not a good car overall, doesn't drive particularly well, cheap interior, rather loud, ugly, terrible performance, etc. compared to other two-seaters, being that it costs nearly the same as better competitors you’d be nuts to buy one … Z4, SLK and Boxster which have much more prominent badges the choice is obvious, plus IT’S A DATSUN! :roll:

SnakeBite you have to keep in mind the TT has been out for quite sometime, which has OWNED the roadster market for a long time, people are board with it, and the new one isn't really that pretty.

In terms of performance, my straight six 3 liter BMW Z4 beat three 350z at the track last summer, each had there butts handed to them one after another, do you think I got lucky?
Why does it matter that its a Datsun? Are you that obsessed with badges...? :roll:

How is it not a good car overall, I seem to remember it winning at least one Car of the Year Award here in America. Its fun to drive, it may have a cheap interior, but then again the base model is $27K, and that is a good price.

How does it have terrible performance? It may be a little on the heavy side, but its got a torquey V6 and 300hp means 0-60 in under 6sec, definitely not terrible.

Are you blind, how does it cost the same as a Z4? Base model 350Z, which gets the same engine as top model, is $27K, to get a Z4 with the big engine, that's a base price of nearly $42K...and a Boxster starts at $45K, and only goes way up from there.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #13
noliebro
Regular User

its a decent car, but it is far too bland to be cool. uncool for me.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Too many of these around...especially with fart pipes, so, uncool. Oh yes, it looks fat too.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:25 AM   #15
r2r
Regular User

I can't belive that two people voted the 350z as subzero, I don't think those two people really understands what subzero is.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote