Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-13-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
DeMoN
Regular User

I would choose the Z4. You cant compare the class a European car has with an American. Even though corvette is one of the few american cars I "like"
Old 01-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #17
Ivanhoe
Regular User

the z4 came last in ecoty... just a pointer
Old 01-13-2004, 09:20 PM   #18
godspeed06
Regular User

yea, the C6 is with like .1 inches off of the 911, and it lost weight. i'd get the vette it will totally rape a Z4 on the track hands down. plus, the ergonomics of the C6 are probably different from that of a C5 so you have to sit in the C6 to be sure. i'd get the C6 without thinking twice.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #19
Copso
Regular User

For starters, the Z4 and the new C6 are not cars that compete in the same class. The Z4 is german-desingned (not built, they make it in the USA) and its a very nice roadster and a competent sportscar, but it's performance has nothing to do compared to the new C6.

On the other hand, we have yet to see on how the C6 handles and behaves in general... For my personal way of driving and lifestyle, I'd take the Z4 over the old C5.

Having said that, if the new C6 has the same or more power than the C5 plus improved handling and finesse, added to a new rich-looking and quality-made interior, maybe I myself would take a new C6 over the Z4...

In any case we will have to wait untill september or october to make an objective comparison, since is until the when it will finally be available to the public.

"I disagree to Voltaire's idea about the right of every single person to express anything... There are certain opinions that should be censored out of sheer stupidity" ----> Fernando Savater
Copso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #20
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by twboy1999
i personally hate american made car,, they just pure suck,, the only ones i like is Ford Gt and now the C6
i think it looks great exteriro, but the interior is still shitty box

but i think the performance shold be great

btw, did c6 gain weight?
Well considering that, technically, both are built in the U.S.A., one in Kentucky the other Alabama I believe, that's not the strongest argument... I know you mean that the Z4 was designed in Germany but you shouldn't say something is crap just because it is built in America, many so called foreign cars (to Americans) are built in America and they have very high quality (certain Hondas and Toyotas).

Personally, I am usually one to go with the European offering, but in this case I would pick the C6. The Z3 was notorious for its horrid handling, and I don't think they have completely ironed that out of the Z4. It has a good engine but other than that it doesn't have many redeeming aspects IMO. It's ugly, overpriced, the Z3 had sub-par reliability, and it's not all that fast in comparison to the C6.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:17 AM   #21
yg60m
Regular User

For starters, the Z4 and the new C6 are not cars that compete in the same class. maybe the Z4 is german and its a nice roadster, but it's performance has nothing to do compared to the new C6.

On the other hand, we have yet to see on how the C6 handles and behaves in general... For my personal way of driving and lifestyle, I'd take the Z4 over the old C5.

Having said that, if the new C6 has the same or more power than the C5 plus improved handling and finesse, added to a new rich-looking and quality-made interior, maybe I myself would take a new C6 over the Z4...

In any case we will have to wait untill september or october to make an objective comparison, since is until the when it will finally be available to the public.
I agree they are not in the same catogory except the price in Dubai.
The C6 performs certainly (much) better than the Z4 as it's lighter and more powerfull than the C5 that already outperforms the Z4. I think it will have good roadholding to compete with recent european realisations and the C5 wasn't that bad even when tested by european magazines (the americans were pretty eulogistics on the C5, especially the Z06 wich won several comparative tests).
Despite all this i would choose the Z4 because it's a BMW and because i like the design.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:03 AM   #22
WhiteP
Regular User

Corvette cos I hate BMW especially the new design
WhiteP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

This is a funny comparison.

No really - funny.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #24
callen
Regular User

Is there any question?!?

Old 01-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #25
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

I think that the Z4 after 10 years will remain a BMW...but the Corvette by that time will be the same as all other US cars...

In the long-term its important to focus on quality...(I think!)...may be I'm wrong!

The same as the 156 GTA and the BMW 325i for example(almost the same comparison)...sometimes the look dominates!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:05 PM   #26
graywolf624
Regular User

"I think that the Z4 after 10 years will remain a BMW...but the Corvette by that time will be the same as all other US cars... "

50 years of history say your wrong.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:10 PM   #27
HeilSvenska
Regular User

We'll have to wait for the new M roadster to really make this comparison (although it would be pointless) I would opt for the C6 not only because I would look more manly in it than in Z4. Z3 & hairdresser anyone?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #28
graywolf624
Regular User

I thought they weren't making another m roadster?
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:27 PM   #29
godspeed06
Regular User

I think that the Z4 after 10 years will remain a BMW...but the Corvette by that time will be the same as all other US cars...
that is just pure ignorance so i'll let you slide without completely flaming your ass. the corvette has more heritage than just about any car and has a bigger following than just about any car. the corvette owners buying loyalty is one of the best in the industry.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
that is just pure ignorance so i'll let you slide without completely flaming your ass. the corvette has more heritage than just about any car and has a bigger following than just about any car. the corvette owners buying loyalty is one of the best in the industry.
Thank you.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote