Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 02-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Vansquish
Regular User

Default Winter vacation in Colorado..

I'm off for the next week or thereabouts to ski with my brother and dad in Colorado (Breckenridge/Keystone/Copper Mtn./A-basin area generally). If anybody is out there send me a PM, I'll try and log in a couple times while I'm away.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

COlorado!! im soo jelous!! i wanna go!!
going skiin or snowboarding? i recomend snowboard... much fun!! but hard to learnkinda... u will have many falls but the second and 4rd day will b fun!!
well ahve fun and tell us how u did when u get back!
b safe!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

Enjoy it Vansquish and have a great time

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
taygunho
Regular User

Have a good time!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

I just got a bunch of new ski-gear for X-mas, so I'll probably be skiing this year. I've tried snowboarding a few times and I have to admit it's a hell of a lot of fun, just a bit hard on the arse hehe. At any rate, the snow's a bit...well...interesting at the moment. Up until this week my dad says it's been snowing about 8-10 inches per week, this week the temp's been above 50F at the bottom of the slope so the snow's been melting at the bottom, but still a bit icy at the top. I guess I just have to work on really using my edges. Anyway, if anyone's out here, shoot me a PM I'd be happy to meet up and ski/board a bit.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 02-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #6
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
I just got a bunch of new ski-gear for X-mas, so I'll probably be skiing this year. I've tried snowboarding a few times and I have to admit it's a hell of a lot of fun, just a bit hard on the arse hehe. At any rate, the snow's a bit...well...interesting at the moment. Up until this week my dad says it's been snowing about 8-10 inches per week, this week the temp's been above 50F at the bottom of the slope so the snow's been melting at the bottom, but still a bit icy at the top. I guess I just have to work on really using my edges. Anyway, if anyone's out here, shoot me a PM I'd be happy to meet up and ski/board a bit.
I'll be up at Keystone skiing on March 5th and 6th. Snow this year is the best it's been for the last 5 years or so. I would assume that you're flying into Denver International? Even if you're driving out...quick tip...buy your lift tickets at a local supermarker in Denver (albertsons...safeway) and you'll save about $20 per ticket over what you'd be paying if you buy them at the resort in the mountains.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything else I can help yoiu with.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:11 AM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

Have fun on the slopes , can't wait to be on the skis myself .......
if you have time, make some photos of the place, the landscape,...

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Originally Posted by Vansquish
I'll be up at Keystone skiing on March 5th and 6th. Snow this year is the best it's been for the last 5 years or so. I would assume that you're flying into Denver International? Even if you're driving out...quick tip...buy your lift tickets at a local supermarker in Denver (albertsons...safeway) and you'll save about $20 per ticket over what you'd be paying if you buy them at the resort in the mountains.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything else I can help yoiu with.
Actually the supermarkets are a good way to go, but not necessarily the best. The best way to go is to buy a season pass to the 5-areas (Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Vail, and Beaver Creek) for $349 for the season. In essence, that works out to 5 days at full price, definitely an excellent way to go. In addition to the season pass, you get privelages to buy cheaper tickets for other people as well. My dad has one and with these privelages, bought tickets for my brother and I at Keystone for $35 apiece, that's 1/2 price! At any rate, I'll be in the Dillon area until this coming Saturday, so it looks like we'll just miss each other. Anyway, enjoy your trip and I'll try and take some pics and perhaps some video as well.