Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 02-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #91
TT
Regular User

merged
Old 02-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #92
kjekki
Regular User

this car has definatly grown on me. looks stunning imo
the back is so great, maybe it is against the "rules" with single lamps, but i really like it, the back reminds me of the 8C concept. and the things behind the windows is really cool..
think this will be a worthy sucsessor to the 575 in all ways... though the 575 is one of the most beutiful cars of all times...
kjekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #93
tom333
Regular User

"against the rules"?!?!?!? All the classic ferraris had single circular tailights!

Hey all you idiots! Quit saying, "uh... i guess the looks have grown on me, except a, b,c, etc. Shut up!!!! WE dont care! this forum is for those who like the 599!! (...and for people who like to get rowdy!)

Has anyone seen the 0-60 time for the new 911 (997) turbo 3.4 seconds!!!! Not kidding. Lets hope the 599 gtb's extra 100 and something horsepower takes it beyond what any of us expect.
tom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #94
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by tom333
Has anyone seen the 0-60 time for the new 911 (997) turbo 3.4 seconds!!!! Not kidding.
That's impossible!!! I read 3,9 secs.... and that might be true, but never 3,4 sec
Old 02-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #95
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

"against the rules"?!?!?!? All the classic ferraris had single circular tailights!

Hey all you idiots! Quit saying, "uh... i guess the looks have grown on me, except a, b,c, etc. Shut up!!!! WE dont care! this forum is for those who like the 599!! (...and for people who like to get rowdy!)

Has anyone seen the 0-60 time for the new 911 (997) turbo 3.4 seconds!!!! Not kidding. Lets hope the 599 gtb's extra 100 and something horsepower takes it beyond what any of us expect.
....dude I think you're being a bit harsh, people are entitled to their own opinion and are allowed to express it here and in every corner of JW, so let it go, what's the fun in everyone agreeing it's perfect anyways?and just a side note....I'm sure you don't mean it in a bad way, but it's the second time you call peolpe stupid/idiots in this thread.

3.4 sounds a bit optimistic, as ches3er said 3.9 sounds more accurate, but the 997 turbo is not competing against the 599 anyways, the 430 is.

About the 599, I have to say that with these new real pics, my doubts about the rear have vanished, I now think the rear looks amazing, the single tailights setup looks good and just right for this car. The new wheels are 100 times better than those crappy ass star shaped ones. Everything on this car is turning out great IMO, the only thing I'm having a hard time accepting is the hard edged hump on the bonnet which I think doesn't flow with the curves of the rest of the car.

With every new Ferrari, convtoversy comes along. It took some time for me to comprehend the styling cues of the Enzo and the F430, first I thought were horrible, and that Pininfarina & Ferrari had gone bezerk, but in time, and with better pics, you really learn appreciate their beauty.

I can hardly wait for a real review...and I will wait eagerly until The Stig gets his hands on it

oh and since we are talking about the single tailights...what Ferrari was the first to feature double tailights?

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:02 AM   #96
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!

oh and since we are talking about the single tailights...what Ferrari was the first to feature double tailights?

Good question. Anybody?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:22 AM   #97
nthfinity
Regular User

3.4 sounds a bit optimistic, as ches3er said 3.9 sounds more accurate, but the 997 turbo is not competing against the 599 anyways, the 430 is.
3.5 seconds is the said 0-100kph sprint in 'over-boost' which is 10 seconds of an additional .2 bar of pressure making an additional 60 ft. lbs. of torque, and something like 30 more hp....

i do agree that turbos' competition isnt the 599 GTB... but niether is the F430, mind you... that is GT3's stomping grounds.... if hte 997 turbo happens to be faster then the Ferrari F430, that is just an added bonus (im talking about round a track mostly)... and we already know the Turbo will be a daily driver in many folks hands... and more capable at it.

so what's the reason to get the F430 again??? oh, yeah... its a Ferrari. meh... i'd shoot for the FGT
Old 02-16-2006, 03:31 AM   #98
admcewen
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!

....dude I think you're being a bit harsh, people are entitled to their own opinion and are allowed to express it here and in every corner of JW, so let it go, what's the fun in everyone agreeing it's perfect anyways?and just a side note....I'm sure you don't mean it in a bad way, but it's the second time you call peolpe stupid/idiots in this thread.

About the 599, I have to say that with these new real pics, my doubts about the rear have vanished, I now think the rear looks amazing, the single tailights setup looks good and just right for this car. The new wheels are 100 times better than those crappy ass star shaped ones. Everything on this car is turning out great IMO, the only thing I'm having a hard time accepting is the hard edged hump on the bonnet which I think doesn't flow with the curves of the rest of the car.

With every new Ferrari, convtoversy comes along. It took some time for me to comprehend the styling cues of the Enzo and the F430, first I thought were horrible, and that Pininfarina & Ferrari had gone bezerk, but in time, and with better pics, you really learn appreciate their beauty.

I can hardly wait for a real review...and I will wait eagerly until The Stig gets his hands on it

Hi new to this thread I believe the first with two lights was the 365GTB/4 or if you count it as a Fezza, the Dino. By the way I think the 599 is great its has retro styling cues i.e the 275 (most fezzas from the sixties did not have twin rear lights nor did other greats like the 512TR) but it is new and not a design cop out like the new Muira or Ford GT.
admcewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:54 AM   #99
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
Has anyone seen the 0-60 time for the new 911 (997) turbo 3.4 seconds!!!! Not kidding.
That's impossible!!! I read 3,9 secs.... and that might be true, but never 3,4 sec
Yep, it's 3.9s. 480BHP even with 4WD wouldn't get a car weighing in at 1600kg's in 3.4 seconds.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:00 AM   #100
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by admcewen

Hi new to this thread I believe the first with two lights was the 365GTB/4 or if you count it as a Fezza, the Dino. By the way I think the 599 is great its has retro styling cues i.e the 275 (most fezzas from the sixties did not have twin rear lights nor did other greats like the 512TR) but it is new and not a design cop out like the new Muira or Ford GT.
Welcome to JW and thanks for the informational first post.

Agreed that the Muira and Ford GT was more a reiteration. But nevertheless the Ford GT's shape looks freaking great today! That is definitely one of the sexiest shape in automotive history. (I personally can't say the same for the Muira.)
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #101
tom333
Regular User

997 turbo>>>>>>>>>>

sorry guys rsportscars.com has 3.4 secs on it twice and it looks like a press release but i checked out the official porsche site and they say 3.6 for the tiptronic which is quite amazing.

Don't get me wrong, i wasnt trying to compare it with the 599 or build it up i just thought the news was amazing and furthermore no other make can ever come close to the passion that lives in all Ferraris

Forza Ferrari!!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #102
tom333
Regular User

I was curious what everyone's favorite car is that posts on this thread.

PEACE
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #103
ARMAN
Regular User

wrong thread to post our favorit cars and dont go to over emotional calling people here fucking idiots and stuff.

I think it looks terrific seeing some of the links you posted guys! In balck it kicks ass!!!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #104
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Found some tech info about 599 GTB

620 hp @ 7600 rpm

Weight 1580Kg

The sequential gearbox , changes in 0.100 sec :shock:

No E-diff , it appears that the manettino , has 5 different settings for the ESP control I don`t know for sure

Speed : over 330 km/h

Acc figures

0-100 km/h in 3.7sec
0-200 km/h in 11sec

0-1000 metres in 20.6 sec
Old 02-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #105
Everlasting
Regular User

yeah i heard they won't be putting an E-Diff in this car, they say it's just so well balanced it had no need for it !
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote