Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #121
a007apl
Regular User

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #122
kach22i
Regular User

I checked what the 2007 looked like - yep, the front is more rounded now, less angular.

I like this 2009 much better, it's developing nicely. Typically I like the first year of a car before they muck it all up with add-on's.

2007 for reference:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lamborghini...lip-10777.html
Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #123
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I checked what the 2007 looked like - yep, the front is more rounded now, less angular.

I like this 2009 much better, it's developing nicely. Typically I like the first year of a car before they muck it all up with add-on's.

2007 for reference:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Lamborghini...lip-10777.html
I presumer your humour is very dry, or: LP-640; WAKE UP.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #124
a007apl
Regular User

kach22i, please, next time use photo area for your photos, here its for infos about LP56-4 ONLY.
tkx
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #125
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by a007apl View Post
kach22i, please, next time use photo area for your photos, here its for infos about LP56-4 ONLY.
tkx
How polite.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #126
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=7084
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #127
kach22i
Regular User

a007apl and Pitfield, I posted the yellow car to illustrate that the new (white) car's lines are more rounded. It was posted only as a comparison, I don't understand your guys posts.

If you don't want me to post and share, then I'll just leave.

From my gallery:
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...2i/Automobile/
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #128
a007apl
Regular User

You use here for your pics, and have space for pics in forum:
Lamborghini Pictures and Videos
It is, use here for reports, not for pics ok
Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #129
kach22i
Regular User

Originally Posted by a007apl View Post
You use here for your pics, and have space for pics in forum:
Lamborghini Pictures and Videos
It is, use here for reports, not for pics ok
Thank you for explaining, I have never seen a site separated into text or pictures only before - very unexpected.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #130
a007apl
Regular User

Old 09-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #131
a007apl
Regular User

Clarkson’s verdict

"Brutally brilliant
In the current economic conditions, the number of people who might want to buy the car you see photographed this morning – a new, even more powerful Lamborghini Gallardo – is about six. In fact, I don’t know why I’m bothering to fill the rest of the page. It’d be easier and cheaper to send them a letter.
Then we could ignore the snarling, fuel-sucking, speed-busting supercar and look instead at how the streets of Britain might be when everything has gone bust, no one has a job and the government has decided to build a huge dam in the Cheddar Gorge just to keep everyone busy.
I do not believe there will be significantly more buses. The fact is that once you have been exposed to the freedom of personal transportation, it is impossible to retreat to the misery of veal-style collectivism. Buses are a safety net, a device civilisation uses to move around the poor and the weak. Nothing more.
Related Internet Links

Nor do I believe there will be that many electric cars. They enjoyed their rise in popularity when times were good and we could all afford to have guilt about ecoism. But when you are forced to eat your dog to stay alive, it is very difficult to spare a thought for the polar bears and the cedar trees of Lebanon. And anyway, they don’t work.
For guidance on the future, it’s tempting to look at France. Many years ago, when my head was full of hair and sixth-form politics, I argued that, in Paris, a car is not used to show off the wealth of its driver, only his level of interest in all things motoring. It is quite normal, I said, for a rich man who has no interest in cars to drive a beaten-up Clio, while his secretary, who loves to drive fast, has a big BMW.
It was a lovely theory but it was wrong. Because, if we exclude the Côte d’Azur, which is now Moscow-on-Sea, we find that in fact no one in France has a nice car, no matter how interested they may be in motoring. This is because France is essentially communist and anyone who displays outward signs of wealth is fearful that soon a mob will come and his head will be in a basket.
Here, there has never been a successful revolution. Oh we’ve cut a king’s bonce off but it only lasted a couple of days before the Paddy Basher was gone and Mr King’s offspring was sitting in the hot seat. Today, the country is full of people who dislike the rich but they stick to vandalising Range Rovers rather than beheading the Queen. And anyway, it’s equally full of Essex and Cheshire; places where people will sleep on bare floorboards before they stop driving into town in the Bentley.
Britain is fundamentally middle-class. There are no walnut-faced sons of the soil with hate in their hearts. Basically, we all want a plasma television. We’re all show-offs. We strive to be tall poppies. And, as a result of this, the car, whatever form it may take in the future, will always be mired here in mammonish k rather than cornering g.
So, in order to decide what sort of car Britain will be using in the near future, we must examine exactly what we require it to do. It must be considerably cheaper and less expensive to run than the cars we have now. Power will not matter due to the government’s latest moronic wheeze to put average-speed cameras on all motorways. It must be available in a range of versions so that Chelmsford can continue to demonstrate its superiority over Wakefield. And with half of Africa and eastern Europe living here, it needs to be small to deal with the congestion.
Japan is already there. Yes, there are big Lexuses and yakuza Mercs prowling the streets, but most people drive what they call kei cars: extremely small, extremely light, extremely fuel-efficient personal modules. Some have Rolls-Royce radiator grilles. Some have ladders on the roof. Anyone who sets up a business importing these cars to Britain right now will do very well. Frankly, I’m amazed Honda, Toyota and Subaru haven’t cottoned on already.
Perhaps they know what I know: that actually Japan is ahead of us but still some way behind Vietnam, where everyone has a small motor-bike. They are used as family saloons, lorries, pose-mobiles and taxis. And the system works, even when it rains, which it does, hard, and often for nine months of the year. I really can see a day when London looks much the same as Hanoi does today.
Funny, isn’t it. Vietnam never quite caught up to the West but now it’s accidentally overtaken us. Even as we speak, I have a small Vespa in my garage. Soon, I may be forced to go out there and see how the damn things works.
In the meantime, let’s get back to the Lamborghini Gallardo that may be bought by only half a dozen people in the next century. Look at it this way: very few people will ever take a holiday on the international space station. But that wouldn’t stop me reading about what it’s like up there . . .
There’s a very good reason why the baby Lambo is always seen as a poor relation to Ferrari’s F430. It’s because the Ferrari is a better car. Drive them back-to-back around a racetrack and the difference is immediately obvious. The red car feels tight, sharp, pointy and modern. The orange car with the lime green seats, feels, in comparison, like a canal boat. It rolls more in the corners, pitches more under braking, is less immediate in the way it accelerates and less responsive through the steering.
However, here’s why I love the Lambo. To get the best out of a 430, you need to have testes like globes. Whereas a one-armed man with a twitch can go just as fast in a Gallardo while eating a sandwich and having a spasm attack.
And now he can go faster still because Lamborghini has upped the size of the V10 from 5 to 5.2 litres. That means you now get 552bhp, and that, coupled with a weight saving of 44lb, means you arrive everywhere in a cacophony of barking, wailing exhaust noises slightly before you set off. It is ridiculously quick. Mad quick. Eyes-on-stalks bonkers. Way, way faster than a standard Ferrari 430, massively louder, too, and because of the squidge-matic suspension and four-wheel-drive system, just as easy to drive as its predecessor.
Some have said in the past that the Gallardo’s sister car, the cheaper Audi R8, was very similar. Not any more it isn’t. It is David Miliband in the face of Russian aggression.
There’s more. The Gallardo has always been a lovely-looking car, much more striking and desirable than the Ferrari. And the new model, with its new Reventón-style nose, is even better. The fact is that curves on a car never look as good as straight lines. The old Ford Scorpio proved that and the sharp, super-creased Lambo hammers the point home. We see the same thing with women. A fat girl’s curvy round face does not have the same appeal as the straight lines found on Keira Knight-ley or Kristin Scott Thomas.
Pointlessly, I shall now run you through the costs. They are very high. But at least the fuel consumption has been improved by 18%. Oh and don’t bother with the manual version. If you want a Gallardo, get the one with the flappy paddles.
If, then, you like to dream as you commute to the dole office on your Yamaha FS1E, dream about the Lambo. Lamborghinis have always been the heart and soul of the supercar scene and this is the most Lamborghinish model that has ever been made.
ENGINE 5204cc, 10 cylinders
POWER 552bhp @ 8000rpm
TORQUE 398 lb ft @ 6500rpm
TRANSMISSION Six-speed semi-auto
FUEL/CO2 20.6mpg / 327g/km
ACCELERATION 0-62mph: 3.7sec
TOP SPEED 202mph
PRICE £143,350
ROAD TAX BAND G (£400 a year)
RELEASE DATE Out now"
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #132