Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default Would you want an OCC Bike?

now, the OCC choppers arn't my type of bike (I would rather have an exilecycles.com )

but if you watch their show, you can't help but see how bad the treat each other and the bike during the build process. always banging things, and droping things, changing their mind, forgetting to this and that... the list go on and on.
now this is all good for TV, but for sometimes a $100,000+ bike would you really want these guys building it, or another company.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Re: Would you want an OCC Bike?

Originally Posted by Toronto
now, the OCC choppers arn't my type of bike (I would rather have an exilecycles.com )

but if you watch their show, you can't help but see how bad the treat each other and the bike during the build process. always banging things, and droping things, changing their mind, forgetting to this and that... the list go on and on.
now this is all good for TV, but for sometimes a $100,000+ bike would you really want these guys building it, or another company.
That's the problem with something like that though. Sometimes an idea works out on paper but not in metal. I'm sure Jesse James goes through the same shit.

And when you have a family building it...well..that's just a recipe for anger

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

They are all crap... youever riden one of those "bikers bikes" - these choppers are shite... handle like shite, stop like shite and are go like shite.

It's all an image thing.

The reality shows themselves are yet another level of crap..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
blinkmeat
Regular User

As far as customs go, I like exile bikes too. Matt Hotche's are nice but check out Jesse Rooke's.

CATHY

ROCKSTAR
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

if you ask me, Rooke's bikes are too commercial. i.e the Rockstar bike

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
Evo
Regular User

I watched OCC show and I think they really make nice very nice bikes..The Black widow is my favorite but not something I would buy.. Jesse James AlDiablo looks nice but a bit Normal..

Exile Cycles I like.. Because it got some clean element in it like the clutch thing where you push the handle bar and I also like the big fat tires ..

And their is another guy work that I like a lot is the guy in Biker build off show that won the show I think he is a Asian guy.. The bike he build looked Amazing..
Old 08-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
gucom
Regular User

if i'd ever buy a bike it'd be a fast sportsbike, not a chopper. for me the fun of owning a bike would be the experience of being 100% involved in the driving, in the open air, with no roof or doors between me and the surroundings going flat out...choppers arent really made for that are they
Old 08-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #8
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
And their is another guy work that I like a lot is the guy in Biker build off show that won the show I think he is a Asian guy.. The bike he build looked Amazing..
you are talking about Chica
www.chicacustomcycles.com - doesn't want to work for me

more info on biker build off here
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/bike/bios/bios.html
Old 08-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
Evo
Regular User

This is the guy I am talking about "Hotch"

http://www.hotmatchcustomcycles.com

Thanks Toronto for the link.

gucom you might have a point but not every body want to go fast in a bike. I love to look at a sport bike but you will never see me driving one like crazy..Accually you will never see my ass on one. .. I like Harleys and these kind of bikes yeah i know all show and no go but they do look much nicer IMO than a sport bike and they sure make a nicer sound.. But that's pretty much what they do..If I ever get to buy a bike I would certinly look at something like this rather than a sport bike..
Old 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

I take it then, none has actually riden one of these piles?

They are all show. Rather unwieldy and down right unsafe - under braked and over weight.

The folks who claim to "enjoy" cruising on them are full of shit.

The entire journey better be on a freeway, because they are slow turning, tiring to ride, hard to stop pieces of over priced poser crap.

The more radical or outrageous the bars/pegs/seat the more effort it is to ride.

They are not fun. At least, none of the really custom bikes i have tried have left me with anything but thoughsof "When the fuck can I pull over and give this rolling death bed back to it's idiot owner".

Funny how people scream how Yanky cars are bad handling lumps of pig iron, yet they buy into this Harley/Custom Bike genre crap at a drop of a hat.

If only you knew
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
blinkmeat
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

They are all show
You be Shumacher... I'll be Shaq
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

over weight.
I was shocked when I realized that their bikes are intesrly made of steal or iron or whatever that heavy looking shit they use.

Arent bikes supposed to be light? I bet one of those choppers weighs more then an Elise.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #13
Toronto
Regular User

I take it then, none has actually riden one of these piles?

They are all show. Rather unwieldy and down right unsafe - under braked and over weight.

The folks who claim to "enjoy" cruising on them are full of shit.

The entire journey better be on a freeway, because they are slow turning, tiring to ride, hard to stop pieces of over priced poser crap.

The more radical or outrageous the bars/pegs/seat the more effort it is to ride.

They are not fun. At least, none of the really custom bikes i have tried have left me with anything but thoughsof "When the fuck can I pull over and give this rolling death bed back to it's idiot owner".

Funny how people scream how Yanky cars are bad handling lumps of pig iron, yet they buy into this Harley/Custom Bike genre crap at a drop of a hat.

If only you knew
my cousin is a big chopper fan had has an 80's custom and I have er... tried to ride it
they are simply a cruiser for straight highways (much like an impala)

wait... big displacement, low revs, fat tires = american? RC hates it? wha?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #14
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

sure if its free.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #15
exhausted mules
Regular User

Originally Posted by corpse_grinder0
sure if its free.
then you could sell it and get a real bike.

no wait.

exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote