Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 07-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
mindgam3
Regular User

Default My new toy

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/prod...350d/index.asp

Haven't been on JW as much recently, but this is partly the reason why - been working my ass of trying to save up for it

Just been ordered so should have it by the weekend

Expect lots of pics in the near future
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

HEhe, in the meanwhile we got a photography section :arrow:

This is probably my next camera too, but I am damn scared it will drain BIG money in new lenses since the standard one isn't really enough I fear

But you will tell me about it I hope
Old 07-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
HEhe, in the meanwhile we got a photography section :arrow:

This is probably my next camera too, but I am damn scared it will drain BIG money in new lenses since the standard one isn't really enough I fear

But you will tell me about it I hope
Dam, missed this section

Lenses are very expensive but the quality difference between say a £500 non-SLR and a 350D or D70 is so big I just had to save for one of these.

Luckily my dad owns a 1D mkII with a few lenses so hopefully I can borrow them from time to time whilst i save for some of my own

I'll post some more when it arrives
Old 07-20-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
gigdy
Regular User

We want to see some pics of the 1D.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

definately i recomend the basic 18-55 mm lense that is optional with the body, and dont worry too much about buying a super expensive telephoto just yet, but a 150-200$ usd. 300 mm telephoto is working quite well for me for the time being.

eventually, i hope to upgrade to an anti-shake telephoto, and even further, get a new telescope that i can attach the 20D with a t-mount for super hi quality telephoto views

but thats quite some time away, which is why i simply bought a cheap lense, as it works just fine for what im currently doing.

great camera, by the way
Old 07-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Awesome.

I'm off for 2 weeks now, but i look forward to hearing your reactions when i get back.

Congrats on the camera mate 8)
Old 07-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
definately i recomend the basic 18-55 mm lense that is optional with the body, and dont worry too much about buying a super expensive telephoto just yet, but a 150-200$ usd. 300 mm telephoto is working quite well for me for the time being.

eventually, i hope to upgrade to an anti-shake telephoto, and even further, get a new telescope that i can attach the 20D with a t-mount for super hi quality telephoto views

but thats quite some time away, which is why i simply bought a cheap lense, as it works just fine for what im currently doing.

great camera, by the way
The basic lense isn't usm though. I'm just buying the body as I already have a 28-80 usm lense which should do for now.

My dads got a canon 70-300mm IS usm lense that i'm hoping to borrow for track day/racing stuff

He's also got a nice macro L series lense but i doubt i'll be able to get my hands on that one
Old 08-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

Finally, better late than never. Canon were in short supply so it only just arrived today. Went out today to just test it out and i'm very pleased with the results even though it was a very overcast day and i haven't read the manual yet

Here's a few, obviously not too good as ive only just got it but i think they show the cameras potential

Old 08-03-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

i'm very pleased with the results even though it was a very overcast day and i haven't read the manual yet
great pictures mindgame
im the same way, i have barely read the manuel, and really only know how to take pictures in full manuel 'M' mode... some day, ill set up the 'costom' settings for various picture styles, but i've never even used any of the automated modes
looking forward to your future sightings 8)