Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 05-19-2004, 01:01 AM   #1
AlienDB7
Regular User

Default Olympus unveils ultra-slim Ferrari camera

Olympus unveils ultra-slim Ferrari camera

Melville, New York, May 18, 2004 – Olympus, official sponsor of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula One racing team, has introduced the Ferrari Digital Model 2004, the second in the Ferrari series of Olympus cameras to be officially sanctioned by Ferrari S.p.A.

The 3.2-megapixel Ferrari camera features an aluminum body finished in distinctive Ferrari Red.

For the 2004 model, Olympus collaborated with Ferrari designers for a period of six months to ensure that an authentic F1 look was achieved. A special finishing process that produces a deeper luster was used to better match the signature Ferrari red of Ferrari racing car bodies. The back of the camera body was given carbon-tone accents that have the same texture as the carbon fiber material used to create Ferrari F1 racing car bodies, and the side of the LCD monitor features the distinctive "Prancing Horse" logo of the Ferrari F1 team.

The startup screen displays a photo of a Ferrari F2004 Formula One racing machine and the roar of a Ferrari engine plays.

The Ferrari Digital Model is the slimmest, most compact digital camera Olympus has ever produced. Its flat metal body features clean, uncluttered lines and measures only 94mm (W) x 67mm (H) x 21.9mm (D) and weighs just 160 grams. Just like the Ferrari racecar, no extra weight has been added to the body in order to make it as ergonomic as possible.

Like the Ferrari Formula One racecar that drives back to the pits for a refueling and a tune up, the Ferrari Digital Model 2004 also comes with its own “garage”, a multi-function docking station that allows users to take full advantage of the large, high-quality LCD display by setting the camera upright and using it as an attractive photo stand.

Shipment of cameras is scheduled for late-July, 2004. The estimated price will be $999.95 (CAN).

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040519-2.htm
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:10 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

I predict that everyone with that light camera will take very shitty pictures - because of the camera shake...

I hate cameras that are too small and light that you cannot cradle easily... unless it is just me that has the DT shakes...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

160 grams LMAO, RC45 is right... a photocamera HAS to weight way more than that... it's not a mobile phone
Old 05-19-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
yg60m
Regular User

No pics ?
As i am not an expert, hwo are the details of this camera, i mean because it wears the Ferrari name they will sell it twice more than it should cost or is it the "normal price" ? Like Aston did with its cell phone.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #5
tissetrolden

here's some pics

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04...pusferrari.asp
Old 05-19-2004, 02:08 PM   #6
yg60m
Regular User

Not a great design make me thinkto the ugliest shoes i ever seen :
http://www.fila.com/feature.jhtml;js...entId=74900075
Old 05-19-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
levensnevel
Regular User

He guys,

just bought myself a brandnew 3.2 MegaPix Canon A70 for USD 275.00 and now you're telling me I should have payed an additional USD 500.00 for some ferrari sounds and piccys :shock:
Don't think so

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #8
hwe
Regular User

Boring design. The previous Olympus Ferrari camera looked better.

Info and pictures at Olympus; http://www.olympus-racing.com/digita...ex.php?lang=uk
hwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
tanelvali
Regular User

previous is really adorable. but it costs too much. but Acer ferrari notebook is pretty nice looking and has understandable price also.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
Fleischmann
Regular User

I don't see the point in these gadgets...just beacuse there is a Ferrari badge on it , it doesn't mean that they can rip people off. Only for fanatics.