Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
430csjj
Regular User

Default 1000bhp 996 GT2

Evo motorsport are working on a 1000bhp conversion for the GT2. 0-60 in about 2.8 and a 9.something 1/4 mile. Pretty damn fast if you ask me!!
430csjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

hmmm yeah im sure its fast...but im not a huge fan of these hyper-powered tuned cars that do monster times at the dragstrip...i cant imagine those cars being of any use on real-life roads...
Old 04-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

Add to that the standard RWD and you have a few thousand cubic metres of tyre smoke at start. I agree with gucom, these projects are pointless
Old 04-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
hmmm yeah im sure its fast...but im not a huge fan of these hyper-powered tuned cars that do monster times at the dragstrip...i cant imagine those cars being of any use on real-life roads...
Ditto. What's the point of doing that to a Porsche anyway? You could achieve the same results with something like a Supra and it would be so much cheaper. Not to mention you wouldnt be ruining a GT2 :roll:
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
430csjj
Regular User

They said its designed to be driven everyday.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
findleybeast
Regular User

If its just designed to run fast in a straight line, its nothing more than an engineering achievement. If its really tuned properly though, that is one hell of a car.

Any photos or scans you can show us?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn thats alot! Whats the toruqe on this?
Old 04-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #8
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

one word: OVERKILL.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #9
Toronto
Regular User

isn't this the car they used to break the top speed for a manuf. car? was in evo a couple of months ago.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #10
crayzayjay
Regular User

No that was a 9ff

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #11
430csjj
Regular User

I don't have any pictures because I actually spoke directly with them.
The biggest one they have on their website is the GT800. It isn't designed to be just fast in a straightline, an all round performer. I don't know about the torque but the GT750 has 760lbs.

http://www.evoms.com

We exist to satisfy our customers’ addiction to speed and passion for high performance.
Philosophy: Engineer, manufacture and offer the highest quality performance components for an elite group of extreme individuals. Our cars are our passion, more than a means to get to and from work but an expression of who we are as people. An extension of our personalities: unique, aggressive, strong and powerful. We can help make each drive more enjoyable, more intense and less mundane. We can help transform your car from the ordinary into the extraordinary.

Experience: We have over half a century of combined experience in automotive engineering, design, fabrication, racing and many other facets of the automotive industry. We drive and race the cars that we build components for. We have an extensive R&D and test program that ensures our components are held in the highest standards. Our Porsche race efforts help keep us on the cutting edge as we are constantly in search of that last ounce of power, a better “mouse trap” or ways to make the car handle or brake better. We share your passion, your dream and the never-ending pursuit of more speed and performance.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #12
430csjj
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
the challenge would be to make a good track car.
It must be good round the track because on their homepage they have info about some of their cars winning events etc.