Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #31
Mr.T
Regular User

My results were very true of me.

Gran Turismorator
You scored -21%

You are a respectable tuner. You probably subscribe to one or more tuner magazines and know, quite a bit about your car and/or racing in general. Either that or you play a shitload of GT3. At any rate, you recognize the difference between a wastegate and a blow-off valve. In time, and with practice, you may attain "Racer X" status since it is supposed that you are relatively new to tuning and still have much to learn. Keep, working, and thank the maker that you're not a ricer.
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #32
cooperluke
Regular User

Gran Turismorator
Scored -22%

.... but there were a few "technical words" I didn't quite understand...

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #33
SilviaS15Cwest
Regular User

It wont let me enter my birthday cause the year section is screwed up. I didnt know all the answers. Like the Valve stuff for a Nissan.

My toy - 1991 BMW 525i - Factory installed option limited slip, upgraded BMW rims, leather everything, Falken Ziex tires. - 189 hp, 181 tq
R/T .098
60' 2.618
330 7.311
1/8 [email protected]
1000 14.444
1/4 [email protected] ([email protected] altitude corrected.)
NEEDS TO BE FASTER! Changing a couple things and hoping for low 16's next time.
Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529151/1
SilviaS15Cwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #34
homemade wrx
Regular User

Racer X
You scored -33%
I think from the questions this guy posted, he owns a AWD turbo car...and autocrosses...maybe that is why I got 33%
somone has to score higher than me, I can't be the best at this lame test of "car knowledge" :roll:
homemade wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:00 AM   #35
homemade wrx
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaS15Cwest
It wont let me enter my birthday cause the year section is screwed up. I didnt know all the answers. Like the Valve stuff for a Nissan.
I didn't either, but I knew VTEC is honda AVCS is subaru and VVT is Toyota
Old 10-28-2004, 12:14 AM   #36
FerrariKiller
Regular User

RacerX -25 and a pretty ALMS picture with the YES Network Porsche (can they even finish a race, Leo Hindery sucks?)

long live the moose
FerrariKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:38 AM   #37
adamk24
Regular User

Well this test pretty much confirmed my suspection that most of us are ricers Let the flaming begin!
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:31 AM   #38
homemade wrx
Regular User

Originally Posted by adamk24
-28% racerX woot. I have a big problem with one of the questions they ask however.

20. Again, correct order. IC=intercooler, CC=combustion chamber, TC=turbocharger, UP=up-pipe, DP=down-pipe
Filter, IC, TC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust
Filter, TC, CC, IC, DP, UP, exhaust
Filter, TC, UP, IC, CC, DP, TC, exhaust
Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust

The correct Awnser which should be Filter, TC, UP, IC, CC, TC, DD, Exhaust was not listed. :x I should email them a message. "Whos the ricer now, bitch? "
Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust this would be the proper order
but should say Manifold instead of UP, that way it is a turbo general question, because as far as I know, subies are the only ones with uppipes...
Old 10-31-2004, 08:37 PM   #39
adamk24
Regular User

Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust this would be the proper order
but should say Manifold instead of UP, that way it is a turbo general question, because as far as I know, subies are the only ones with uppipes...
Yes, subbie's are the only ones with so called 'up pipes.' And I got that question right because the others are obviously more wrong. However, the Up pipe is not the manifold, it is part of the piping leading to the intercooler coming off the turbo. Many aftermarket companies sell 'up pipes' for WRX's. :roll:
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:38 PM   #40
Loops
Regular User

Gran Turismorator
You scored -10%

You are a respectable tuner. You probably subscribe to one or more tuner magazines and know, quite a bit about your car and/or racing in general. Either that or you play a shitload of GT3. At any rate, you recognize the difference between a wastegate and a blow-off valve. In time, and with practice, you may attain "Racer X" status since it is supposed that you are relatively new to tuning and still have much to learn. Keep, working, and thank the maker that you're not a ricer.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #41
Daggernite
Regular User

one of two things happened if you received this rating. Either you know absolutely nothing about tuner culture and chose "no idea" often. In this case, i guess i could say congratulations, but really you wasted your time taking this test...actually this test is a waste of time for everyone. The second option is a little rarer. You must be someone that knows a lot about either mechanics or racing, but jack about the other subject....or you're just guessing. Either way, congratulations....you're mediocre...but still not a ricer, for which you should be thankful

Hmmm goin to kill self....... least im not a ricer.... :cry: good bye cruel world
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:57 PM   #42
Skaala
Regular User

Racer-X-28%
Old 11-01-2004, 09:41 PM   #43
africanmojo
Regular User

-16% much as i expected would have liked better but is better then being a ricer that is for sure.
africanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #44
black_magician
Regular User

Gran Turismorator
You scored -20%

I gotta become a racer-x when I get out of college.

the last question about Fast and the Furious had me rolling on the floor!
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:10 AM   #45
OVERLORD_CHRIS
Regular User

Gran Turismorator
You scored -14%

Floor pan falling out hahahaha why didn't they ask about Sport Sedans? Geez a 626 is not a large sedan, my Town Car is a large sedan lol
OVERLORD_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote