Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-07-2005, 07:09 AM   #31
saadie
Regular User

hehe thx dani ... .
btw .. this is what i've done to the pic ...

- lowered the car
- lowered the roof
- even after lowering the roof the spoiler is where it should be
- front grille .. offcorse
- and ... had to minuplite the whole background
- thats about it ...

check it out \/

Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #32
Evil-ution
Regular User

saadie u made the car look a bit proper "a bit!" i do agree its a poo the subaru never looked good and never will!! they chaged the entire looking of the car but didn't improve the car much! the 2.5 engine was there is the last subaru all what they did is to increase the PSI, the 2.5 liters edtion isn't a WRC legal car, WRC cars gotta have T\C 2.0 liters engine.. thats why they don't use it in the WRC and they are showing off that it can produce 300hp !! what a shame!! and the funny thing is the STi is still an easy kill for the Mitsu Evo! either u raced it in a straight line or on track "i think its obvious how the Evo killed the WR1 edition with more then 2 seconds!!"

i dunno why Subaru ain't improving there car much, they gotta improve its handling plus the looks!

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #33
nthfinity
Regular User

they chaged the entire looking of the car but didn't improve the car much!
im especially happy about the wider wheels for more responsive handling, and the aero refinements (the grill allows more air velocity entering the scoop with less drag penalty) the underside is very functional; but looks cheap, the goofy rear window diflector increases air flow to the rear wing, the front brakes are air ducted... less drag, more D/F... who can complain???
changing a car doesnt always have to do with increasing power. the 2.5 variable valveturbo motor runs only 14.5 psi, which is about identical to the 2.0 WRX motor. more low end torque is available then the Evo, and im waiting to see the trackside improvements for the car, but for high speed corners, this thing should rip it up.
its clear that a lot of time was spent in the wind tunnel with this car
Old 10-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #34
Evil-ution
Regular User

subaru wanted to copy the votech generator on the Evo.. they squeezed there minds to do somthing similar but does't look alike so ppl don't curse them.. they ended up with somthing sooo stupid!! they wanted to copy the carnards u can install on the Evo, they ended up with these 2 silly looking thingys.. they changed many things but they didn't change the worse! the rear lights!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evil-ution
subaru wanted to copy the votech generator on the Evo.. they squeezed there minds to do somthing similar but does't look alike so ppl don't curse them.. they ended up with somthing sooo stupid!! they wanted to copy the carnards u can install on the Evo, they ended up with these 2 silly looking thingys.. they changed many things but they didn't change the worse! the rear lights!!!!!!!!!!!
well, thats actually not the case
a lot of the aero cues were re-inforced because of direct need for further advantages in WRC; in order to follow the nessisary regulations. looking at the evo' WRC attempt, it shares significantly less bleed-through tech with the road car. also, under group N regulations tech transfer must be made available for every road car. suabru is quite concerned with winning :idea:

form follows function. its undeniable that the carbon fiber venturis on the rear of the evo serves the same function, it is functional. i see nothing wrong with subaru aiding in thier areodynamics in a similar way. styling comes down to personal preference
Old 10-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

I just wish Subaru and Mitsubishi in the USA would not be so quick to deny warranty claims and cancel warranties.

I would have replaced the 4 door family car with an EVO or STi a long time ago, but the warranty denials put me off.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I just wish Subaru and Mitsubishi in the USA would not be so quick to deny warranty claims and cancel warranties.

I would have replaced the 4 door family car with an EVO or STi a long time ago, but the warranty denials put me off.
Mitsu is natorious for that, but up here, Subaru dealers have been known to look the other way with warranty claims; particularly in the past when a wrx/or STi came with a 1 yr. membership in the SCCA.
sometimes even installing components themselves for you.

but, ive also known some IDIOTS, who deserved what they got when thier warrenties were denied
e.g. : one guy locally with an STi who for some reason, always pops the throttle for full boost so everyone can hear the BOV, then immediately shuts the car off... so with this, the internals on the turbo remain hot w/out coolant circulating in it... so his bearings wore rather quickly... after the repair, he still does this :roll: now for some reason, he has a 4" downpipe, going to 3 inches, going to 2.5"... i cant figure out if there is much of a benefit

personally, i would probobly go with warented work from Prodrive
Old 10-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #38
saadie
Regular User

ehehehe ... now that looks .... somewhat better
:roll:
did this one in 2 mins
Old 10-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #39
Evil-ution
Regular User

well when it comes to WRC races am not a big fan.. so i can't BS and yeah i know Subaru have the titel.. the vortech generator doesn't serve same as the subarus happy meal plate in the rear, its much better and much more advanced.. it lowers the car 3 kph in top speed but the Evos stability becomes more by 10% and 13 in hard curves.. what about the subaru?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #40
Evil-ution
Regular User

this is what i h8 about the car

Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 AM   #41
saadie
Regular User

ermm .. letme guess ...... u dont liek the ass ...... or is the tail pipe too big for you
Old 10-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

hehe, fair enough
i'll just say i like it 8)
Old 10-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #43
Evil-ution
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
ermm .. letme guess ...... u dont liek the ass ...... or is the tail pipe too big for you
the tail pipe can poop all day and am sure it won't sound different then the older subaru.. like an old man getting rid of some gasses. what i h8 is the rear lights which make the car look like a fly!