Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 11:31 PM   #16
findleybeast
Regular User

haha great post. when I first saw that there weren't any photos, I was like "oh it's one of those sightings...". haha but the story made up for it.
next time you guys meet up, provide some photos!

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:54 AM   #17
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

@ Stradale: I respect your opinion on the SLR, and honestly, I thought the same as you.... but once you see it in the metal, EVERYTHING changes!

@ findleybeast: Thanx for your comment! I hope I'll get some pics next time

@ Demon: I have no idea why there are no tire marks. Maybe they're not spinning fast enough to leave a mark. Honestly, even the SLR barely left anything behind :roll:

@ Arman: I sincerely hope the guy doesn't kill me "You are not nice. We're not friends anymore. I shoot you now!"
Old 04-30-2005, 07:02 AM   #18
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

DAMN, you lucky guys, I have yet to wait to see my SLR, but It won't take any much more longer

Anyway if you can keep us updated about the SLR, I would be grateful.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #19
crayzayjay
Regular User

Nice. The first time is saw the SLR was about a year ago. David Coulthard was doing burnouts at the London F1 thingie. Nice exhaust note

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #20
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Great story guys, as said earlier in this thread I can feel the exeitment in your post, I know how the feeling.......

Good to hear the guy was a good guy concerned for his cars, but cool enough to stop and talk to a couple of car lovers....great guy....

Originally Posted by DeMoN
One quick question, sorry its kinda off topic, but when I do a speed start and have my tires screech on my G35, I never leave trails on the floor, anyone know why?

The reason is you are not spining the tires fast enough so you dont develop enough rotation and heat to leave rubber behind, also some tires needs more abuse to leave behind marks, soft tires leaves more than hard tires......
If I make my tires spin more, Ill end up in the redline RPM levels... My theory is that I need to have tires warm before they leave a mark. So I guess this theory is correct? I mean, I make it spin a lot, but only 1 time every so often... so if I try doing it 3 times in a row, it might?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #21
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Great story guys, as said earlier in this thread I can feel the exeitment in your post, I know how the feeling.......

Good to hear the guy was a good guy concerned for his cars, but cool enough to stop and talk to a couple of car lovers....great guy....

One quick question, sorry its kinda off topic, but when I do a speed start and have my tires screech on my G35, I never leave trails on the floor, anyone know why?

The reason is you are not spining the tires fast enough so you dont develop enough rotation and heat to leave rubber behind, also some tires needs more abuse to leave behind marks, soft tires leaves more than hard tires......
If I make my tires spin more, Ill end up in the redline RPM levels... My theory is that I need to have tires warm before they leave a mark. So I guess this theory is correct? I mean, I make it spin a lot, but only 1 time every so often... so if I try doing it 3 times in a row, it might?
Actually, I think you'll need colder tyres in order to burn out better, because cold tyres have less grip. Just look at F1 tyres... they stick like glue when they're warm, which means its harder to do a burnout.

Just my €0.02
Old 04-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #22
Wutputt
Regular User

This is a great read. I really feel the excitement in your words. The SLR is great sighting and the owner must be a big car nut, since he also owns a black Enzo and doesn't hesitate to leave a bit of rubber behind when he takes of
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #23
DeMoN
Regular User

warmer tires mean harder burnout, but the more sticky it is, the more trail it should leave if I manage to make tires spin. I think. If its more glued to the foolr and I manage to make it spin, then the more friction there will be leaving more tire marks?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #24
ikon2003
Regular User

Incredible story, thanks for sharing. I don't think you had to play "complete idiot" but it was good to be tactful of what you knew. hopefully you can develop a relationship with this guy and get some cool pix!
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #25
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

that is a pretty cool story, i can see how the guy would be skeptical of some younger kids hanging around his beautiful car. i sit and stare for a few minutes when i see nice cars in the parking lot of where i work (grocery store) and i kinda feel weird if the owner comes out because i am sure he is thinking, what the hell is this kid doing around my car. but an SLR is damn worth it!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #26
ZWW
Regular User

Wow! :shock: Very nice story! You're lucky!

About a year ago I was in almost an identical situation. But the owner of the SLR was a PLM at the Maybach factory. His Maybach was about 3 metres away from the SLR. I had a long conversation with him and a sat in the Maybach and the SLR. A few days later I sent him my pictures of that day, and he sent me a lot of documentation back! Last February, at the Dutch AutoRai, I met him again and immediately I became a VIP at the DaimlerChrysler stand!

It's very nice to know people who own very cool cars 8)

*ONLINE!!!*
ZWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:58 AM   #27
jumpman23
Regular User

Anyone of you in the USA ever hear of the dealership called Motor Werks (I live in Illinois)? Well if you know of one you can probably see the SLR in person. People in Illinois can go to Motor Werks in Barrington, IL down Barrington Rd. They also had a Carrera GT, but it was sold to Jerry West the L.A. Lakers hall of famer and current owner of the Grizzlies.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #28
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ jerry west was also person used in the NBA logo.
and seeing a car on the road and in person is much diff.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:21 PM   #29
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
^^^ jerry west was also person used in the NBA logo.
and seeing a car on the road and in person is much diff.
thats because when you see a car on the road going the other way you basically snap your neck.