Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #16
novass
Regular User

Sweet car! Seems to be kind of a mismatch to put it up against a VW bug though

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #17
TT
Regular User

I love the 964 shape a lot, that's basically why I wanted it to be my first Porsche, but I guess it will be the second now

And this RUF must be mad. Remove the stickers and it's till pretty much a sleeper, looking like tons of kitted 911 hitting our streets any day
Old 09-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
harryo2b
Regular User

ellios ruf? Who is that I think you mean Alois Ruf.

Also if all goes well I should have another RUF car reviewed for JW viewing pleasure the end of this month, let's say something along the lines of 650 hp...

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #19
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
the yellowbird at the time held the record for the fastest lap at the ring for a long time and beat the f40 its rival at the time this is what made ruf who they are today and are still building phenomenal cars my dad met ellios ruf and i have now got a personally signed picture by mr fuf of the yellowbird done by a top artist.

IM A BIG FAN OF RUF!!!!!!
thats wonderful, but even porsche fans learn about certain "non-existant" P-cars... I have one such "non-existant" P car on the way.... 8) .... one that just might pull the stops on this 964 CTR.... and is older then it too...
hehe
Please tell me its a 911 SC RS or a RS 3.0 road-version
Old 09-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

It is turbocharged... and is quoted as being "917 for the road!"
Old 09-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
You're the only one getting bent out of shape in this thread RC.
Uhm - no I am not - I simply posted the car. Then all the know-it-all punk yahoos arrive trying to "tell the real truth"

FFS People - I have direct access to RUF... if I tell you its a "model xyz..." its a freaking model xyz... not because I think it is... t because it is.

Period.

Case closed.

Mmmm.. kay?

Not everyone knows every little detail about every little car (you were in that position at one point believe it or not),
Well - since people don't know why do they come out the woodwork as if they do know?? Maybe thats the point - if someone in the know says "This is how it was" - perhaps once or twice it would be good to actually accept the facts.

You punks just can't accept the facts that I do know more than you do

so if someone doesn't know, why not just inform them politely instead of being an asshole about it?
When they ASK politely I will TELL them politiely. But arriving with a "Haha .. you are wrong" attitude will result in the answer that was provided.

Anyways, enough about you, that is indeed an awe inspiring car, though it is hard to link the Yellowbird name to an AWD model, especially after watching Stefan tear up the 'Ring in the RWD variant.
Uhm - again - pure display of ignorance... because anyone who knows anything about RUF or 911's knows the Yellowbird name was affectionately attached to all CTR 1's...

Yes - the name "Yellowbird" was coined by the R&T journo's - but the nick name was used to refer to the next 20 odd CTR 1's as well.

Which again makes this and the white car so unique.. as the CTR 1 mods were applied 1990 964's in 1993 to duplicate the pre-964 Yellowbirds... even though new cars were not available to convert.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by harryo2b
ellios ruf? Who is that I think you mean Alois Ruf.

Also if all goes well I should have another RUF car reviewed for JW viewing pleasure the end of this month, let's say something along the lines of 650 hp...
RT12? If so, let me know back channel via PM and we can maybe co-ordinate these and other RUF reviews.

I might try do an RT12 review at the same time.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #23
nickthaskater

Hardly a display of ignorance on the Yellowbird name, all I said is that my mind has 'affectionately' attatched that name to the RWD version, so to try and link an AWD version into that just seems odd. Never did I say it can't be called a Yellowbird or anything of the sort, I just meant it was weird thinking like that. It'd be like having the RWD Z06, then suddenly seeing an AWD Z06, it'd just seem a bit odd.

But anyways, thanks for adding in all of that information into your initial post.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Hardly a display of ignorance on the Yellowbird name,
Well - my reference to "ignorance" was note really made at you, but in general reference to blackenzo and others actions and attitudes.

Because quite frankly, if you (collective you - not personal you) don't know whether something that someone else says to be true is in fact so, wouldn't you (collective you - not personal you) first go research the fact before you "called it out"?

It does seem odd to call a fact out without having a factual rebuttal.

All this trouble started because few wanted to believe that a 964-based AWD CTR existed on one hand, and that RC45 of all people would "educate" them to the fact on the other....
Old 09-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #25
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

So awsome how you have big knobs and red buttons to tune the car from the dash. None of that fancy electronic buttons..

Do you know how far you and adjust the AWD bias to the rear?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

We are looking to this - but suspect it is 50/50 and 70/30 - the AWD system is a RUF engineered unit so might be full of surprises.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Some people are just full of shit and will argue with a knife next to their heart (Russian expression) saying they know the truth RC.

Only way out of is to get em to use that blade so you can move on
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
blackenzo
Regular User

ok calm down i spelt it wrong i always get mixed up
blackenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #29
5vz-fe
Regular User

I personally think the 964 is the ugly duckling of Porsche...but the wide fender makes a whole lot of difference. The more I look at it, the more I like it (of course the numbers does play a big role)
Old 09-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
It is turbocharged... and is quoted as being "917 for the road!"
It's not the actual road going 917 is it? LOL IIRC, only one was built!

Thank for the write up RC! Interesting car for sure.