Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 04-12-2005, 03:49 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

The idea is for sure interesting and while Vercetti tries to find out how much it would cost, it would be nice to have at least a vague idea about how many we would order.. as I said, I doubt there will be more than 10-20 persons interested.

So far we could say Vercetti, Zrfk, Silvia, Pwoarr, goodduck, TT, dani, komotar and gis are interested. I really don't see how we could be more than 20 but you never know.

I suppose they have a minimum amount like 50 or 100, I wouldn't be surprise if it's higher than that. And in that case, to order 100 models would be a bit complicated.. to pay for them and then to have stored them forever since nobody wants them? :bah:

Also, for me 1:43 would be better since I collect small models

I highly doubt we could have something for a "correct" price (we should also define what a correct price would be )
Old 04-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #17
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
one way to get more people interested would be to put in on the portal. just a thouhgt
Yeap I agree with you man, with that way more people would see it.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
antonioledesma
Regular User

great idea, but could be somewhat difficult, or even mine could be more complicated

why not... buy a little model without decals?, I don't really care if it's a 1/18 or 1/43,

and then find someone that could make those special decals with the JW's logo.
we could save a little amount of money, no extra-special orders, no more than 50usd

for example, TT asks for 10 ferrari 355 (red just like the bid daddy's 8) ) and 10 diablo lambos. He could get a big discount on that order
he ships the car with the JW's decals to the members willing to pay

or I'm just simply stupid?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #19
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

That a very good idea, but the way I see it, having a totally customized model(special colors, decals, interior, base, box) is more appealing. But then again Im thinking as a collector freak...
Old 04-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #20
stradale
Regular User

I might be interested, provided it's 1/43 and depending on price and which model, colour etc. is decided upon.

Forgive me my scepticism, but it would surprise me if we could get a decent quote on such a small order. But, I'll keep hoping.

I read in the thread on TT's model collection Mr. Vercetti thought about asking my dad for doing the job. I will certainly ask him, but if he decides to rise to the occasion you must know that there are some drawbacks to this. It is merely a hobby for him so even 20 cars could take a year to complete. I don't know whether he would like building the same model 20 times either. Plus, if you want to use decent kits, the kits alone would cost 50 to 70 euros. Upgrading ready-mades is cheaper, but only a little less time consuming. Another problem with that is that the model should be readily available. For instance, a Diablo would be out of the question as there's no reasonably priced one on the market at this time AFAIK.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:54 AM   #21
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Stradale I was j/k man!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:14 AM   #22
stradale
Regular User

LOL, oh well... ops:
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #23
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Not that it would be a bad idea though..
Old 04-13-2005, 06:12 AM   #24
stradale
Regular User

Well, I suspect the chances of him being willing to do it are very slim.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #25
Evo
Regular User

A 1:12 scale would be more excusive but that's just me.. ..

It's a really nice idea.. but cost is the biggest issue here.. You have to decide on a car.. color .. and other spec then present it to the company asking them for 20 or so models and what price will they give you then you can start playing around with the idea.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #26
Pwoarrr
Regular User

Okay.....so everyone agrees that if we do this, it gonna be in 1:43 scale right? Now that I have thought about it, it is the ideal scale because it won't take up lots of room, would probably be cheaper for us, and there are more cars to chose from in this scale.

Next question: Who are we gonna ask for a price/quote? I not too familiar with this scale, so I don't know which companies would be willing to do this. Anyone with experience in this "field" plz give some advice! Or maybe we could get Mr.Vercetti to ask around and from there we could decide which to chose based on the quotes they give us.

Btw, we should set up a poll to decide which car to use.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

Y'all better not shit your collective pants when you see the cost of such endevours..

Even a Fly limited run of 100 1/32 slot cars will be about $5000.00USD. And if there is custom decal and detail work involved... add some more.

Hopefully someone an pull a contact or 2 out of the woodwork to help get extra special low-ball pricing.

These guys all want full price up front for custom work.

Cost per unit goes up as number of models goes down.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #28
TT
Regular User

Definitely before going on with the discussion we need to find out some benchmark prices and useless to ask for a quote for 500 or 1000 units.

Realisticly, I'd say we should find out for 10, 20 and 50, no more.

And I am sure, even for 50, the price per unit will be MUCH higher than the usual 30-50 USD you pay for a 1:43
Old 04-14-2005, 05:06 AM   #29
SilviaEvo
Regular User

a shitty idea but there are also Zippos that i think can be customized? maybe its just me but i like zippos
Old 04-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #30
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Our club(an Hellenic Club for Ibiza owners) decided to make a special model only for our club members. Ive contacted Spark and Ixo. They both replied me and they told me that they can make any model. Ill send them a reply to ask more info about prices, quantities etc.. So stay tuned for ore info. In the meantime lets keep this thread alive so that new members could see it. So far the list is this:

Mr.Vercetti
ZfrkS62
SilviaEvo
Pwoarrr
goodduck
TT
sndr
dani_d_mas
komotar
gis
antonioledesma
stradale