Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #61
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by harryo2b
No question it's a '95 RUF BTR.

And yes it's Gruppe B Turbo RUF
such as CTR is Gruppe C Turbo RUF
and RT12 is RUF Turbo 12th generation or so i was told by Herr Ruf himself
i didn't know there was any 993 based BTR's...

so you speak with Alois periodically? Next time you see him.... ask him about the special Slant nose BTR... i'm 100% sure he'll know what you are talking about
No not periodically because i'm sure if i did i may be broke and there may be a 3.8 X51 motor swap in my 987S?! :shock:

Our Porsche members club has a yearly meeting at RUF called "RUF Tag" where they give us a grande tour and yes there I have spoken with Herr Ruf. He is surely the most down to Earth man I have met who has yet done so much for Porsche, what can be made of them and pushing the limits of turbo power.

As for 993 BTR's yes they do exist and actually I think it is 25 as the number of RUF VIN BTR's that were built. Only one I personally know of is in Australia or was, a basalt black met RUF conversion BTR-2 in Cali w/ 426+ hp RUF tested at 0-60 @ 3.7s and 196 mph and a white BTR-2 in Boston with 500+ hp lovely cars aren't they

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #62
5vz-fe
Regular User

That won't change the score u know, google still wins

if it makes u feel any better, u can also subsitute my name to the score.....coz I don't know either, I have to google it also ~
Old 09-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #63
harryo2b
Regular User

By the way looking at the August '06 issue of Hemmings Motor News i came across an ad that i now recognize...the RUF Awd CTR that this thread is about is listed, my timing is just always off.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #64
5vz-fe
Regular User

Alright through my Porsche connections I have word that there is a 1995 RUF BTR/Prototech conversion currently for sale in the Boston region. 500 hp rear wheel, sunroof delete, rear seat delete... :shock:

I am actually in the works at seeing what the situation is with the car and if needed I may have to sell my current ride for a second shot at another RUF BTR!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...QQcmdZViewItem

Any chance I got it right?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #65
RC45
Regular User

The word I am getting is that there was no official "full conversion" shop outside of Germany prior to the RUF AutoCenter in Dallas.

The Porsche VIN car is probably composed of many RUF purchased parts, but until I get confirmation from RUF, going to be in my book, a Non-RUF conversion - but rather a modded Porsche with RUF parts.

The auction even says "The car was later re-tuned by Protomotive in Florida " and "supposedly the BTR conversion in this country and featured in Road and Track magazine" - which really means "we have no way of substantiating any of this..."
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #66
5vz-fe
Regular User

lol....nice translation RC ~

Looking closer, the steering, rear wing and intercooler looks fishy
Old 09-12-2006, 03:16 AM   #67
nthfinity
Regular User

wow, what a popular topic... had this been a porsche, i bet this would still be on page 1 !

personally, i can't get enough of Rufs!

I know there was some in depth on the RT12 already.... and what about the RGT... its in GT4... is it possible there is one there too?
Old 09-12-2006, 04:39 AM   #68
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
wow, what a popular topic... had this been a porsche, i bet this would still be on page 1 !

personally, i can't get enough of Rufs!

I know there was some in depth on the RT12 already.... and what about the RGT... its in GT4... is it possible there is one there too?
RGT in depth?

Been there - done that
Old 09-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #69
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Alright through my Porsche connections I have word that there is a 1995 RUF BTR/Prototech conversion currently for sale in the Boston region. 500 hp rear wheel, sunroof delete, rear seat delete... :shock:

I am actually in the works at seeing what the situation is with the car and if needed I may have to sell my current ride for a second shot at another RUF BTR!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...QQcmdZViewItem

Any chance I got it right?
I saw this car in Houston today...

Expect an In-Depth any day now.

Oh - and anyone interested in a CTR Yellowbird vs RT12 track test???
Old 09-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #70
harryo2b
Regular User

This car was bought by a fellow P-car enthusiast who was going to take it to RUF-Autocentre to have it re-RUF'ed if you can say it like that

There is now a Turbo R for sale with many CTR-2 parts that had a full conversion and then some while it was here in Germany from 1996-2003.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:30 AM   #71
RC45
Regular User

This car was bought by a fellow P-car enthusiast who was going to take it to RUF-Autocentre to have it re-RUF'ed if you can say it like that

There is now a Turbo R for sale with many CTR-2 parts that had a full conversion and then some while it was here in Germany from 1996-2003.
Hhhhm... don't recall that part of the conversation... but will checkup today.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:23 AM   #72
harryo2b
Regular User

Yeah he may not be doing it. Been awhile since I last checked the threads on the other board but it appears the big concern now is to ensure the ECU is mapped correctly to match the engine upgrade. Saw some initial pics of the ride at the person's house and initial reports of the car is it's a "silver bullet"

Get some pics already RC!

If federalization for bringing a RoW car to the US wasn't such a pain in the ass and $$$$$ I would probably have myself a nice RUF RCT right now.

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/content...hr=&details=13

Here are some pics of the Turbo R recently acquired by a member of the same board. This car started life in the hands of a DoD personnel as a factory new Porsche Carrera and since then had is personally RUF'ed by his close friend Alois Ruf. He was also the Pres. of PCA-Germany region when it was running...
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d=141805&stc=1
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d=141806&stc=1
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d=141807&stc=1
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d=141809&stc=1