Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 01-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

Default UPdated. What i will ride ! Restoring it !

Hi im Adolfo from Spain, im new on jabbas, very very nice site!!!

TT , Impala is from montesa, from bultaco you have Frontera and Lobito wich are similar to impala, there are lots of bultaco models, you can check it here:

http://217.127.158.230/motoantigua/w...o/MODELOS.html
(sometimes the link is slow)

Ive tryed to reedit last topic but i couldnt hehehehe...
well, I have a BULTACO METRALLA 250 GT, its road not enduro im restoring it so its all in pieces but i think ive taken good photos. The specifications are:

General information

Model: Bultaco Metralla 250 GT
Year: 1976
Category: Sport

Engine and transmission

Displacement: 244.00 ccm (14.89 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder
Stroke: 2
Power: 23.00 HP (16.8 kW)) @ 7500 RPM
Compression: 10.0:1
Bore x stroke: 72.0 x 60.0 mm (2.8 x 2.4 inches)
Fuel control: Port control
Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 5-speed
Transmission type final drive: Chain

Physical measures

Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 130.0 kg (286.6 pounds)

Chassis and dimensions

Front tyre dimensions: 3.25-19
Rear tyre dimensions: 3.50-18
Front brakes: Expanding brake
Rear brakes: Expanding brake

Speed and acceleration

Top speed: 131.0 km/h (81.4 mph)

Other specifications

Fuel capacity: 14.00 litres (3.70 gallons)

Time for pics:

The moto would be like this, but mine will be yellow and black instead red and chromeplated

I also have a Hyundai Getz 1.3GLS, 83 BHP... supersport loooool!! well its not a supercar but i really have fun with it as youll see in the second photo...

I hope you like this photo, this was yesterday with the first snow in madrid, i was going to study but rally fever got me hehehhe...

Ill try talk with a friend, maybe he joins jabbas and you could see his Lancia Delta HF Turbo, his brother had an HF integrale version 1 but he sold it because the turbo broken and many other problems.. but my friend still have the HF turbo hehehe...

Hope you like the topic hehehehe!!!

Adolfo ( spain )

RISTORATION

WEEKEND FEB 11-13

Mudguards

Ristoration: 24 hours gasoline bath, then with toilet paper clean "the shit" the gasoline didnt "eat", after that with an aluminium scotch-brite and as soft as you can scratch the oxide, clean again with a cloth and a little of gas to take out small oxide particles. Then clean with water to quit gas and finally apply a polishing cream with cotton. Watch the difference:

(next week cylinder)
bultaco_metralla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Dude, you can't imagine how much we appreciate somebody actually following the rules as good as you did
Indeed the restoration doesn't seem near the end

As for the Getz, nothing wrong about it and the last pic is great!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
TransAm
Regular User

can't wait to see the bike finished either!

Welcome to JW 8)

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

THX TT, youre right about time for ristoration hehhehe, at least i have to restore 25% more like air filter, brakes etc... but around summer ill have it finished and youll see pics and maybe a little video so you can hear that spanish 2 stroke sound hehehehe!!!

about the pic, when i came out to take the photo i couldnt believe that the circles were concentric... its almost a perfect 360 ¿drift? ( dont know the word hehehe)

see you here!!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dude, you can't imagine how much we appreciate somebody actually following the rules as good as you did
Indeed the restoration doesn't seem near the end

As for the Getz, nothing wrong about it and the last pic is great!
I agree, before reading his post, I checked his post count and avatar-less nick. I thought this would be some Shitty post but damn I was wrong.

Nice to see you posting such quality stuff and posting pictures so early.

Dont forget to add an avatar at the Profiles section so people can visually remember you. Its harder to remember by just looking at your nick.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

i dont know how funny it is cause the moto has been in a garage for 25 years looool it was from my uncle and he decide to give me as a present!! i couldnt believe!!

About 2 storke 250 cc single cylinder you can see the size of the cylinder in the second photo, at the left of helmet, the cylinder its huge!!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

hehehehehe dont worry Demon, i can understand you thought it was going to be a shitty post, its very stange to see old bultaco motos hehehe,in other way, avatar done, BULTACO LOGO hehehe...

About Lancia Hf, ive already talk with my friend,he will join JW after we finish our examns or we will use my nick to post his car, also will talk with my best friend to see if he wants to show his Kia Sportage 3 doors offroad modified very very beautifull. We usually go for offroad session twice a month!! will send also offroad fotos!!

Brrrm brrrmbrrrm MORE GAS !!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Default Re: What i will ride !! Restoring it !!

Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla(spain)
TT , Impala is from montesa, from bultaco you have Frontera and Lobito wich are similar to impala, there are lots of bultaco models, you can check it here: ...
BTW, wasn't me
Old 01-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

Lol sorry dude !!! , one question.... how can i send you a video?? i dont have webpage and the next week im going to have an offroad drift session with my getz and im probably going to make a little video, ill edit it with music and presentation etc... no more than 20 mb i suposse...

Thx!!!

In the last reply i forgot to say that we finish exams the february 10, you have to wait a little until HF turbo photos
Old 01-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #10
TT
Regular User

Uhm as for vids it is a bit tricky. We don't offer hosting to "normal" memebers actually, so you need to find somebody with a small webspace willing to help you
Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #11
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

ok, thx, IT WAS JUST TO SHOW YOU UNTIL I HAVE A WEBPAGE... NO PROBLEM!! ill see what ill do!! at least youll see photos of the drifts and maybe a river cross with the kia hehehehehehe OFFROAD FOREVER!!!

mORE gas!!!
bultaco_metralla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:42 PM   #12
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

Thx a lot man!! im going to post photos as im restoring it !!! Hope you enjoy!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 AM   #13
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
I must say this topic made me happy in more than one way......

First its great to see a new member.....then its great to see he actually reads the rules....then he posts a interesting topic wich will probably only be more interesting as the resturation progress goes by......and last but not least you sound very extatic and eager....your way of getting across made me smile....thx.....
Couldnt agree more! Great to have you aboard bultaco_metralla
Old 01-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #14
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

THX a lot, i think that when you are new on a place if you dont read and follow the rules... youre out or going to have bad "karma" with people loooool about karma is a joke heheheh...

If you want, tell me how to update the topic and as im restoring pieces i can post photos and tell how i did it, so we will have a completely restoration hehehehe

its gonna be hard but i think i can post some works on weekend because im studing industrial engineering and dont have many free time during week, so ill work on it on weekends...

"Er Killo de la Metralla"
Old 01-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #15
Minacious
Regular User

bultaco_metralla, I am so impressed with your introduction and the fact that you are restoring a classic bike (I am a sportbike enthusiast myself), that when you have the video ready, get in touch with me, I will host it for you. You might think we are making a big deal out of nothing, but if you saw all the clueless folk that sign up, you'd understand.