Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
bobafett
Regular User

Default Drove another McLaren

A friend of mine just got his McLaren back from the factory shop after some adjustments made. He asked me to come down since I was in the area.

His lineup is as follows:

Red/Tan McLaren
Yellow Enzo
Red F50
Red F40
Red 2880GTO
Rosso Fiorano 575
Silver Z8
Yellow Murcielago
Black Gallardo
Blue 993 GT2
Black Arnage
Red M5 (E39)
Silver Vanquish
Silver DB7
Grey Jag XJR

There were also a Silver '30s Rolls and a Red Alfa GTV which belong to a frend of his who askedhimt o keep them temporarily. My friend also has a Continental GT, SL55 and someting else. He's getting a DB9 and an Elise, passed on the Murcie Barchetta (agrees that they're stupid w/o a working top), and will likely get a Pagani if they ever get legalized.

And the only car we drove was the McLaren, since he wanted me to see how it feels compared to the old clutch. I didn't hammer on it too hard because there are a LOT of cops around here due to Memorial Day weekend. It definetely feels better than before - I don't know how to describe it other than the power comes down a hell of a lot smoother than it did before. So yeah, whatever they did makes it drive better.

And yeah, getting into my 550 made me feel like I was in a 4 cylinder toyota.

I know, I know, all of you jokers are saying get pictures. But unlike TT, I don't ahve one grafted onto my wrist I'm supposed to do a few track days with him and a few other friends of mine in the next few months, so I'll try to take pictures then?

Enjoy,

--Dan
Old 05-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
Evo
Regular User

Default Re: Drove another McLaren

Originally Posted by bobafett
I know, I know, all of you jokers are saying get pictures. --Dan
I'm a joker.. Where are the pix.

TT, are you backing up what he saying
Old 05-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

boba, we know you ain't a bullshitter, but really, for such topic we would like to see some pics
Old 05-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
PATo355
Regular User

Just a question , you are 22 , so your friend with all those amazing cars has how many years ?

That is a crazy Lineup , but i dont think you V12 powered Maranello was like a 4 cyliunder toyota

What about coming to his place and shooting come nice pictures ? i would love a pic with Ferraris collection series

And as everybody is saying .... Give us some pics PLEASE !!!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Dan - you give me a call when you are in H-Town again - arrange some "gawk time" with a few local collections and I will bring the cameras...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
bobafett
Regular User

TT/Pat: well, the problem with pictures is this: a lot of people really don't like their stuff published online. There are probably 50 collections like that or much better (I like vintage cars too) in this area, but very few people will be happy about posting them on. Next time I go down, I'll ask. Part of my problem is I don't get off from pictures myself, and I'm a lazy sack about them But, next time I go to see someone who has a lot of cars, I'll ask. I have to meet up with another friend who has a similar collection next week, so we'll see what he says.

Pat: he's in his 40s.

RC: only real collection I'm privy to is Jamail's. I don't think Sarofim's counts since he just owns like 10 bentleys.

--Dan
Old 05-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
666fast
Regular User

RC: only real collection I'm privy to is Jamail's. I don't think Sarofim's counts since he just owns like 10 bentleys.

LOL, just 10 Bentleys huh?

Sounds like you had fun. Congrats on driving a car that most people won't ever see!
Old 05-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
PATo355
Regular User

Cool boba , hope to get news from you , a couple of pictures would be nice , i am too trying to arrange something with the guy who has the Enzo f40 and stuff like that ( i published some pics ) , but he doesnt like to publish pics of his cars , maybe cuz its the only one in Chile and prolly one of 6 or 10 in South America , anyways at least you can ask about em

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

but he doesnt like to publish pics of his cars , maybe cuz its the only one in Chile and prolly one of 6 or 10 in South America
LOL and right because he is the only one and that everybody already knows who he is and wich cars he owns, I don't understand why he is so shy anyway he can't hide
Old 05-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #10
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
but he doesnt like to publish pics of his cars , maybe cuz its the only one in Chile and prolly one of 6 or 10 in South America
LOL and right because he is the only one and that everybody already knows who he is and wich cars he owns, I don't understand why he is so shy anyway he can't hide
not from TT anyway- planning a trip to south america any time soon
Old 05-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

I can appreciate folks not wanting to have the car/name/location tied together.. in those cases, instead of doing 1,000 photo still-life style shots of the entire collection, perhaps 5 or so shots before you head out for the drive and then 3 or 4 more when moving...

I mean it's not like you can stop people taking pictures in public.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #12
Codence
Regular User

well i leave it at, your one lucky kid!
Codence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #13
sikx5
Regular User

If you could, some pics would be great as the others said(hi-res please).

What a nice lineup, Sounds like he actually uses them too...needing new clutches and all
Old 05-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #14
bobafett
Regular User

RC: Worth a shot... some really value privacy. Some (like Jamail) don't.

--Dan
Old 05-30-2004, 10:14 PM   #15
bobafett
Regular User

Rc: pictures in public are one thing, but when a friend values his privacy, another friend shouldn't go about acting in a manner converse or compromising to that. I mean, it would be one thing if you "happen' to pass by while the garage door is up and take some shots, it's quite another thing if I do it while visiting a friend.

Plus he'll send me to an asylum for sittnig there taking pictures, wondering what the hell is wrong with me!

Actually - there's an idea. Next time I go down...I should have a friend "happen" to walk by with a camera...

--Dan