Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #1
ARMAN
Regular User

Default NFS Porsche 2?

http://www.1up.com/media?id=1328794&type=lg
anyone have some closer info?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
bmwmpower
Regular User

that will be great, but better will be NFS Ferrari
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
AlienDB7
Regular User

OMG, they're making NFSU2?? Finally they're getting back on track with some cars worth more than a garbage can

Need to start camping outside the EA building down the road and spy on them, haven't seen too many porsches in that area though
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

Is that where they do the Need for Speed games though?
I know they just opened an EA sports office here in Chicago and the first game they did here was Fight Night 2005
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

I really like NFS Underground 2 but in comparison to NFS Porsche it's totally crap. No I'm not talking about the graphics... of course not. But the driving dynamics in NFS Porsche were just spot on IMO! I hope they'll bring out a new NFS Porsche soon.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:17 PM   #6
JoeHahn
Regular User

I've seen that picture in an article when they were talking about the new PS3 GFX Chip. It wont be for PS3 (because it doesnt look that good) but lets hope its for a new NFS Porsche game!
Old 12-18-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
Vansquish
Regular User

Pretty sweet...this is the only NFS game in recent memory that's been of any worth. Hopefully they'll get back to the roots of the game a bit....the original NFS was a Road and Track product, and it was quite good actually...the physics were far ahead of anything that they've produced since. I'll buy it

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Let's hope they don't just change the skins on the NFS:Underground Fast n Furious and call it quits....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:27 PM   #9
mrzonda
Regular User

i dunno guys, to me that looks like something from the original porsche unleashed. i hope its just me though and it really is a screen shot for a new game
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:29 PM   #10
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Is that where they do the Need for Speed games though?
I know they just opened an EA sports office here in Chicago and the first game they did here was Fight Night 2005
No, they develope the NFS series in the EA Canada HQ in Vancouver. They hire quite a number of people from my school... so if I ask around, maybe one of my friends know someone working on the NFS team. They've been doing lots of expansion throughout the past year and hired few 100's more people.

Personally, I think NFSU is the best game in the whole NFS series. Hopefully they'll come out with a new one with Porsche or other manufacturers (like Ferrari?).
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:02 AM   #11
possessed_beaver
Regular User

im hoping for a PS2 release on this game,

althoe when it's released i will probley still be to busy playing grand turismo 4!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #12
N.J.
Regular User

NFSU & the origional are great.

Like I've said before - based on technology, NFSU wins.

But the origional NFS is my favourite. It was a better all rounded. It was better balanced, plus it had more variety which gave it far more longevity.

ie. The 3 open segmented roads -City/Alpine/Coastal- are STILL the benchmarks. They were real world, not this fantasy volcano crap with cops chasing you around in circles...CRAP! )

The handling was so good that you could FEEL the differences (strengths/weaknesses) between each car unlike all the other NFS's (except PU) that handle like hovercrafts.

ie. 911 = tailhappy , Diablo=Power&awd understeer etc. etc.

I love Porsche, but I'd love to see a modern day Road & Track sequel that stays true to the origional game.
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:08 AM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

Alpine was definetely my favorite track. The terrain changed as you went through the stages, the course was tight and twisty and semi-realistic without any arcade-ish highly banked turns and 8-lane wide roads, and you're absolutely right N.J., the cars actually felt significantly different from each other and had characteristics with which their real counterparts were actually endowed. The Porsche was a bit of an oversteerer, esp. when you shut the throttle down mid corner and got that pendulum weight of a rear end moving. The 512TR sounded awesome and had a little of that too, the Diablo was fast and brutish, but a bit of a beast to handle with the amount of understeer dialed into that chassis. The RX7 was nimble and light on its feet as was the NSX and the Supra handled like a tight muscle car (if such a thing can exist hehe) The Viper was decent too...I wish that companies still made games like that for the computer. Here's hoping that the new NFS PU (if there is one) will be true to that.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #14
No.1
Regular User

Hmmm.. forgive my lack of knowledge, but which platform was NFS Porsche Unleashed on ... i can't seem to find it for sale anywhere
Old 12-19-2004, 10:17 AM   #15
is64fun
Regular User

WOWWWWWWWWWw at last. i hope this is true. a lot of people missed to play a real racing game

Some draws a car only. some, adds style and passion into it!
is64fun is offline   Reply With Quote