Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
A bunch of people have C5R engined street cars. The C5R block is the basis for most good 422/427/434ci C5's.
There in some camaros too. This I know. The engine costs around 28000 though. Definitly not my price range. But anyway, we were talking about limited edition corvettes that sold. No one mentioned street legal.
Sure..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #32
graywolf624
Regular User

Sure..
I priced it all out. It helps to know the guys at gmmg. (they use a variation of the c5-r block which isn't the same as the one gm will sell you). Actually I got my extra wheels from gmmg. I have the stock wheels off of zl1 super car chasis number 32. It is a great place to pick up camaro ss takeoffs. Kind of ironic. I know most of the big players in the auto market who do things around atlanta, but I couldn't even find you a speed shop in philadelphia(which is where I am at the moment).
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #33
ludwig14
Regular User

any one have pix or any idea if the body is on the 04 or the 05 chassi
ludwig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:16 PM   #34
graywolf624
Regular User

It is juat a rumour. That being said it would be on the c6 chasis if it were made.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

It is juat a rumour. That being said it would be on the c6 chasis if it were made.
..and not the C6 Coupe chassis either - the much rumoured aluminium C6 Z06 chassis would be the minimum starting point...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #36
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

"because chevy doesn't have the international racing recognition that ford built for itself in the '60s.
"
No, instead they have more recent international racing recognition with the corvette name. Lemans, Nascar-which is sadly more popular in the US then anything else, IROC, american lemans (which Im watching at the moment), many others.

As much as I hate nascar, if I had the choice in the us of which series to run a car in to push my car to american buyers.. that would be the choice.

rd, I think it will; it seems to have brought a lot of good attention to Ford, but you never know.
I disagree here too. Most people outside of the car enthusiast groups don't even know what the gt40 is. The car enthusiast is a niche market sadly. As clarkson said in his review... people asked if it was a ferrari. :roll:

yup C5-R took sebring, CTS-V Destroyed its class and is now being heavily restricted, revs down 500RPM, air intake 30% smaller, 200LB weight, some other things 2.
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #37
gtx28
Regular User

I don't think Chevy would sell many ~$130,000 Corvettes (same price range as Ford GT) no matter how fast they were. Fact is there probably aren't many people willing to pay that much for a Corvette, it is a pretty common car...not something you could imagine paying 130K for, even if it was hugely fast.
Lol how you think folks like callaway have stayed in business for so long, if there was no money in it people would have stoped long ago, but its like RC said earlier, the vette is an auto that an average man could afford, and it can compete with the worlds supercars.[/quote]
gtx28 is offline   Reply With Quote