Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Dubai
Regular User

Thumbs down Saw Nothing Much - Geneva MotorShow!

Compared to Frankfurt MotorShow, it was a waist of time and effort for me. I am not so sure what I was looking for, but the wow factor was not there.

The Show was not ready for the Media, I was walking around, triping over cables and un-fixed red carpets. Most cars were covered, so it does not get dust/dirt from their next door competitor who is putting up his fake Foam Mountain!

Anyway, with my frustration and disappointment vanished as I saw some snow for the first time in my life. Somewhere north of Geneva, in the france territories. Driving my SixT rent a car, BMW 320i Diesel, Quite amazing experience..

Here is my Photos from Todays 1 hr trip in Geneva Motor Show

Let me know what you think of Geneva Motor Show? Which is the best? Frankfurt, Detroit, Japan? or Maybe Dubai

Omran
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

It looks like you went a day or two too early. Still, it must be better than 90% of motor shows. I mean Tokyo's full of wacked out Japanese crap. Geneva's so much more glamourous. (when it's ready, I guess)

I can't speak for Detroit or Frankfurt, but Los Angeles is pretty interesting, although they screwed up their schedule. Anyways, LA was one of 3 places Bugatti officially decided to bring the Veyron, so it's pretty good.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Carbodiox
Regular User

Dubai u should try skiing, experiance u cannot describe unless u have tried it. Serioulsly.
Funny thing is i would be amused probably in axactly same way if i saw Dubai deserts, palms and temperatures.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Carbodiox
Regular User

Dubai u should try skiing, experiance u cannot describe unless u have tried it. Serioulsly.
Funny thing is i would be amused probably in exactly same way if i saw Dubai deserts, palms and temperatures.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

6 years ago, there wasn't a show on the planet that could top the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) but these days, I think Frankfurt is likely the best show out there.

The thing about Detroit is you will mingle with auto executives from around the world if you are there ~ahem~ early, and have some fascinating conversations.

but the execution at Detroit is about 50-60% of what it was in the early 2000's... a sign, i fear, of what is to come in the next decade from the world's auto makers.

thanks for the pics
Old 03-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
enzoferrari
Regular User

Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
styla21
Regular User

Bummer that the show didn't turn it on for you.. Will you go back to see some of the cars that were still under wraps?

Originally Posted by Dubai View Post
Let me know what you think of Geneva Motor Show? Which is the best? Frankfurt, Detroit, Japan? or Maybe Dubai
I'm heading over to your part of the world on Wednesday for the Dubai boat show.. That will be the one to see!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #8
Dubai
Regular User

I am in to boats these day. But not buying!
Enjoy the city, let me know if you have any questions...
& stay away from traffic...
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote