Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Brad Renfro
who in the hell is that?? was he a "B" actor?

Last edited by xbeakerx; 01-24-2008 at 01:57 AM.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
who in the heel is that?? was he a "B" actor?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000605/
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
Vansquish
Regular User

Very sad indeed...and quite a shock. Heath never really struck me as one of the druggies in the industry (prescription or otherwise), but I suppose anything may be possible. It will definitely be odd knowing that his last film will be posthumously released. RIP.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...&itemId=122591

RIP Heath, I thought it was a very talented actor.. But when you look at this video from The Daily Show (May 16, 2001), is it just me or does he look very nervous or something like that? He seems very restless or something like that to me..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #20
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
who in the heel is that?? was he a "B" actor?
Do drugs all you like, just don't make out you are an ambassador.

It was a harsh comment, all my aussie mates on FB have themselves in a proper twst about it.

Sorry.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #21
a007apl
Regular User

The last job, Dark Knights!!!
He uses drugs for sleep becuase the "Jocker" its a strange work.
The movie its the mad for that guy, now he not more between us.
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #22
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
It was a harsh comment, all my aussie mates on FB have themselves in a proper twst about it.

Sorry.
FB?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:03 AM   #23
coloradosilver
Regular User

Sad, but no sympathy here.

I realize that drug addiction is a serious issue, but when you do it to yourself......I'm more upset about the future movies that won't be made for our entertainment with Heath than I am about him killing himself. If he were murdered or the death was not his own fault, that would be a totally different story.

I'm so sick of hearing about all of the rich pampered Hollywood actors that have money, friends, and anything else they want and still turning to drugs and the we all feel so bad for them.

Many die every day that aren't famous and there is never a mention of those people who most likely contribute more to society and the betterment of the world than most of these Hollywood druggies ever do.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the rich actors who are in and out of rehab and them end up killing themselves.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 AM   #24
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
Do drugs all you like, just don't make out you are an ambassador.

Sorry.

i wasnt talking about heath. i was talking about that brad guy.

yeah its tragic. i'm sure they will do a "in memory of" at the end of DK.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #25
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver View Post
Sad, but no sympathy here.

I realize that drug addiction is a serious issue, but when you do it to yourself......I'm more upset about the future movies that won't be made for our entertainment with Heath than I am about him killing himself. If he were murdered or the death was not his own fault, that would be a totally different story.

I'm so sick of hearing about all of the rich pampered Hollywood actors that have money, friends, and anything else they want and still turning to drugs and the we all feel so bad for them.

Many die every day that aren't famous and there is never a mention of those people who most likely contribute more to society and the betterment of the world than most of these Hollywood druggies ever do.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the rich actors who are in and out of rehab and them end up killing themselves.
Mate, what?

There is NO evidence of any illicit drug use in relation to Heath, whatsoever. All evidence points toward prescription and over the counter sleeping tablets. There was a $20 bill found near his bed, that forensics have now publicly stated contained no traces of drugs.

Heath was pro-life, anti-war, and was an activist for good purposes and actually used his celebrity for good causes.

I would not normally care about celebrity b.s, but in discussing the death of somebody and stating "I have no sympathy" seems... well, wrong?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #26
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
Mate, what?

There is NO evidence of any illicit drug use in relation to Heath, whatsoever. All evidence points toward prescription and over the counter sleeping tablets. There was a $20 bill found near his bed, that forensics have now publicly stated contained no traces of drugs.

Heath was pro-life, anti-war, and was an activist for good purposes and actually used his celebrity for good causes.

I would not normally care about celebrity b.s, but in discussing the death of somebody and stating "I have no sympathy" seems... well, wrong?
As you said: "Heath was pro-life, anti-war, and was an activist for good purposes and actually used his celebrity for good causes."

So thats all fine and well. My point was not directed directly at Heath, but the point of it making headlines and everyone going crazy about it when, in reality, he is no better than many others that die every day that aren't celebrities that get no recognition.

Just another person, nobody special. A celebrity, yes. But not deserving of the fuss everyone's making.

I didn't say that it wasn't sad, just that I have no sympathy for people that do this to themselves by overdosing on drugs. And YES sleeping tablets are drugs just as alcohol and cigarettes are also drugs.

Any foreign substance that artificially alters the human physiology or conciousness is a drug.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #27
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver View Post
Any foreign substance that artificially alters the human physiology or conciousness is a drug.
Scientology would love you!

Silver, most people don't have the foresight or knowledge to assume that popping a humble sleeping tablet will kill them. Despite your points legitimacy (not for debate here); making this point at somebody's passing away is not cool.

You also said you 'have no sympathy'. I would hate to cross you!
Cold, man..