Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

View Poll Results: Which of the big 3 is best??
GMC/Chevrolet 0 0%
Ford/Mercury 0 0%
Mopar (Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler) 0 0%
Other Manufacturer (from the 60s) 0 0%
268 100.00%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2004, 01:21 PM   #31
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

Gotta be a Mopar!!!
Mopar or no Car!! hahaha, but really, i love all the classic mopar muscle cars much more than any other muscle cars. they looked absolutely gorgeous (the 68 charger) and they had the engines to back it up.
chevelles look like hatchbacks to me, the camaros are nice, and the vettes are way over-touted.
ford torinos didnt look bad, but no ford muscle has ever caught my attention.after the first gen. stangs, they started to turn absolutely hideous. the fox-bodies were when stangs began to look a little bit better....
Old 02-11-2004, 02:29 PM   #32
nthfinity
Regular User

Just trying to learn whats the big deal with the hemi. I kind of see the new hemi push as a marketing scheme, though I understand the significance of the original engine
i agree, greywolf.... it puts out a decent amount of power, and torque. but it is not even designed similar, but w/fuel injection to the orginal.
my vote goes to Ford. although thier reliability in the.. ahem, 96-2000 was quite regretable, they have since attempted to set the blue oval as second do none (toyota in this case) in reliability. its in that department that NO cutbacks have been made, and the results are showing themselves now. a second reason ill go with Ford is they are the only manufacturer of an Affordable V8. i pray the T/A, and Camero will come back soon...
Old 02-24-2004, 02:31 PM   #33
ibetipsy
Regular User

LOOK STOCK HEMIS ROCK. mind u this is coming from a HEMI fan. But honestly i do not think that there is a V8 thats sounds better than the 345hp Hemi. Ive drive a ZO6 and a C5 auto and even those cars are so fast and purely impressive cars the engines dont sound as good. Even though there are debates about whether or not the sounds are artifical it doesnt matter the combination of the intake howl and exhaust are original and irreplaceable. so my vote is MOPAR. i will be honest i was FORD FAN (i loved the 2001 mustang COBRA), but somethingabout the torque of the hemi eh thats my biased opinion