Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-14-2004, 04:34 AM   #16
S.A
Regular User

I think that the new Corvette is more Corvete than ever before in the last years. THey have took the "Cocacola" side line again to the car, which is absolutely great!!!
I like this car really, nice to see the good oldtimes coming back........
And then there is the engine, ou jes, the engine....About 6 litre...which I think is good thing and around 400 horse power seems good. The torgue is around 550Nm. So it should be fast, atleast faster than the previous Corvette?
( www.supercars.net).

BUT, still they should do something very very rare....like....427cid or biger big block in side the bonnet and put there around 600 horse power and plenty of torgue...I think that there could be byers for that car..... or is there?
S.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

The LS2 (the C6 engine) is rated at about 400hp/400ftlb, vs the LS1 rating of 350hp/360ftlb.

The first series LS6 (as I have in my car) is 385hp/385ftlb, the second series LS6 is 405hp/400ftlb - that puts the new C6 at about the current Z06 spec.

The new C6 also weighs about the same as the current Z06 - so performance would be very close.

Let's hope the LS7 makes good on the 450+ promise.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:59 PM   #18
Maverick7K
Regular User

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=7638

Here is Car and Driver's take

Definitely will be a sweet car, can't wait until the z06 version comes out next year

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
-George Carlin
Maverick7K is offline   Reply With Quote