Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 10-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
komotar
Regular User

Default Some of the cars I drove in the past month - 5

First up the 206CC.

A decen't car. Sporty character. It had a diesel engine. 109hp. A nice little engine. It drives fairly well, as I said, sporty character, suspension on the stiffer side. Levels of grip are totally adequate for the ocasional fast driving.

Now the bad things. I had an irresistable urge to explain to people standing at the traffic lights that the car isn't mine. It just suits women better. I felt funny and strange and I didn't like it. That's all I'll say.
The sitting position is HORRIBLE, like in every other 206. I don't know, is it the age showing (the car's, not mine ), but If my hand's were in the right position, my legs were squeezed and the other and if the legs were ok, my hands could barely reach the wheel.

Feels dated inside. The gearbox is not precise and just bad.

Fiat Multipla. The car has character. Lot's of it, but that's it. Well, it's practical, spacey and strangley, it's wierd shapes attract people.

The suspension sucks big time. It's better to stay on roads with no bends or go really slow, when you approach one. I warned you....

Fun car started loving it after a while

The Astra 1.3 Diesel. I like all the Astra's. Nice looks and good build quality. Ride not bad either. The engine is a bit underpowered, but it does it's job if you're not a racer at heart.

The S60 D. Broke down 3 times in a week. Always the same problem. The pipe leading into the turbo broke. After the second time they put in a brand new one, from the car in the shop and it wen't again. And it broke again. Later we found out that it was all the computer's fault.....strange.

And guess what, we got the XC90 two day's ago and the same thing happened to it today. 4 failures in 2 weeks by Volvo. Funny.

The seats are SUPERB. The music system perfect. The engine pulls well and the ride comfort is on a very high level.

The passat 2.0 FSI

It has been ages since I have driven a VW with a petrol engine.

Good engine. Good car. Great build quality. But lack's soul. But it's getting better.

Random photo of the cars in the office.

Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci

Interesting, how the 136hp engine pulls strong! The car jumps from the start line like there is no tomorrow. The suspension set up is hard and comfortable at the same time. The cornering speeds I could acheeve with this car were suprisingly high. I love this car. And I even got past the new shape.

My second night shoot. I decided I'll have one night photoshoot in every mag.

The Ford Fiesta ST. My new favourite car. 150hp. The engine could have just a little more punch to it. But boy does the handling make up for it. The suspension is just so perfect. It wirks great together with all the other parts.

You just turn the steering wheel and go. You can place the car ANYWHERE you wan't. The hand brake connet's you to the other dimension of fun. The response of the wheel is just right.......well, maybe it could be just a little bit sharper, but not much. The grip lasts and lasts, on good roads of course. If you lift of the car get's tail happy

High speed corners are a joy to do in this car. You know exactly where the car will go, how it will respond. Ford really knows how to make a car handle.
Probably my favourite car in a long time. The colour suits it perfect. The seats are very good they held my 85kg's well in the corners.

I was taking pics thw whole day today. This car really is a toy to have. The back seats are not something I will compliment, but who cares. With a handling like that...............

It's parked in front of my house right now, and when I'll finish writting this, I'll go for a spin... 8)

The action shot's are not the best because I had some problems with the camers setings , but if anybody will wan't any of the Fiesta pics in 1600-1200 resolution let me know.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

yes i have
sounds like a fun car...and the pics of it are pretty good too, not as bad as you said...the 1 in ur sig is awesome 8)
Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
yes i have
sounds like a fun car...and the pics of it are pretty good too, not as bad as you said...the 1 in ur sig is awesome 8)
the pic in my sig is the one in the third one in the third row from the bottom, the 4th pic. Just did a bit of cropping and added colour and contrast......

Old 10-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

haha komotar is becoming a rally driver??? it looks really fun but too bad there are none in the US but the 150hp seems kind of weak but im guessing there are performance parts for it?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
Wutputt
Regular User

The little Fiesta seems like a lot of fun. You apparently enjoyed going sideways with it My favourite pics are the ones of the Focus Estate on the ramp of the underground car park.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
haha komotar is becoming a rally driver??? it looks really fun but too bad there are none in the US but the 150hp seems kind of weak but im guessing there are performance parts for it?
It doesn't weight 2 tons
Maybe with 200 bhp it would be faster, but 150 bhp in this little car is enough for some good old fashion fun if the chassis is well sorted out.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
It doesn't weight 2 tons
Maybe with 200 bhp it would be faster, but 150 bhp in this little car is enough for some good old fashion fun if the chassis is well sorted out.
hehe i havnt driven too many cars and mostly all of them have been large sedans so im used to the heavy weight so when i drove a 140hp Camry i thought it was really weak
Old 10-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

Theres NO doubt that you enjoyed Fiesta

Thanx alot for review and pics Komotar

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Nice report as always! Kinda obvious the Fiesta was your fav considering the amount of pics posted must be a funny car! Nice action shots! Well done also for the Astra break!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #10
MIHALS
Regular User

realy nice review Komotar - thanx!!!
as you wrote, it seems like the small fiesta puts the other cars to the dust

great action pics man!! and those with nearly black clouds :shock: - beautifull photoshoot!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #11
dingo
Regular User

Awesome action shots of the Fiesta, my grandma has one (the lower power version though) - wonder if she drives like that?

So how many times did you lose it in the Fiesta to get those pics, be honest?

Thanks for the report.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #12
Daggernite
Regular User

Great!!! I cant thank you enough for the Fiesta ST shots. Its one of my favourite cars at the momment, even considering getting one. I have searched high and low on the net and not found hardly any decent pics of the ST. So im very greatful indeed.

EDIT- Just saved all the ST pics, this has to be one of my favourite threads.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #13
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Awesome action shots of the Fiesta, my grandma has one (the lower power version though) - wonder if she drives like that?

So how many times did you lose it in the Fiesta to get those pics, be honest?

Thanks for the report.

To be honest, I never lost it. And on most of those pics, it's my cousin driving. The only guy I ask to do these kind of things.... I was taking pics 8)

I did that corner about 7,8 times and he did it about 7 times.

Nobody ever lost it...

It was close one time, but everything was still under controll.

The car gives you so much feedback about all that's happening.....

Old 10-23-2005, 04:35 AM   #14
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Great!!! I cant thank you enough for the Fiesta ST shots. Its one of my favourite cars at the momment, even considering getting one. I have searched high and low on the net and not found hardly any decent pics of the ST. So im very greatful indeed.

EDIT- Just saved all the ST pics, this has to be one of my favourite threads.

Thx, I'm glad you like them.

The ST really is a cool little car. I say go for it 8)

Old 10-23-2005, 04:43 AM   #15
hamlet
Regular User

very good report on the Fiesta

I understand the plaisure you could have had, it remembers me my previous car: a peugeot 106 GTI upgraded to 150bhp and stiffer suspension...just amazing to drive !!

and congratulation for your driving skills...