Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #151
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmwdakias
Here is a pic of the Z06, i hope that any hint of disbilief is now gone. I really like corvettes and i even prefer them from many established european sports cars but i am not gonna say anything more because the topic as you allready mentioned is about the M5 and the F430.

Well - a random picture hardly constitutes proof of anything - besides you tried a backhanded jab basing the video game as proof that the M5 is quicker - and as I made the video I am telling you it was staged the way it was for the purposes of a making a video.

As in the Z06 was driven slower/behind to keep both cars as close to "in frame" as possibe.

So - again, you lobbed a brick and I simply side stepped.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:18 AM   #152
bmwdakias
Regular User

You have to be joiking, i didn't even watch the video and certainly i would never form an opinion according to a game. I was joiking when i said the thing about the bus and the ass and believe me i dont need to show off by telling you bullshit about my brother having a vette. If you need any other proof i would be glad to provide you with it. Aaa and something else, in my family there is also a 1991 ZR-1,1971 stingray convertible and a 1986 C4 convertible. Thats all.Allways glad to give you some pics.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #153
RC45
Regular User

You have to be joiking, i didn't even watch the video and certainly i would never form an opinion according to a game.

I was joiking when i said the thing about the bus and the ass and
In what context would you have been talking then? Unless you just wanyed to trhough some random shit out there.

believe me i dont need to show off by telling you bullshit about my brother having a vette. If you need any other proof i would be glad to provide you with it. Aaa and something else, in my family there is also a 1991 ZR-1,1971 stingray convertible and a 1986 C4 convertible. Thats all.Allways glad to give you some pics.
I wouldn't go bragging too much about Vettes in your family - you are likely to get the rest of the forum all riled up about your families redneck ties.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:21 AM   #154
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You have to be joiking, i didn't even watch the video and certainly i would never form an opinion according to a game.

Well its not exactly a game, its a mediocre simulator. medicore

but frankly I dont give a shit about that vulgar M5, it can beat the Enzo for all I care, its still an ugly saloon, nothing like the old one.....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #155
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

WHOA!!! You said "simulation" in reference to GT4
Old 06-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #156
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

WHOA!!! You said "simulation" in reference to GT4
Well even NFS can handel straight line driving physics when the correct data is plugged in
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:54 AM   #157
bmwdakias
Regular User

I was joiking when i said the thing about the bus and the ass and
In what context would you have been talking then? Unless you just wanyed to trhough some random shit out there.

believe me i dont need to show off by telling you bullshit about my brother having a vette. If you need any other proof i would be glad to provide you with it. Aaa and something else, in my family there is also a 1991 ZR-1,1971 stingray convertible and a 1986 C4 convertible. Thats all.Allways glad to give you some pics.
I wouldn't go bragging too much about Vettes in your family - you are likely to get the rest of the forum all riled up about your families redneck ties.
It is as simple as that, i do believe that the new M5 is a fabulous and technologically advanced car with one of the best engines ever produced. It has one of the fastest sequential gearboxes, it handles, it brakes and it can accomodate 5 passengers offering all the gimmicks and amentities that any person will ever need from a car.So trying to support my opinion on a car like this isn't a hard job, the product sells itself. It is crystal clear, this is the best car in its segment and it can also compete against a Ferrari (a true sports car) which is without doubt very flattering for a 'BUS'. So i dont think i am just throwing shit around, i was just expressing my belief in a colourfull way .

Again what are you talking about? Who is going to get riled up? We are all open minded here and we just happen to like vettes in contrast with many Europeans. I dont think that i should worry for just saying that i like corvettes. Thank you for the friendly warning though

Again people continue saything things like the M5 is ugly etc. I believe that you should get over that, taste is something subjective so i respect your opinion but you are getting tiring and dull.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #158
RC45
Regular User

A couple thigs - first the car will struggle to keep it's poise in the hands of meere mortals with 5 people on board.

Second - the E60 M5 is an ugly arsed pile.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:24 PM   #159
Just_me
Regular User

This thread still alive. Well, I disagree
Old 07-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #160
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me

This thread still alive. Well, I disagree
And that's the energy that keeps the world revolting... I mean revolving..
Old 07-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #161
RC45
Regular User

^^ wasn't the Audi 100/500 Quattro sedan banned from every class of road racing - after they forced them to carry 200kgs+ of ballast....

...becuse the Quattro sedan simply "understeered" it's way to victory against every car even driven...

I hate to side with Big B... but I loved the sound and sight of the 5 cycliner turbo quattro destroying everything in sight
Old 07-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #162
Sir_GT
Regular User

RC45: You're talking about a different era of Audi.

Brembo: FYI, I used to drive an A4 Quattro and a BMW 3-series (our family cars) before I got the 120d.

Also, the Audi that took Pikes Peak was no ordinary Audi. That's just like saying the Audi Le Mans team are directly connected with manufacturing the road cars. They're not. They're the racing arm. I have much respect for Audi in the realms of motorsport. I grew up admiring the original rally-killing Quattro (I still possess my old Tamiya Quattro RC from 1980-something).

But... the Audi road cars are something else. They're rebodied VW's. If Audi eventually starts building bespoke chassis (audi only) for their road cars, then I'll be happy to part with my money for one of their cars. But until then, I'll never be convinced that something which is honestly a VW in a suit is worth as much as a purpose-built BMW or Mercedes.

Also, the poser tag-line doesn't hold. There are posers driving Audi's as well (especially A4 cabrio drivers...crikey). And Merc's, and Honda's, and whatever. There will always be posers regardless of the brand of car.

If there's any criticism that I think holds true with BMW's, it's what the Top Gear crew talked about recently: that BMW's are becoming way too common. I agree wholeheartedly. Thing is, the reason why BMW's are so damn plentiful is because everybody knows it's the most logical brand to buy... because they're just better than every other car for the same amount of money.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #163
Just_me
Regular User

Brembo you're hilarious
Old 07-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #164
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
you are correct there are posers driving most good brands, but BMW got the most of them and you are a good example of it your posts on JW about BMW proves that, and you have indirectly admitted it by your "it looks expensive" comments......
I never said that... I said Audi's look expensive but they aren't.

Besides, I don't even know why you keep pointing out how "a lot" of posers own BMW's as if it was an inferiority representative of the car's engineering. It simply isn't. You're merely trying to find mud to sling because there isn't anything else you can say against BMW's.

There's no shame in admitting that you're favorite brand is inferior to it's rival anyway. My personal favorite brand/car company is Maserati, and I would be the first to admit that their engineering is nowhere near BMW's. That's just facts, and there's no denying it.

Just as it is a fact that Audi's are inferior to BMW's. No shame in admitting it.

Honestly, like I said, I have nothing but respect for Audi when it comes to motorsport, but those cars are far too heavily tweaked to be considered remotely close to their road car counterparts.

The A4 DTM is a perfect example... they use the same chassis, but the modifications are so severe that the race driver is sitting where the rear seats should have been, because the engine was moved so far back to improve the balance.

All you've been saying is that if you modify Audi's enough, it can match BMW.

IF

YOU

MODIFY

AN

AUDI

ENOUGH...

THEN

AND ONLY THEN

...can it match a BMW.

So you can mock Bimmer owners's pride of their 50/50 cars, but the fact remains that as far as buying standard (stock... y'know? without having to modify them?) German cars go, the closest you can get to a proper performance car is a BMW.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #165
Zrated
Regular User

I think it's a biased test. Considering the F430 can accelerate to 100 in like NOTHING, and has near hp and tq of the heavier M5. Sure put a crpa driver in the ferrari and a good driver and the M5 and my bet would be the F430 can't shake him. i SHOULD win the comparo tho not for performance but practicality with the perfromance it offers and the price u pay for it. but all out carnage= ferrari on twisties. I'm surprised anyway and article liket his make me question the validity of autocar.
Zrated is offline   Reply With Quote