Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 12-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #16
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
HAHAHAHA ROFLMYRTFO HAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHA

Bloody fantastic

I have seldom laughed so loud in my life

A couple things come to mind... like WTF was that stupid idiot thinking?

ANYONE with half a brain should know that the stopping distance of any car is diminished on slick/greasy/grimy urban roads and cold tyres... now couple that with a half arsed 1/2/3 (maybe 4th) runup the gears and the fact the driver was not familiar with such speeds and that (and possibly any) car because they never left anywhere enough distance to stop....

...and this on a T-junction street? ROFL

You can bet from just past the camera man the driver was SHITTING himself because the car was already skipping over the tarmac and not slowing as he foolishly expected.

One can hope he loses his license for that bit of STUPID hooliganism.. there is a time and place to show off and be boystrous with your (or anyone's) car - and that was not the place.

Anyone might have stepped off the side walk.. or more scarily he could have T-Boned a bus full of nuns and orphans as he skidded through the intersection.

Lets hope the drivers station wealth doesn't ket him egt away from this onhe.

After the laughter EVERYONE should be as mad as they can be because this idiot is displayignt he type of behaviour that will eventually bring back the 120bhp super car.

I mean he cold dont a quick 1, short shift to 2, short shift to 3..a md then off throttle slowed down before the camera man and been as dangerous and spectacular but no where near as reckless.

The outcome was 100% deserved.

Well Said :good:

This link shows exactly why so many fine exotics have been crashed.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
a007apl
Regular User

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2006...cked-in-smash/
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #18
LEXION
Regular User

Just saw this now, and its definit that the LP640 is CRAP!

Put a damn WING on that car Audi, thats the only way youll gain some control over it......I saw one at Nurburgring with a BIG wing on the back....I think thats the only LP640 left in one piece.....

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM   #19
r2r
Regular User

^^

How can you say that "LP640 is CRAP" when YOU yourself posted a video link showing an imbecile behind the wheel of the LP640 that doesn’t quite know how to handle such a car?

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the LP640, but before you become an engineering expert and start making conclusions realize that there is more then one idiot who can afford to buy cars like the LP640!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
^^

How can you say that "LP640 is CRAP" when YOU yourself posted a video link showing an imbecile behind the wheel of the LP640 that doesn’t quite know how to handle such a car?

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the LP640, but before you become an engineering expert and start making conclusions realize that there is more then one idiot who can afford to buy cars like the LP640!
if you remember.... romanians have this wierd holy-car-owner syndrom; and.... if the car crashes, it must be the car's fault if it isn't a ferrari

~ I am basing that soley on Rammius' postings

as an asside, i have no love of the LP640

no hate of it either... i do think its too heavy.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION
Just saw this now, and its definit that the LP640 is CRAP!

Put a damn WING on that car Audi, thats the only way youll gain some control over it......I saw one at Nurburgring with a BIG wing on the back....I think thats the only LP640 left in one piece.....
Well - we don't know if the bus ran into the Lambo or not ...

BUt lest assume it was the Lambos fault...

The car doesn't need a wing - the drivers need to get some brains.

My car only produces about 490bhp - which is about 430rwhp.. and weighs 3080lbs... it will do 0-60 in 4s.. and a 1/4mile in about 12s at about 118mph.. That means you are going 70mph just after you cross the other side of a traffic light/intersection - leave your foot in it for another 4 seconds and you are going over 100mph.. all before you are the next cross walk. These are deadly and frighteningly quick speeds in and of themselves - not to mention in traffic when you are showing off.

The speed numbers are so academic and easy to achieve these days, people don't realize just how quick modern sports cars are.

The LP640 has over 600bhp - thats over 500whp.. so things happen even quicker.

When you are driving such a rocket ship in traffic, unless you are prepared for it, the velocity with with the car makes forward progress is awe-inspiring and almost mesmerizing... so if you are a) showing off, b) drunk or just plain dimwitted and slow to respond you can easily go quicker that you thought you were going.

Now couple this with other traffic and the fact you may try change lanes and then stay on the gas you end up like the New York CGT - embedded in a pole.

The slick/slippery city streets can also have you fish tailing before you anticipate it - or worse still you try slam ont he brakes and have little to no braking force as you are on the limit of tyre adhesion (and ABS would just lengthen the stopping distance in that situation anyway).

So we get back to the issue - if someone ese did not run into the Lambo, then the driver is 100% to blame - not the car.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #22
r2r
Regular User

^^
Yet again, well said!

to LEXION: read and learn for future refrence
Old 12-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #23
gobs3z
Regular User

Does Lamborghini at least offer drivers training like Porsche? I can't even comprehend the reason for anyone blaming the car. The driver was speeding down a small residential street, and being in a supercar he should actually be safer in terms of having superior brakes and handling. But if he's able to go beyond the abilities of what a Lambo has, then he is without a doubt to blame.

Think of it this way, if you're going beyond the criteria of the law and you crash, no matter if the car broke or driver error, it is the drivers fault. The law does not abide to the abilites of your vehicle.

On the other hand, if you're on a racetrack and something with the car goes wrong, then there is a serious manufacturing problem but how many of you have heard of Lambos (LP640) having problems on the track?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
On the other hand, if you're on a racetrack and something with the car goes wrong, then there is a serious manufacturing problem
How can you say that?

The car is a street car.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #25
gobs3z
Regular User

On the other hand, if you're on a racetrack and something with the car goes wrong, then there is a serious manufacturing problem
How can you say that?

The car is a street car.
F*** that, have you ever thought that there is a point in the power war where that these "street cars" are getting too powerful for the average rich guy that just wants a lambo. I'm positive you're seeing a rise in street supercar accidents because it's gotten to a point where the power might just be too much without the mandation from companies to give driving lessons. I would totally respect a company for giving manditory driving lessons, reason being, if they don't i have a feeling the government would eventually step in. The LP640 is a rare car and we've already seen a significant amount crash. I think the Enzo's aren't crashing like the LP640 (although we've seen a few) because it's even a rarer car which leaves most owners to not driving them.

Point is, these street cars are getting beyond the point of being a street car. The manufacturers of these cars did not design them to be driven down narrow urban roads, yes they are street cars, but that was not what they were intended for (possibly an empty highway) .

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #26
LEXION
Regular User

hey hey, dont blame everything on the drivers capabilities, remember , Balboni, the Lambo test driver crashed one, now who has more experience with Lambo's than him?????

But what supercar you know, has been in a crash in almost every month since its release?

And yes , the drivers do need some preparing , as we all know, people who afford these cars, dont have time for schools on how to drive them, they only think on how to make MORE money....

I assume that the problem, is with the manevrability, just like the CCX, and thats why I said it needs a WING, to keep somehow control over the back of the car....but beeing a 4WD car...I dont think what else could be done, without the car beeing re-inspected by Lamborghini...

My opinion stays the same, for a car that has a price over 300 000$, it shouldnt be so damn dangerous to drive!!!! Look at the Veyron or the FXX, how many have crashed? thinking that the power of those its way more than on the LP640!

Oh, I never really liked the Lamorghini in general, because they started from tractors and tryed to rrival Ferrari, just for beeing flashy , not for the history or the name they created in motoring!

Cheers

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #27
Mattk
Regular User

I think there's a limit to which we can blame the car. I mean, many supercars are not easy to manage at high speeds. Drivers are ultimately responsible for the safe and lawful operation of their automobiles.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

How can you say that?

The car is a street car.
F*** that, have you ever thought that there is a point in the power war where that these "street cars" are getting too powerful for the average rich guy that just wants a lambo. I'm positive you're seeing a rise in street supercar accidents because it's gotten to a point where the power might just be too much without the mandation from companies to give driving lessons. I would totally respect a company for giving manditory driving lessons, reason being, if they don't i have a feeling the government would eventually step in. The LP640 is a rare car and we've already seen a significant amount crash. I think the Enzo's aren't crashing like the LP640 (although we've seen a few) because it's even a rarer car which leaves most owners to not driving them.

Point is, these street cars are getting beyond the point of being a street car. The manufacturers of these cars did not design them to be driven down narrow urban roads, yes they are street cars, but that was not what they were intended for (possibly an empty highway) .
The LP640 is a street car - period.

Any car, even an F1 can be driven at 30mph in a 30mph zone.. witness how F1 cars are able to drive down pitlane at the speed limit.

Every driver has the choice to "take it easy" on urban streets - some choose not to. This is THEIR problem not the cars.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #29
RC45
Regular User

hey hey, dont blame everything on the drivers capabilities, remember , Balboni, the Lambo test driver crashed one, now who has more experience with Lambo's than him?????
If he crashed the car in a street zone into other traffic while speeding like a crazy fucker then he is to blame - period.

But what supercar you know, has been in a crash in almost every month since its release?
I heard that BMW 3 series and VW Golf's crash every day - bad drivers or bad cars?

And yes , the drivers do need some preparing , as we all know, people who afford these cars, dont have time for schools on how to drive them, they only think on how to make MORE money....
And this somehow excuses them from obeying basic traffic laws in urban areas?

I assume that the problem, is with the manevrability, just like the CCX, and thats why I said it needs a WING, to keep somehow control over the back of the car....but beeing a 4WD car...I dont think what else could be done, without the car beeing re-inspected by Lamborghini...
You assume wrong - in the situations pictured the wing would have made no difference.. you need to be travelling close to 100mph for a wing to produce down force.. and uhm exactly what part of you don't drive 100mph in traffic on closed urban streets is so hard to understand

My opinion stays the same, for a car that has a price over 300 000$, it shouldnt be so damn dangerous to drive!!!! Look at the Veyron or the FXX, how many have crashed? thinking that the power of those its way more than on the LP640!
The car is not dangerous - the drivers are irresponsible.. the cars pictured are on narrow busy urban streets.. what part of this can't you understand?

Have you ever been in a 500hp car? Have you ever experienced how quickly you go if you do not use common sense in traffic?

Oh, I never really liked the Lamorghini in general, because they started from tractors and tryed to rrival Ferrari, just for beeing flashy , not for the history or the name they created in motoring!

Cheers
I guess you ave just defined yourself as a fanboy
Old 12-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #30
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
^ do you really think that with some driving lessons - these fucktards won't drive flat out in 30mph limited-speed zones? it's not the 'driving lessons' but common sense what these people need
Your right, it is common sense which a lot of these drivers lack. But it's obvious that these drivers aren't trained to respect the car, training that Lambo can provide. Training people to respect a car is very much possible, and i would mind it being a criteria from manufacturers that produce cars that make more power then 3 Golf GTI's put together. THe onyl thing that makes these street cars is that they come with an interior and air bags. These are race cars made legal for the street. If an LP640 can lap around a track faster then some race cars of 10 years ago, what takes it out of the league of being a race car? Is it amenities like windows that roll up and down? The performance standard of cars are getting higher whereas i don't think the capabilities of drivers are keeping up with it.