Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-29-2003, 08:24 AM   #151
tekwar
Regular User

yeah its not. i think not many people drive these types of car to work unless they are really some celebrity. I have a friend who would drive a regular sedan to work and keep his other cars for the weekends and holidays. He said he doesnt want his workers and other colleagues to get the wrong impression.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:25 AM   #152
1zippo1
Regular User

A correct business image ... well it depends. I know a man (not well) who owns several computer shops. He has a Ferrari but rarely uses it unless he has to go to meetings and shit like that because that car makes an impression you know. When people see him with his car they think: damn that must be a good business man if he drives such a car.

If you're looking for a good image a jaguar is by most people considered as a "classy" car. But to be honest I don't see you owning a jag... doesn't fit with you. I think a lambo makes a good & cool image at the same time!

About the Gallardo... I really like it and in my oppinion the overtaking of the company by audi is probably a good thing for build quality. And without audi, there probably would never have been a Gallardo because Lamborghini doesn't have the money to devellop so many cars at the same time. The only small setback is the steering wheel ... I think it looks to much like and audi one. The rest of the interior & exterior is just beautifull.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:31 AM   #153
tekwar
Regular User

with all respect to Jabba, i think that anyone driving a exotic sports car will in most cases give an impression that the person is stuck up, possibly showy, etc. traits that you do not want people to think when your a business man. Even if your the nicest person in the world, it can always give the wrong impression. Its sometimes better to be safe than sorry i suppose.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 AM   #154
1zippo1
Regular User

I think it's better to make a strong impression. A lot of people who are jalous may say: he's just bragging with his money. But in the business world you have to stand out of the crowd. A Lambo or Ferrari will make them notice you, and even if they pretend not to, they will. No one can look past such a car. If you play safe all your life long ... you won't get no were. At least that's my oppinion.

here you can see what I mean with the steering wheel, these are pic's of the audi A8:

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:51 AM   #155
st-anger
Regular User

nice job with that vid jabba, thx for that....

how about a Porsche instead of the 328??? would be a nice collection with a Ferrari, Lambo and a Porsche...
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:53 AM   #156
gis
Regular User

i agree with u on that zippo

if sum1 is driving a lambo or a ferrari,people who cant afford them cars will of course think your bragging simply outta jelousy.

at the same time you do make an impression,but to me the sorta impression that you have earned what you have and as jabba has said,his diablo was his "dream" car,he has his dream car now and IMO has the rights to show it off and make whatever impression on people.whether its business or pleasure

nice video aswell jabba and i know this has been said b4,but congrats on achieving your dreams of the diablo.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:53 AM   #157
tekwar
Regular User

I seriously doubt that if you drive a BMW over a Ferrari that it would make you any less successful than someone driving the other car. You dont chose a lawyer or doctor by just looking at what they drive, but looking at their history and background. Sure the car they drive could be sign of their success, but then not always. Alot of rich and successful people are modest and will drive nothing more than a BMW and Mercedes. In the end i guess it depends what industry and business your doing. I think we can make a strong two way arguement both ways. Your points are valid as well. At the end of the day, its the person with the money who decides what they want to do with their cash.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:01 AM   #158
Jabba
Regular User

you are all talking an extreme amount of sense on this subject...however I can quote from personal experience....as I used to run a 355 GTS as my daily driver...

it really comes down to who you want to make the impression on...I found it would really piss my customers off as I was probably "charging" them too much if I could afford a car like that...and could I do them a good deal because I am obvisouly not "short" of money....the same for some staff...if you can afford that car then you can afford to pay me more etc...that is why I have a nice clean perfectly acceptable and appropriate car now for driving to the office...and it never stands out as being over flash or anything...

so for YOUR customers I would say a big NO NO...IMO

however when you are the customer...than I would say a big YES YES...because people take you more seriously it would seem...for instance if I pull into a Ferrari dealership in my bimmer...although the sales staff are not exactly rude...they are not over helpful either....if I arrive in the Diablo...they then have even moved cars for me so that I can park it easier...and I am Immediately offered beverages etc...and "personal" attention...this is especially nice...when its a nice female with big breasts....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #159
Ziploc
Regular User

this is especially nice...when its a nice female with big breasts....
allways a plus
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:19 AM   #160
tekwar
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
.... if I pull into a Ferrari dealership in my bimmer...although the sales staff are not exactly rude...they are not over helpful either....if I arrive in the Diablo...they then have even moved cars for me so that I can park it easier...and I am Immediately offered beverages etc...and "personal" attention...this is especially nice...when its a nice female with big breasts....
very well put jabba, there is no doubt that when you drive a very expensive car to any shop, food place, etc...that you will definitely garner more respect and attention as they know you have money to spend there. Money is power as they say, and a good car is a status symbol of that. I cant count the number of times i have seen what you described above. There was once i went to this bar where they had a Diablo parked outside the entrance, they had barriers errected around it and bouncers around it for good measure, keeping the interested public a safe distance from the car. Not only does this look good for the bar as it shows that they have "respectable" people patronising them, but also it sure attracts the crowd.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #161
Jabba
Regular User

funny as you should say that...I have had rope barriers put around my Ferrari before at a night club...the embarassing thing was however...when I left there were no staff around to remove the barriers...and also everyone was leaving at the same time....I just wanted to get home...so I started moving the barriers out of the way myself...damn did I get some strange looks..."like that guy has got some balls to be stealing that car kinda thing"....anyway it was a great feeling to be beeping everyone to get the fuck out of the way...as they were all heading down towards the car park
Old 07-29-2003, 11:33 AM   #162
leinad111
Regular User

^^^^^nice....................................[/quote]
leinad111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:33 AM   #163
tekwar
Regular User

hah cant imagine seeing that. Having to move the barrier yourself. They must had been understaff or something. I would have probably taught you were drunk or something myself. When I see someone get into this kind of car, the first question that comes to my head is "I wonder who that guy is".....

You should be kind to the drivers around you. A ferrari or Lambo flashing or beeping you from behind is a very intimidating thing. Had the experience once when I was in Malaysia driving towards the Sepang track to attend the Formula 1 GP there a few years back. had a 360 behind me on the highway...when i moved, he overtook me and i lost sight of the car before i could even see his license plate let alone the drivers face....dang that thing was fast.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:39 AM   #164
Jabba
Regular User

it was a very bad night for me...and I am sure if I had had more patience then someone could have been able to help...but I guess they were all busy preventing fights or something...I meant "for the people to get out of the way" not their cars....otherwise I would have run them all over...and damaged the car
Old 07-29-2003, 11:45 AM   #165
tekwar
Regular User

hey if i was working in that club, ill be the first the move the barriers, hoping to get a tip. you probably didnt wait long at all, cause im sure they would have taught the same thing. A damaged ferrari .....hmmm speaking of which i have never seen any pictures or videos of any being damaged in an accident or anything like that. Not to say its cool, but i guess their drivers must be really safe or something.