Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche > Porsche Pictures and Videos

Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Default Eddie bello's 219 mph record@texas mile 2007 update pics of the porsche 18-02-2008

Eddie bello go's 219 mph in a standing mile@texas mile event 2007.
And eddie drove to and from event 2000 mile trip!
The car is a porsche 964 with 1000 hp.
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...los_record.flv
8)

Last edited by pagani; 02-18-2008 at 05:51 PM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
666fast
Regular User

Eddie bello, isn't he the fuckstain that was caught running a chop shop to pay for his drag racing endeavors?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Eddie bello, isn't he the fuckstain that was caught running a chop shop to pay for his drag racing endeavors?
I really don't now it could be the same man.
8)
Old 10-27-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
8)
I believe it is, he used to drag race a 911. Did quite well too, until he was busted with stolen Porsche engines and transmissions inside his shop.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
8)
I believe it is, he used to drag race a 911. Did quite well too, until he was busted with stolen Porsche engines and transmissions inside his shop.
Yep ít's the same man but he is still a legend.
8)
Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Yep ít's the same man but he is still a legend.
8)
No - a legend is not a dishonest cheat.

Hero worship of criminals is never a good thing.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
No - a legend is not a dishonest cheat.

Hero worship of criminals is never a good thing.
I don't judge people i really don't care whit he did before.
He still a legend.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
I don't judge people i really don't care whit he did before.
He still a legend.
Hero worship of criminal enterprise is in no way accepatable, and in the minds of many, a criminal is not a legend.

I will it at that.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Hero worship of criminal enterprise is in no way accepatable, and in the minds of many, a criminal is not a legend.

I will it at that.
Ok we see things dirrent.
He never went to jail for the things he did.
I think he cleaned up his act.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #10
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I will it at that.
"Leave it at that?"

It's true. Criminals don't deserve adoration, no matter how accomplished they were in their specialty. Just look at Michael Vick, (or look him up). He's had a good life until his dog fighting ring was discovered. And his career's probably ruined, and rightfully so, no matter how well he played football, or no matter how much he repents for his wrong doing.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #11
pagani
Regular User

Smile

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
"Leave it at that?"

It's true. Criminals don't deserve adoration, no matter how accomplished they were in their specialty. Just look at Michael Vick, (or look him up). He's had a good life until his dog fighting ring was discovered. And his career's probably ruined, and rightfully so, no matter how well he played football, or no matter how much he repents for his wrong doing.
Leave it at that ok
I still think he is a legend regardless what he did
Old 02-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
madpony
Regular User

Criminal activity aside, I've never heard of the guy before. Tried to wiki him he doesn't have one. Goggled him and found he apparently "made a name for himself" in import drags by driving a Porsche. Hmmm, drag racing a Porsche makes you a legend; so what would drag racing a Lambo or Zonda make you? God? Chuck Norris? When it comes to legends of drag racing I think Eddie Hill myself, but maybe I'm just getting old.
madpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by madpony View Post
Criminal activity aside, I've never heard of the guy before. Tried to wiki him he doesn't have one. Goggled him and found he apparently "made a name for himself" in import drags by driving a Porsche. Hmmm, drag racing a Porsche makes you a legend; so what would drag racing a Lambo or Zonda make you? God? Chuck Norris? When it comes to legends of drag racing I think Eddie Hill myself, but maybe I'm just getting old.
He's pretty well kown in the import street car dragracing scene.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Luxury Car Theft Ring Broken
Three Westchester Men Arrested
Drag Racer Eddie Bello Among Them
Mercedes, Porsches, Lexuses

(WCBS) (NEW YORK) Mar 26, 2001 6:19 pm
There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.
MOUNT VERNON: STOLEN PORSCHE RING A race car driver was among three Mount Vernon businessmen arrested over the weekend on charges related to auto theft, the Westchester County district attorney's office said yesterday. District Attorney Jeanine F. Pirro said Eddie Bello, 35, a drag racer of Porsches, stocked Porsche engine parts with defaced vehicle identification numbers at his auto body shop, while two other repair shop owners had parts and entire cars — including Porsches — that appeared to be stolen. David W. Chen (NYT)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...50C0A9679C8B63

Just because the charges were dropped, doesnt mean he wasnt part of a criminal enterprise, it just menas he made a deal and got away with it.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
"Leave it at that?"

I probably should have type "not leave" it at that..

I feel very strongly about excused criminal acts (especially theft and corruption) just because someone has a name in the public