Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 02-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by nthfinity
WRONG
Not just because you say so... :roll:

the fact is, Jeremy Clarkson is entertainment; nearly EVERYBODY has accepted that a long time ago. I am mearly playing the devils advocate, and finding logical reasons for his actions. .
I know he is entertainment, but he also have valid points and have driven and lived with supercars since almost before you where born wich makes his views on cars more than entertainment...the truth doesnt need to be boring you know....

as to my sources, they are infallable, as they were the guys who made the car, dealt directly with him in his chronic "failures" of his Ford GT, were there to provide a test driver for filming, as well as the car... .

I dont care what or who you SAY they are, its just you saying so.....

For what we know its you pulling crap out your ass....

for christs sake. Where are yours? come to the table when you have something valuable to inject the thread with. I don't see you talking about the behind stories about driving the old RS2, or the backstories behind the various tests of the Audi TT etc. etc. etc..

My what?

So I have to make up sources and talk out of my ass, when a car journalist makes a dvd I dont like the outcome of, like you have done.....Im not that small a person....

I am not trying to discretit him. He has long since done that on his own as far as being a honest journalist... he has long been a guy who changes his mind with the wind, and says one thing while doing another. I have nothing to do with influencing him. That, IMHO is a no brainer. .

LOL after "the god the bad and the ugly" came you have tried your best to discredit him the best pathetic way you can......

I hope the guy stays on the air for a long time yet; and I assume you do as well... in the mean time, why don't you re-watch many of the old comparo's and see what he says, read what he says before you accuse me of discrediting him, nor attempting to discredit me with [b] zero substance [\b] to back up your claim.

I hope he stays on the air for a very long time, but I dont write my post any different just because you dont like what they say...
I did not make one thing up; want pics or STFU? I'll do that later tonight if you wish. Nice job accusing me of making up false stories, but hey; why on earth would I do that? Instead of accusing me of making up stories, why don't you provide evidence that I did not?

I can't believe how below the belt you have gotten. Consider this an end.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
graywolf624
Regular User

I know he is entertainment, but he also have valid points and have driven and lived with supercars since almost before you where born wich makes his views on cars more than entertainment...the truth doesnt need to be boring you know....
Brembo, it isn't that Clarkson is stupid. It is that sometimes he says things that arent true or exagerated just for the television. Great examples include ragging on mustangs while reviewing the v6. Mustangs arent that great imho, but thats like using a vw bug as an example of the best car your beloved vw group can produce. ITs just moronic and done for effect.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #18
racingfreak
Regular User

WOW!!! I did not for one second think that my post would create such controversy!

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
novass
Regular User

I like Clarkson and love Top Gear but I don't view either as the end all, say all in automotive journalism, nor should anyone else IMO. Speaking for myself and I assume others here, I will never buy a car because someone tells me too nor will I not buy one because someone tells me not too. I take all the information given from shows like Top Gear, magazines, test drives, other owners, etc and form my own opinion. If I like something I will buy it, I could care less what someone down the block thinks of it.

I actually find it funny when his biased opinion comes out. Every time he reviews something British, I can almost expect what he is gonna say. "The interior is shit, the engine is shit, it looks like shit.........but......its the best car in the world." Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but I love how he disses a car then promptly follows it up with a "BUT" and says the complete opposite.

That being said, I do think Clarkson has credibility through his experiences and he is a great TV personality, but at the end of the day he is just another opinion and Top Gear is just a TV show. I still love to watch Top Gear and Clarkson's DVDs are always entertaining.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #20
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
I like Clarkson and love Top Gear but I don't view either as the end all, say all in automotive journalism, nor should anyone else IMO. Speaking for myself and I assume others here, I will never buy a car because someone tells me too nor will I not buy one because someone tells me not too. I take all the information given from shows like Top Gear, magazines, test drives, other owners, etc and form my own opinion. If I like something I will buy it, I could care less what someone down the block thinks of it.

I actually find it funny when his biased opinion comes out. Every time he reviews something British, I can almost expect what he is gonna say. "The interior is shit, the engine is shit, it looks like shit.........but......its the best car in the world." Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but I love how he disses a car then promptly follows it up with a "BUT" and says the complete opposite.

That being said, I do think Clarkson has credibility through his experiences and he is a great TV personality, but at the end of the day he is just another opinion and Top Gear is just a TV show. I still love to watch Top Gear and Clarkson's DVDs are always entertaining.
+1

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #21
Hashim11989
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass

x2, I look at Top Gear more like comedy than anything else. Cars are a major part of it, but then again, why wouldnt you buy a car w/ your own common sense. Just my two cents.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
You say you havnt made things up, and this can very well be true but there are no way of knowing as alot of the time when you come stating "the facts" you just say it is so and cant reveal your sources of course it might be so, but its also a great way of just pulling things out of a hat wich suits your agenda......
There is a way of knowing wether or not I made up anything. Find me a single post where I lied, or didn't give the factual information... or better yet, find me an instance [besides the 3 valve mustang GT500 (they were testing the 3 valve head at the time i posted that)] that I have gotten wrong. You can't.

furthermore, I have often mentioned sources (e.g. Kip Ewing, or sometimes others who wish not to be specifically named... christ, some of these guys will have to deal with Jeremy Clarkson in the future you know).

Next, why would I lie? I enjoy Clarkson reviews, and always have. There is no agenda to discredit him; if that is what you see this as, then that is your opinon based on the material I have provided. There is no agenda in the truth. Is there nothing you can bring out that can possibly discredit me... through even now, you are only at slander (think of Rosie accusing Trump of being bankrupt) When in fact you are only out to get me (why?)

I know 3 people in Michigan who have dealt specifically with Jeremy, two of which were during the Ford GT project, and one during the making of Motorworld Detroit (Green 68 GTO convertible found in it).

And pretty much everybody here have noticed the bad mouthing of JC you started after the dvd came out....
did you even watch that DVD? is there entertainment when the guy is giving non stop false entertainment? Yet, as I had mentioned in those DVD threads, that I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't up to par vs. Hot Metal, and Heavan and Hell.

Since I took over the American Muscle forum, you have been out to discredit me; and still yet, you can't provide any single evidence I have lied, streatched the truth, or made up stories. Non stop slander... this is beyond opinion. Somehow, not one of the stories I posted did people find outrageous, and not plausable even; except you, and a few fanboys. Are you a fanboy, or are you simply a biggot, pregudice prick?

Ok maybe you think its below the belt....I cant belive how cusioned your life must have been.... :roll:
And "consider this an end" can anyone say drama queen....
Considering the group we came from, I never expected to have anybody from that group accuse another of anything like that; nor would I expect another from that group to ever lie to another member.

It is as a good friend suddenly telling the world lies about me... and drama? no; again, you are making accusations without backing a single thing up with evidence. Perhaps you take political views personally? I for one know you have spoken behind one member of that group's back to another member... Nice way to continue being a friend, isn't it?

Get a life; make some contacts, get to know people who have more then 1/2 a brain... maybe then too you'll get some back stories on cars, people involved in cars, big stories that have since gone cold... but alas, you haven't... ever. What exactly do you contribute here?

I've gathered a small amount of photo evidence that I know who I say I know, obviously, its a waste of time for the likes of you; but I won't take this slander. I've worked too hard to start making up stories now, in the past, or ever.

SVT/APC chief

Legendary Ford, independant [Caddy 16 concept even] Desinger, Buck Mook

GT engineer, GTX engineer/designer etc. Kip Ewing (you may recognize him from the many Shows about the GT/GTX1)

The man responsible for the 94 Mustang project... and other projects in the works Ben Schwie.
Ford Designer, Peter Horbury's GT
GM Legendary designer Steve Pastiener's car

How would I get access to, and drive these cars?

http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/...n_3%20copy.jpg

How about some direct contact information?

or some of the guys I know in the racing world?

maybe perhaps this guy has had many stories to tell?

Are you still willing to call me out? or are you still just as much a coward to continue accusing me with absolutely ZERO evidence to back your case up.

In the end, it doesn't matter who supports your view, as it is simply wrong.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #23
fabro_s
Regular User

Hey nth, do you have the last picture of the garage in high res?

its pretty damn cool!!, is it a private garage or what?
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s
Hey nth, do you have the last picture of the garage in high res?

its pretty damn cool!!, is it a private garage or what?
Of course. and it is a private collection to one owner

pm me, and i'll see about sending something of nicer resolution to you.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:09 AM   #25
79TA
Regular User

hmm I just wish Clarkson could keep his facts about American V8's straight

ie the "4.6 litre Mustang GT" that he raced against a horse (was actually the dismal 4.0 V6)

in the last episode of top gear he refers to the C6 Corvette as having a 5.7 litre instead of a 6.0. meh

oh well, he still puts on a great show
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #26
racingfreak
Regular User

All the facts you say that clarkson got wrong has to do with american cars right? Well to be honest, I couldnt care less what he says about "AMERICAN V8" cars, as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
Old 02-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #27
ARMAN
Regular User

Man guys its a TV SHOW it HAVE to be entertaining or it will be boring as any other automotive shows around thats why TG has that much of success just compare it to the "honest judging" 5Gear.
Its the wacky comments that Clarkson spit out and twist facts sometimes that are the essence of the show's success.. the way he tell you that that car a total crap but its the one you should buy that all makes it the show it is.
You dont listen to anyone while buying the car but yourself and if you do than its too bad cause any of journalists are biased on certain brand or country of manufacture.
Journalists try hard not to show you they are biased on some car but that is EXACTLY what Clarkson do he will argue and argue and argue wich means he does it opposite way than others

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
graywolf624
Regular User

as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!
Ladies and gentlemen.. exhibit a of someone who doesnt bother to even look at other cars.

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp. ITs actually a common swap to put an ls1 in a m3. In fact that corvette itself is lighter then almost anything bmw makes. The corvette set a blazing nurburing run faster then almost anything made in europe. Its quite telling that your arguing american cars lack by comparing a 70k corvette to a 500k enzo. The corvette is certainly not the best car in the world, but youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #29
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by racingfreak
All the facts you say that clarkson got wrong has to do with american cars right? Well to be honest, I couldnt care less what he says about "AMERICAN V8" cars, as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!
I think some gas just leaked out of my ass that sounded more intelligent than that :roll:

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #30
racingfreak
Regular User

youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.
Just remember one thing, the only place that the corvette is actually cheap is in the US. To import one to Europe almost doubles the cost, so then it is more in the price range of lamborghinis and ferraris, SO OK I'LL SAY THIS: If you live in the US by all means by a corvette, cause its cheap for you and keeps them from being exported to other countries...And the only reason a corvette is cheap is because it is made cheap...the quality on a corvette doesn't even compare to that of a fiat in my opinion, and a fiat is put together with nothing more that a couple of pieces of double sided tape...

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp.
If I cant compare a 500K car with a corvette, how can you compare a 70K corvette with a 40K M3??? Please, out of all the cars I listed you chose the saloon car to compare to your "sports" cars...