Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari > Ferrari Pictures and Videos

Old 06-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Its the Vette drivers that make movies about "I SMOKED A FERRARI"

Quite flattering, you take so much pride in beating a Ferrari you make movies about it lol

Au contraire mon ami - they video tape themselvs al the time - you just never see the "loser reels"
Prove it
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #17
sentra_dude

Ahhahahaha, that Vette sounds badass, a lot better than stock. And who would put an aftermarket exhaust on a CS?! I've heard those at the track and they are freakin loud with the stock exhaust!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:52 PM   #18
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Sod getting a 993, RC, wanna sell?
I keep telling people - this car is like Gixxer of super performance cars.

Costs nothing & goes like stink..

Sure theres a lot to be said for being able to pull up ina Porsche or Ferrari or Lambo - but not many of us will get the chance to own the top of the line form those marques, so you end up settling for a 348 or a 993 etc... and although they can talk the talk (or strike the pose) - those cars just cannot walk the walk in this day and age... so you sit on the sidelines or just bring up the rear of the group on a cruise.

Or - you just say "Fuck it - Betty Sue I's agonna sell the doublewide and buys me a Z06!! " hehe

I have to admit, it's a nice feeling knowing that the only cars you could come across that can seriously whoop your arse are those costing so much you seldom see them and when you do they are on their way to the opera.. --- or modded version of your own kind

Of course if you have the cash you get all three - but as I say - for every chief there 1000,000 of us indians.
I've got an article here in this months Muscle Mustang Fast Ford about street racing in your very own Houston and there seems to be alot of VERY impressive cars stomping your streets and not too many imports (anything non-us) that can match them.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #19
qt50006
Regular User

Ferrari must STOP F1 gears ops:
qt50006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #20
gucom
Regular User

and why is that? if the system works fine, and people want it, why stop it? is it unfair to the others lol anywayz im wondering how a (c6) z06 would do against a 430...
Old 08-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #21
dons5
Regular User

ok that vette isnt even stock u can tell
Old 08-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #22
Shinigami
Regular User

99% of the population would still take that Ferrari, as would I.

Why? Because Ferrari is a legend, which the Vette will never be...
Old 08-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #23
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Bwaaahahahahaahhaahaha Keep on trying :roll: :sleeping:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #24
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami

lol ok

what exactly constitutes a legend? its only been around for 50+ years and has a very strong following among american car enthusiasts. its one of the most recognized names in american performance/racing. its a legend in my book.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:30 AM   #25
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by nurbrun
A Z06 really can beat a CS in a straight line .
Bring on the twisties
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:29 AM   #26
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami

lol ok

what exactly constitutes a legend? its only been around for 50+ years and has a very strong following among american car enthusiasts. its one of the most recognized names in american performance/racing. its a legend in my book.
The Ferrari brand name is recognised the world over.

It has a strong image, a real racing heritage.

The Vette has none of this (people in Europe and Asia absolutely do not give a poop about the car), exactly the reason why the only place it is seen as a legend, is in the states, where cars were bought for their straight line performance. Pushrod engines can only do so much until you realise that there's more to the car then that.

Granted, the new Z06 is (on paper) a really good car. I will not argue against this, and it may very well beat hundreds of other supercars out there, but there is a very good reason why names such as Ferrari have been engrained in the minds of man. The very reason why a Ferrari will always cost more, will always fetch more, and will always be more sought after then the mass produced Vette's.

Ferrari's may not even be the fastest cars in the world, but this doesn't matter much, because the 'supposedly' fastest street legal car in the world (Koenigsegg) is in exactly the same rut as the Vette. It is not revered after in the same way as a Ferrari is. For most people I know, the Egg is just another car, whilst the F cars are not called cars at all, they just go by the brand name of Ferrari.

Just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM   #27
dingo
Regular User

Who cares really, the Ferrari still looks better, sounds better and is probably faster around a track.

Oh and its just "CS", not a 360CS from what Ferrari have published.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #28
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

The Vette has none of this (people in Europe and Asia absolutely do not give a poop about the car), exactly the reason why the only place it is seen as a legend, is in the states, where cars were bought for their straight line performance. Pushrod engines can only do so much until you realise that there's more to the car then that.
you refer to ferrari as if its some kind of automotive god that no other brand can even think to compare to. the vette is much more than a straight line performer and most people are aware of this. its a sports car not just a 1/4 mile dragster and the "old tech" pushrod seems to get the job done so i dont see the problem with it.

The very reason why a Ferrari will always cost more, will always fetch more, and will always be more sought after then the mass produced Vette's.
so because it costs more that means it must be better? i didnt say the vette was more desireable to anybody than a ferrari, what someone likes is just a matter of taste. but to say that ferrari is legend and the vette wont ever be is a pretty bold statement just because a ferrari cost more and uses DOHC instead of "ancient" pushrods.

For most people I know, the Egg is just another car, whilst the F cars are not called cars at all, they just go by the brand name of Ferrari
yea right the "egg" is just another car. might as well be a kia, or a vette, or some other car that isnt a ferrari right? im sure if one pulled up in your driveway you would be drooling all over it just like most everyone else would.

but thats fine of you dont like it, i dont really care if you would want one or not. thats a matter of someones taste and im not here to change your taste in cars. but dont disrespect the vette and act like it cant be compared to the likes of an F car just because its another piece of american garbage.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:12 PM   #29
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Jesus Jigga, calm down. Shinri said it more then once that the Z06 will be a good car, avavable of beating Ferraris, and you're still saying "so because it costs more that means it must be better?"
sorry ops: i didnt mean for my post to sound so angry or anything i guess i need to include more and and 's. but i just thought his post sounded like it was downing on the vette because its not F car material and i got a little fired up.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #30
TeflonTron
Regular User

The 'vette isn't F-Car material, and that's a fact. The Corvette is a Poor man's Ferrari. It may well be fast and powerful, but that doesn't give it "class".
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote