Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 06-20-2005, 04:04 AM   #46
Warfang
Regular User

Originally Posted by 955TT
I want to find a "Viper experience" or some kind of driving school specifically pertaining to the Viper. I will be attending the SRT experience here in town, but you drive all the SRT cars/trucks, not just the Viper.
I can vouch for Skip Barber. Been to a couple of their classes, and well worth every penny. Brought my wife and friendfs on subsequent classes and plan on going to another one by the end of the year. The instructors are top notch.
Warfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #47
955TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by CSedl87
I'll have to keep my eyes out for your Viper...
You here in AZ? Was thinking about going to the Pavillions one of these Saturday nights. I hear it is a regular car show!

Thanks for all your input guys. If I have another issue with the diff, I will just replace it with a Quaife, a lot of Viper guys use them and swear by them. My lovely wife ordered me the Mopar short throw shifter for Father's Day, and I am thinking about adding the cat-back exhaust for a little more rumble. No power adders yet. Honestly, I am a little bit scared of this thing.

Warfgang, thank you for your input on Skip Barber. I spoke with them, and they have a 2-day pro driving class that spends a lot of time in the Viper. I will probably attend in July or August.

My Whips;
http://www.pbuzz.com/showalbum.php?aid=2355&uuid=2213
955TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #48
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by 955TT
Originally Posted by CSedl87
I'll have to keep my eyes out for your Viper...
You here in AZ? Was thinking about going to the Pavillions one of these Saturday nights. I hear it is a regular car show!

Thanks for all your input guys. If I have another issue with the diff, I will just replace it with a Quaife, a lot of Viper guys use them and swear by them. My lovely wife ordered me the Mopar short throw shifter for Father's Day, and I am thinking about adding the cat-back exhaust for a little more rumble. No power adders yet. Honestly, I am a little bit scared of this thing.

Warfgang, thank you for your input on Skip Barber. I spoke with them, and they have a 2-day pro driving class that spends a lot of time in the Viper. I will probably attend in July or August.
Quaifes are amazing diffs I have experienced them in a few different vehicles definitely worth the cash. Who are you looking at for the cat-back? and finally when you go to Skip Barber you better get some nice track pics...
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #49
955TT
Regular User

Yeah, I guess Quaife is working on their '05 diff right now.

So far, I have priced the Mopar cat-back, pretty inexpensive actually. It is a two and a half inch that supposedly deletes the second cat (resonator) and the H-pipe. Dont want the racing exhaust as I wont be emissions legal at that point. I'm gonna check on the Viper boards and see what the other guys are doing.

I will take a ton of pics at Skip Barber, you can bet on that!!!

My Whips;
Old 06-21-2005, 02:38 PM   #50
TransAm
Regular User

Nice car, 955TT. It was a shame to read a bit further into the thread and hear it has broken down already, but I guess these things happen sometimes. As you say, it's all covered by warranty.

Did Dodge lend you a loan vehicle while your Viper is in the shop? I ask because I wonder what they deem a suitable replacement for the Viper and I doubt they have a Viper loaner, right?

BMW tried to give me a Dodge Caravan when my old Z3 needed warranty work. I spun a line with the salesman about wanting a new car and got a Z4 2.5i demo for the day instead...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #51
955TT
Regular User

Thanks, TA2001. Didnt ask them for a loaner due to having the E55 as my daily driver. When I bring her in for the short shifter and exhaust, I will let you know what they give me for a loaner. When I had my Cayenne, the first time, they gave me a Ford Escape, nothing against the vehicle, it just didnt seem "like" as a loaner. Subsequent visits and expressing my opinion on a "like" vehicle, they gave me a BMW325, Cayenne S, and a Jag XJ8 for other visits. Pretty nice loaner cars

Sounds like you scored with the Z4 demo for the day!

My Whips;