Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default 2002 Audi A4 B6 1.8T

Another car joins the family . . .

Last edited by TT; 02-09-2008 at 05:47 PM.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:23 AM   #2
spanky
Regular User

Nice Car ae86! More boost soon?
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:40 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Nice, clean and reliable

Nice pics too!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #4
Zot09
Regular User

Woot!!! Chip that sucker!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:51 AM   #5
r2r
Regular User

Congrats!

The car looks nice and clean, how many miles on it?
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #6
ae86_16v
Regular User

Thanks guys for the comments. Dolphin Grey on Black, Sports Packaged w/ 17" Wheels, Xenon headlamps, Glass Moonroof, Audi Symphony System (Bose), and of course Quattro.

Picked it up for $9k us with 90k miles. That's actually a lot of miles for a 4 year old car, but it was a daily driver that commuted over 100 miles a day to and from work. Complete records and timely maintenance, guy didn't spare anything on the car. So that made the transition a bit easlier. It was actually a few thousand cheaper than market value, the guy needed the money for a house or something he is putting a down payment on. And that made the transistion A LOT easlier .

Condition was very good for the car of its miles, but definitely in accordance to a 4 year old car. Not much dings or dents. Interior is in pretty good condition. Leather was still in very good shape, almost new . But interior quality feels like it is cheaper than the B5 modes. I looked at a few B5s years 2000 and 2001 and it seems like those uses higher quality materials.

Driving impressions: Not bad. Surprisingly comfortable and relaxing. A lot more isolated than my E36 M3. Of course it comes at the cost of being a bit "dis-engaging" when driven, but nevertheless not bad. I liked it. Quattro always gives you the sure planted foot, definitely feel it when coming out of turns, it just pulls you out.

The 1.8T doesn't have the torque, nor much top end. But it is preppy. Keep it in the boost range of above 3k rpm and it works fine, just a bit revvy for normal day to day driving though. If you don't get on it, I managed 30mpgs . That kind of mileage I could only hope for in my M3. And in regards to the mods, I think I am going to take it easy on this one, as the old saying goes "The candle that burns twice as bright, only burns half as long" .

Oh yeah, another note, the BOSE system sounds amazing! I always thought BMW did a pretty good job with their Harmon Kardon, but the Bose puts it to shame.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Bastard!

Nice looking ride and not a bad price either Can't go wrong with bargain cars So i take it this is going to be taking the place of your E30 as commuter mule?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote