Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
KieV
Regular User

Default About the Noble M12

Is it true that you can buy the car without the motor? And if so, how much is it? I'm so in love with that car!
KieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
asthenia
Regular User

Me too. I don't think you can though, unfortunately.
asthenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
Hawk
Regular User

In america you can buy the car and install whatever engine you want. Its around 40k.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:16 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

hawk is quite right... i dont remember the website, but its advertised in the DuPont registry for luxury vehicles w/o its TT v6. it maintains its suspension setup, so it may need to be tuned if you were to put a lighter, or heavier engine in... im not sure if you get the tranny or not?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #5
Chingachgook
Regular User

Why buy it with the normal V6 twin turbo?you may affect his great balance. That engine is kìlight, very powerful and full of torque without turbo lag.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #6
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Yep, let it be just the way they made it,
messing with the car will I think only result in unhappy events

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
ibetipsy
Regular User

the way i understand this is that the noble can come into the states as a kit car (because it doesnt have a engine) and can be sold. the system of logic would be that either the engine, or if its lacking an airbag or some other safety feature, etc that selling the engine could be away to side step it. EH i would love to get it either way.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:51 AM   #8
yellow_rice
Regular User

yea but don't forget that Kiev is from CANADA. A country where the importing customs are slightly different. I've seen a guy in the city with the Ultima kit car. i'm sure all the parts of a Noble M12 can make it through as well. And yea, don't modifiy the car with another engine ur something, it usually tuRns into bad results.
yellow_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:03 AM   #9
altezza
Regular User

http://www.riv.ca/

check out this site before you try to import this car into Canada
Old 02-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #10
yellow_rice
Regular User

hey coool, i've been looking for this.
yellow_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:17 PM   #11
Tomerville
Regular User

Check in the back of any Car and Driver or Road and Track for they have an advertisment for the Noble w/o tranny nor motor for about $40k.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:04 PM   #12
cavallino
Regular User

Ya they are selling in the back of the Road & Track magazine. It doesn't come with the original engine though. I think they're selling it with a Ford 2.0L V6 engine.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
StanAE86
Regular User

The exclusive US importer is 1G, and I think the price was more into the $50k region without engine or drivetrain:

"The Noble M12 is now available for sale in the United States exclusively from 1g Racing. The rolling chassis' are shipped directly from the manufacturing facility in Port Elizabeth, South Africa to our premises without engine and transmission. This is the same manner Noble UK receives the chassis. The Noble M12 will be sold in limited quantities as a component rolling chassis* only. These units come factory assembled, painted, upholstered, fully instrumented with brakes, suspension, exhaust, wheels, and tires ready to accept your drivetrain. The engine/transaxle is to be installed by the buyer or at the buyer's direction by an independent contractor. Although 1g Racing does not provide drivetrain, there are a number of race engine builders that can supply an engine/transaxle package. Upon request a comprehensive and detailed installation manual can be made available.

Noble Cars UK has recently upgraded to a 3.0-liter 352 hp version for even more astonishing performance. This is the same Ford Duratec aluminum block V6 engine currently used in the Mazda 6, Lincoln LS, Jaguar X-Type and Ford Escape with the addition of twin turbo induction and slight engine mods. With this drivetrain the Noble GTO-3R is capable of going 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 0-100mph in 8.8 seconds, a quarter mile in 11.9 seconds, and has a lateral grip of 1.156g with street tires."

More good stuff here: http://www.1gracing.com/

I don't know much about "kit" cars, but I'm wondering if it would be street legal with that motor, since it wasn't stock on any production car in the US? I'm referring to after the addition of two turbos of course. Nobody would want an M12 that did 0-60 in 7 seconds with the stock motor.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:12 PM   #14
StanAE86
Regular User

Just checked out the pictures on the website...in typical DOT form, they had to go mess with everything. The US car's rear taillights look like a freaking Geo Storm. I don't get why they can't just leave good enough alone...Euro cars look like they get yellow colored blinkers with square reverse lights while the US gets red blinkers and a long strip-reverse light. Go figure. Wonder what else DOT had to screw with.