Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 10-01-2006, 04:07 AM   #121
c0wb0y007
Regular User

TT,

That 964 C4 looks stunning, to my mind it is one of the most beautiful 911's ever produced. I don't have any problems with the newer models at all, but I'm a huge fan of those where the headlights are standing up straight :good: But that's not all. When it comes to the back of car, I like how (allow me to call it) "backlights" runs over the entire back of the car. So, for me this car has all the goodies and "likies" I prefer 8)

And for as far I'm concerned, I think that that 4wheel drive system will serve you well once it starts snowing in the Swiss mountains.

Just like with your 944, I wish you the best of luck with this one. May they live a long and dentless life :good:

Cheers
And I watch 'em roll away again
Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

http://www.emotionworkshop.org
http://www.stunningnikon.com/
http://www.nikon.co.uk
http://www.sportsshooter.com
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
c0wb0y007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:52 AM   #122
TT
Regular User

Some proper pics of the 964 finally

Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 AM   #123
1zippo1
Regular User

Nice pics TT!! That's quite a pair to match.

I haven't congratulated you on the 964 yet, so congrats mate!! That's a superb choice. Any 911 is something very unique IMO!!

I do wonder how the fuck you managed to pull it off to buy two Porsche so soon after each other!!!

good luck with them (read: hope you don't have to pay more for them in the garage then you did buying them)

when you have the time, make a 964 in car video on some Swiss mountain roads!! I think a lot of us would like that.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:52 AM   #124
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

TT, :arrow: 0X 8)

I always knew i was special (well.. mom told me.. ).. but psychic
Originally Posted by Erez
..the first porsche of many..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #125
TT
Regular User

Never posted the garage as it is now, weird... here it is:

The two white ladies go pretty well together. Too bad for a friend's Audi 80 who uses the free spot we have. Needless to say that when I'll find a proper white car to put there, the Audi will have to find another parking

Actually, about a new car, to be honest various options are in the work but needless to talk too much about them untill one will be finalized IMO.

But I'd like to have some feedback about this thought I had: I won't hide the next car has to be a 911, could be newer or older than the 964, must be white. That said, having two cars is ok, having three is what I'd call a mini collection, and a collection IMO must have a theme, needs to make sense. Don't you agree?
I mean, when we are asked to post out top 10 garage the results are usually not that pretty.. to put a Miura beside a CGT and a Brabus S is totally wrong if you are following me.
It's like dressing with your fav suit, your fav tie and fav shoes and realize they just don't go together. Buying cars we like without considering the other ones sharing the same shed could end up in a mess. Maybe I am just paranoid, but what I am saying is that, beside the white color and Porsche badge, would the S2 have its place between two 911?
It's without a shade of a doubt, IMO, much funnier to drive than any 911 and one of the best balancer cars I ever put my hands on. it's in mint condition and with some sensible km behind its back and yet, I am wondering if I shouldn't maybe aim at a 911 lineup (pre watercooled engines, that's a must).

Inputs? The simple idea of parting from the 944 makes me sad, but I have to consider this option being a maniac
Old 10-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #126
pitfield
Regular User

I would keep the 944 swap the 964 for something a little older, maybe a 3.2 Carrera in Carrera White.

Shame about the Audi, but looks like you have a very high ceiling in there, it would be cool, when you have a 997GT3 to go in there too, to have 2 cars on 2 ramps and 2 underneath.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #127
gucom
Regular User

aww TT plz dont! i love the 944, its so understated and classy, nothing bad of the 964 ofcourse, but the 944 is just such a nice car also from being something else than a 911. BTW no chance of a white '90 porsche 928? that'd complete the '90 model line-up, which would be a proper theme wouldn't it? and after that you can start a new theme if you make enough money...

BTW many people consider the 928 as 1 of the finest porsches ever made, it was an amazing cruiser, technologically WAAAAY ahead of its time, and in styling too (the styling of the updated 928's ('87 and onwards) would've been nicely up to date 10 years later...)

[edit] lol pitfield likes thinking big obviously 8) a 997 GT3 lol, why not
Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #128
TT
Regular User

Considered the 928 option for the '90 theme LOL, just forgot to post about it.

I even tried to find a fucking white 928 with no success so far, but despite everything, I love the 911 so much that having the 964 only doesn't seem enough LOL.

Of course having two separate collections with two different themese would be perfect, but for now I can't.

Also, forgot to mention there is a 2 wheel project in the works too, the make and model is pretty much finalized but not the year, and probably to find the right one I'll need some time, but definitely should look good somewhere in there

Originally Posted by pitfield
I would keep the 944 swap the 964 for something a little older, maybe a 3.2 Carrera in Carrera White.

Shame about the Audi, but looks like you have a very high ceiling in there, it would be cool, when you have a 997GT3 to go in there too, to have 2 cars on 2 ramps and 2 underneath.
The 964 is definitely staying and the target is to have three cars. Also, the 997 GT3 is out of reach for now, but even if it would be a realistic option, I'd prefer to stick to air cooled Porsches for now
Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #129
topgeartom
Regular User

Ive always fancied a 968 on cup wheels
Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #130
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Wow TT, you sure are turning into a porsche mad man..

I think you'll regret getting rid of the 944.. If anything keep it as a track car or just an every day car. The 944 doesnt hold its value as good as a 911 right?

With the recent 993 posts, I can't help but mention waiting to find a nice white 993! That would definitely complete the trio.. until you can afford another ;P
Old 10-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #131
TT
Regular User

Well, the 944 dropped already so much that even selling it, I won't loose a cent, I am pretty much sure, with some effort I could sell it for more than what I paid, and without investing money in it.

But I am pretty happy to see the first reactions seem to be pro-944 afterall.

Maybe afterall the white and Porsche themes are strong enough to make sense
Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #132
dingo
Regular User

Anything that is white and has a Porsche badge fits in, who cares if it is a 911 or not.

WHite 993 Carrera S should be next, hot car!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #133
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
^ agree...

Who cares if it has the engine in the 'wrong' place - the 944 is still a Porsche afterall... and is white!

Now start looking for a white 993 Cabrio... that would be a nice addition since you don't have any open-top 911 yet
Nice idea!

Im expecting a TT Porsche Donating Month now
Old 10-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #134
TT
Regular User

^ agree...

Who cares if it has the engine in the 'wrong' place - the 944 is still a Porsche afterall... and is white!

Now start looking for a white 993 Cabrio... that would be a nice addition since you don't have any open-top 911 yet
Don't want to hurt anybody, but I want cars in my garage and a cabrio is everything but a car, especially the ones from the 90 backward, ultra wobblies and soft. Open top driving is good for girls, posers and such, but after 2 sec you realize it ain't a real car if it doesn't have a roof.
Both cars have sunroofs though

Google Ads should be working nicely in SwissCarSightings now, according to TT's new stable!
Whatever clicks dropped drastically since a while (visitors too) and with the adds I wouldn't even be able to pay a single service every year
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #135
TT
Regular User

Not when you can buy a Zonda or a 355 with real roofs